Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45960 times)

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »

Titus notes the symbol and quickly swings his sword vertically, launching a thin wave of plasma at the draconian, while avoiding hitting the farmers behind it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2016, 07:14:34 pm »

"Eh? What is that?"

No focuses his attention on the draconic creature.

You sense a fairly strong magical aura, about what you might expect from a dragon of that size. There's a tinge of fire to it. Going off that, and the color, it's probably one of those kinds of dragon that follows a chromatic spectrum.

Titus notes the symbol and quickly swings his sword vertically, launching a thin wave of plasma at the draconian, while avoiding hitting the farmers behind it.

What a lovely day that was, yesterday. These lovely people gave you a place to stay after your long day of searching the countryside. It was so nice of them to offer you breakfast, too, been so long since you got to taste some real Terran-style cooking.

You find yourself sitting at a wooden table, surrounded by various fellow humans wearing white shirts and black pants with suspenders, waiting cheerfully with bowls in front of them. Your armor is piled neatly in the corner of the room, and you see an empty wooden bowl set in from of you as well.

>Koi
>64.21
>Intact. Minor Headache. Dimensionally Stranded.
>Memetic Effects noted in environment.
     >Concern at safety of planetoid due to such.
>Clarify_Subclass_Role
     >Reason_Unfamiliar

>A request for a location for visual confirmation.
>Mild confusion at the apologeticness.

The other seems to have recovered from initial surprise, continuing to do the electromagnetic equivalent of humming along to the guitar, still with the extra notes. Espada seems somewhat amused and slightly confused by your concern. You also sense some confusion about your caste number.

>Clarify_Subclass_Role
     >Reason_Unfamiliar
>A request for a location for visual confirmation.
>Mild confusion at the apologeticness.
>Flickers of many, many memories of talking to and recording strange beings, recording new places.
>You get a ping from the source of the second musical signal, in the corn fields about 90 meters to the Northeast.
>You get a sense that this stranger would come over to you, if they weren't engaged in a task at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:21:10 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2016, 07:21:07 pm »

Koi walks off without a word to the group towards the other.

>Geneline 64. Version 21.
>Patch_Notes? - Y/N

Approaching.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2016, 07:45:18 pm »

Fune cautiously approaches the Draconian, sensing nothing wrong so far.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »

Fune cautiously approaches the Draconian, sensing nothing wrong so far.

"Wait, wasn't Titus just with us?"

The Draconian looks very confused, inasmuch as it's possible to tell from the reptilian face, but then it waves at the group. "Hello there? I do not believe I have seen your faces before..."

Koi walks off without a word to the group towards the other.

>Geneline 64. Version 21.
>Patch_Notes? - Y/N

Approaching.

>Espada seems to wonder if you mean 60Ω. Then the curiosity shifts to your age.

Picking your way through the corn, which is a good 2 feet taller than you are, you soon make your way into a clearing. A small cluster of people in that same rural garb, cutting corn with scythes and putting the cobbs in wicker baskets. There's a couple more humans, someone humanoid but with pointy ears, dark grey skin, and red eyes, and finally someone who simply has to be the stranger.

They're the source of the second signal, alright. From your sensors, you can see their their limbs are mechanical, but their torso and head are mostly organic, aside from the usual implants and some fairly common additions you recognize. Their head looks mostly human, though there's a big disc-shaped plate of polymer on their forehead that seems to have some kind of dynamic light display, and in place of ears they have elongated, wedge shaped mechanical antennae (most likely a stylized extension of the sensor suite). They also seem to have a dense covering of very dark purple feathers in place of hair on their scalp.

"Hello Koi," Espada says, not looking up, but still probably giving you most of their visual attention. The other people nearby briefly look up to see who Espada is talking to before turning back to their work.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2016, 08:33:13 pm »

"...Was he?"

"Oh, hi, Mister Dragon. We're new here, so you probably haven't. My name's Fune!"
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2016, 08:46:21 pm »

"Greetings."

>Clarify_Question?
Born 313PU
Current_Time 427PU

Why the mechanical extremities? Biological tend to be easier to repair.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 08:57:18 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »

"...Was he?"

"Oh, hi, Mister Dragon. We're new here, so you probably haven't. My name's Fune!"
"I am called Resalth." The Draconian bows, rather gracefully considering the bulky corn basket held in one arm. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, little one. Nice day, isn't it?"

"Greetings."

>Clarify_Question?
Born 313PU
Current_Time 427PU

Why the mechanical extremities? Biological tend to be easier to repair.

"It's been so long since I've had a conversation like this," says Espada, continuing their manual labor.

>You get a sense of dawning realization, like an "ahhhh," and also a sadness. Not a personal sadness, but a distant memory of the sadness of the groupmind. You get a brief flash of the shared memory. Something unspeakable, most likely a conflict of some sort. Damage to the groupmind itself. The PU is remembered, an indelible fact, but not the number of years since. But you sense this only for an instant, followed by an apologetic feeling and a sense that Espada does not wish to trouble you with such things (nor, in fact, think about it themself). Seeming eager to change the subject, they hastily add that, as far as they know, many of the former 60's genelines have been consolidated into 60Ω, for reasons Espada does not clearly understand.

>There seem to be some very personal reasons wrapped up in the mechanical limbs, but Espada shares with you the simple joy they get in tinkering with the limbs, and also features of the legs that allow them to alter their height at will.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »

"How so?"

Temporal Distortion? Chronologically unsynced from me and mine seems. Origins in future?

>Questioning on arrival to this realm of existance? Curiosity as to reason for harvesting low yield natural crops.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2016, 12:39:10 am »

Rajita stares in shock, looking back and forth at where Titus used to be, and the Draconian.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2016, 01:42:05 am »

Titus looks around at the smiling faces of the others sitting at the table and can't help but smile with them.
He opens his mouth to thank them once again for their hospitality when his smile suddenly fades and his happiness is instead replaced by slight dread. Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something.
He turns to look at his armor. That's strange, he continues to stare at his armor, why would I take it off when I don't trust a single person here?
He turns back to the empty bowl in front of him and begins to collect his thoughts about the events that led him here. First we crashed here, then his ship disappeared to vomit or something, then we began to search for it, then we found the corn...
He quickly stands up and slams his hands down on the table. "That fucking dragon!"
Donning his armor as quickly as he possibly can, he runs outside ignoring those at the table.
As soon as he's outside he talks into the inter-dimensional ring. "Are you guys okay? Where are you?"
He then tries his best to get back to the corn field where he first saw the draconian.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2016, 02:54:30 am »

Titus looks around at the smiling faces of the others sitting at the table and can't help but smile with them.
He opens his mouth to thank them once again for their hospitality when his smile suddenly fades and his happiness is instead replaced by slight dread. Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something.
He turns to look at his armor. That's strange, he continues to stare at his armor, why would I take it off when I don't trust a single person here?
He turns back to the empty bowl in front of him and begins to collect his thoughts about the events that led him here. First we crashed here, then his ship disappeared to vomit or something, then we began to search for it, then we found the corn...
He quickly stands up and slams his hands down on the table. "That fucking dragon!"
Donning his armor as quickly as he possibly can, he runs outside ignoring those at the table.
As soon as he's outside he talks into the inter-dimensional ring. "Are you guys okay? Where are you?"
He then tries his best to get back to the corn field where he first saw the draconian.

As Titus gets up to don his armor, though, he feels a hand on his shoulder. "What's wrong, mister Titus? You look like you dun just seen a ghost!" The other faces in the room seem to be looking at him with concern.

Rajita stares in shock, looking back and forth at where Titus used to be, and the Draconian.
The Draconian looks a bit confused as well, though more at your expression then anything else.

"How so?"

Temporal Distortion? Chronologically unsynced from me and mine seems. Origins in future?

>Questioning on arrival to this realm of existance? Curiosity as to reason for harvesting low yield natural crops.

"Through minds, of course. So few who communicate as our kind does. But no matter. Nice day, isn't it?"

Espada considers this possibility likely, though suggests that there may be differences in their timelines going as far back as Koi's time or further, with no way to be sure one way or the other.

>Espada remembers that they had joined a nascent research colony, which had stumbled upon an anomalous object during its construction operations. An initial interaction with it caused the entire planetoid to be propelled many trillions of years into the future (or so was their best guess), into an age of the universe where most stars were dead or dying. The colonists had searched for a way to return to their own time, and Espada had volunteered to transverse what was believed to be the space-time scar left by their initial displacement. Ever since, Espada had been here.

Their mind seems to stumble for a moment as to the reason for their agricultural activities, but you get the feeling that they find it an almost meditative experience, and that they enjoy conversing with and observing the locals, as seems to be part of the specialty of their caste.

Espada recalls your earlier query about patch notes, selecting Y. Uncertainty about the roles of the old unconsolidated 60's.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2016, 05:28:50 am »

"Little one...? Say that to my face, fucker, not online. Oh, um... Nice to meet you too."
She does her own sort of bow, which is surprisingly hard to notice.
"And it really is a nice day."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2016, 12:36:31 pm »

"Indeed. And honestly the day could be going better."

Most 60's from my era handle various psionic tasks. 64 specifically handles spacial folding and subreality navigation.

>Geneline 64 Version 21 Patch Notes:
     >Reduction in psionic instability while interfacing with largescale Psionic Amplifiers.
     >Increased W-Axis detection range for assorted extradimensional distortions
     >Spacial Tearing stability increase, enabling longer ranges.
     >Mentality tweaks, additional stability in behaviors. More predictable, easier to focus.
     >Mindset tweaks, certain dependencies enabled.               
     >Optimization for Pairings with Shipform Genelines.

>Curiosity at what the artifact looked like. A flicker associating spacetime distortion to the Traveler's Vessel

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:15:48 pm by Kevak »

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2016, 01:52:54 pm »

Titus recognizes the voice of the boy and turns to look at him. "Uh, I don't suppose you could explain what just happened?"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48