Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45921 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2016, 01:58:25 am »

"It doesn't actually matter which way we are going on the w-axis. Down and up are the same. The issue is we're two levels away from the Traveler and therefore the Vessel. Unless the Vessel was moved. However that is unlikely seeing as how the Entity is using certain types of focus as a regent for relocation. Memetic Entity. Feeds on emotions. It's both protecting the thrall that sustains whenever you attack it as well as further separating us from an exit in an attempt to get us to give up and simply be subsumed as thralls. Notably it tends to do a reversion whenever something appears as though it's dying. As shown with Espada earlier when she fell unconscious from mental backlash. This implies it isn't actually capable of measuring durability, nor how close to death something is or it is implying it might be more concerned with a loss of consciousness in a given host. Which further implies a possibility of It starving to death if all potential hosts lose consciousness. Which would mean it isn't needs a conscious host to stay active. Which would mean it probably wouldn't have any Resting Objects within its domain and just reverts hosts lower and lower or higher and higher dependent on your perspective whenever they get sleepy. On that note. Lets go bed hunting to confirm or deny that and then work from there."

"Oi. Random farmer number sixty seven. Where is the closest bed?"
Koi points at a random mundane looking person.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2016, 03:18:48 am »

Grab the emotion and Yank
The feeling of local space itself pitying you increases somewhat, though you're not sure if this means you're getting anywhere or not.

"Oi. Random farmer number sixty seven. Where is the closest bed?" Koi points at a random mundane looking person.
The only one within pointing/speaking range seems to be the bearded man you apparently remember agreeing to help rescue some escaped rabbits for. He looks a little miffed at your manner of addressing him. "Ezekiel, thank you kindly. And in me house, I suppose. Though if you're looking for somewhere to lie down, I think there're spare bunks in the village house."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2016, 03:22:55 am »

"Likely not consciousnessbased. Lifedeath focused. Titus. With me. We're going to go punch the Guitarfucker in the snout to confirm or deny a theory." Pulse again on all frequencies for Espada

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2016, 03:42:54 am »

"Yes Sir." He starts to move his hand up to his chest to salute him but catches himself. "Oh, that was wierd."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2016, 03:46:58 am »

"Reflexes are normal. Not weird. The oddity is that you're reacting to a Psionform in such a way rather then a Tactiform, Logiform, or Adminform."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2016, 08:20:48 am »

"Well, 'Fire' is the word an unrefined person would..."
Resalth looks befuddled for a moment. "Apologies, that was rude of me. Anyways, I find this simple life has rather charmed me. It is peaceful and pleasant enough, and one has time to think."

"Rude of you? It's exactly what I would have done if you called my Affinity "Curses"! Actually, I might have started ranting or started gathering Aether for a spell... anyway."

"I for one doubt I could ever settle down to a life like this. Permanently, I mean. I did something similar when I was on the cusp of determining my Affinity. But doing this permanently? What of boredom? What of the potential to use one's magic for so much more! What of ones allies who need assistance! No, this isn't the life for me. I'm a mage, not a farmer. If you'd like to stay this way, fine. I can see why you might prefer this. But if you'd like to be finished with this... well, suffice it to say I still don't know how much space is compacted inside the Traveller's traveling box. But I'm fairly certain there's enough room for you."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2016, 09:46:17 am »

"Well, 'Fire' is the word an unrefined person would..."
Resalth looks befuddled for a moment. "Apologies, that was rude of me. Anyways, I find this simple life has rather charmed me. It is peaceful and pleasant enough, and one has time to think."

"Rude of you? It's exactly what I would have done if you called my Affinity "Curses"! Actually, I might have started ranting or started gathering Aether for a spell... anyway."

"I for one doubt I could ever settle down to a life like this. Permanently, I mean. I did something similar when I was on the cusp of determining my Affinity. But doing this permanently? What of boredom? What of the potential to use one's magic for so much more! What of ones allies who need assistance! No, this isn't the life for me. I'm a mage, not a farmer. If you'd like to stay this way, fine. I can see why you might prefer this. But if you'd like to be finished with this... well, suffice it to say I still don't know how much space is compacted inside the Traveller's traveling box. But I'm fairly certain there's enough room for you."
"I agree. There's so much to do in this world, this universe, and do you really want to spend the rest of the life as a farmer? I guess it's fine if you actually want to continue like this, but I left my family because there's so much to see in life, and nobody should take that away from me. Sometimes, the best thing a person can do for you to let you go."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:54:45 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2016, 11:19:51 am »

"You could not fathom how much room I have," says the Traveler. "Feel free to tag along, or whatever. But we really should get moving, we're not getting any closer to finding either my ride or our missing companions standing here."

"Fair enough. I must admit, I am intrigued." He looks over at the nearby group of humans harvesting corn. "Do you mind if I accompany these strangers for a while? I will be back before long."

One of them looks over, a middle-aged woman with long hair. "Go ahead, we can finish this ourselves."

Rajita turns to look at Resalth, a curious look on her face. "Sorry if I'm intruding, but how did you end up here, of all places?"
"Not at all. It seems so long ago now, but I remember our cruiser flew towards the Mouth of Orion. We were fleeing from the huma..." He stares off into space. "I apologize, what were we talking about?"

"Likely not consciousnessbased. Lifedeath focused. Titus. With me. We're going to go punch the Guitarfucker in the snout to confirm or deny a theory." Pulse again on all frequencies for Espada
There seems to be the same musical signal coming from the center of this farm, just as there was on the one where you met Espada.

You finally locate them, who, going off new memories and signalling, seems to be in a neighboring square of farmland. They express some minor frustration at the further dislocation, and inform you that they have discovered a person of interest.

Avi had been wandering for two days now. At least, it should have been, going by the passage of hours. The sun never seemed to move at all in the sky, though. She'd seen so many farms on this road through these woods. Just one after the other, ever since that strange incident and she suddenly found herself standing in a field. The locals seemed friendly, but they hadn't been very helpful in determining where she was. But now she had come across a very strange-looking person.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:07:54 pm by HugoLuman »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2016, 11:54:19 am »

Avi suddenly literally bumps into Espada after two days of wandering a winding, wooded road through the never-ending farms under an ever-sunlit sky.

"Oh, hello!  You're new!  Err...Any idea what planet this is?  I've not found anyone who can tell me for two days!  Kind of annoying!  And the woods are trying to scare me for some reason!  Like that'd actually work, I mean, that's just a free buffet!"

"Say, who're you?"

She idly fiddles with a...Some sort of stonecraft.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:09:35 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2016, 12:18:09 pm »

Espada smiles and curtly nods. "Hello to you too. I'm afraid I can't provide much info, aside from details about specific people around here. But I think it would be more accurate to say that you are new here. Do you remember anything about your arrival?" The circular plate on their head displays a series of images, mostly greeting gestures such as handshakes and bows, followed by question marks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2016, 12:26:48 pm »

"Standard 'oh carp I fell through an interdimensional rift' shenanigans, I'm afraid.  Just popped up in a field."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2016, 01:07:40 pm »

"Standard 'oh carp I fell through an interdimensional rift' shenanigans, I'm afraid.  Just popped up in a field."

"Sorry to hear. But it sounds like you don't have trouble remembering at least. Have you a name?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2016, 01:19:26 pm »

"I'm Avi.  You are?"
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2016, 01:23:55 pm »

"Espada," offering a hand outwards, "pleased to meet you."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2016, 01:28:16 pm »

Avi returns the handshake enthusiastically.

"It's good to meet someone who's actually got a brain...

What did you say about trouble remembering, now?"
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48