Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45927 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2016, 02:06:36 pm »

Rajita takes a moment to compose herself, and then with some hesitation, curtsies at the draconian.
"Well...I guess it would be a good time to introduce myself. I am Rajita Singh, of the Singh family. I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Resalth. It is indeed quite a nice day."
Politeness always seemed to be a fairly good policy, even if inside, she thought the person involved might be related to the great serpents described in old tales.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:08:13 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2016, 05:25:38 pm »

"Little one...? Say that to my face, fucker, not online. Oh, um... Nice to meet you too."
She does her own sort of bow, which is surprisingly hard to notice.
"And it really is a nice day."
"Quite. And who are your friends here? They look a bit troubled."

Rajita takes a moment to compose herself, and then with some hesitation, curtsies at the draconian.
"Well...I guess it would be a good time to introduce myself. I am Rajita Singh, of the Singh family. I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Resalth. It is indeed quite a nice day."
Politeness always seemed to be a fairly good policy, even if inside, she thought the person involved might be related to the great serpents described in old tales.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance as well." Resalth bows to Rajita. "You have very fine manners."

"Yes, yes, we're all charmed to meet you, I'm sure." The Traveler frowns, as if trying to remember something "Wait, did anyone see where Koi went?"

"Indeed. And honestly the day could be going better."

Most 60's from my era handle various psionic tasks. 64 specifically handles spacial folding and subreality navigation.

>Geneline 64 Version 21 Patch Notes:
     >Reduction in psionic instability while interfacing with largescale Psionic Amplifiers.
     >Increased W-Axis detection range for assorted extradimensional distortions
     >Spacial Tearing stability increase, enabling longer ranges.
     >Mentality tweaks, additional stability in behaviors. More predictable, easier to focus.
     >Mindset tweaks, certain dependencies enabled.               >Optimization for Pairings with Shipform Genelines.

>Curiosity at what the artifact looked like. A flicker associating spacetime distortion to the Traveler's Vessel

The dark-grey-skinned one looks up from his work. "What could be better about today, sera?"

"He has merely lost his way, Ralyn. I'm sure he'll cheer up once he's found it again."

Espada seems intrigued by this information, though you catch a flicker of a very personal wistfulness at the mention of shipforms.

>Espada does not recall seeing the artifact themself, having been engaged with a document task when the incident occurred. However, the line of inquiry also seems to interest them, and you note a very brief subsidence in the volume of their idle broadcast of the music.

Suddenly, you feel something vibrating on your finger. A sound comes from the ring, "Hello? Koi? Do you read me?"

Confusion. "Who is that?"

Titus recognizes the voice of the boy and turns to look at him. "Uh, I don't suppose you could explain what just happened?"

The boy looks confused as he continues to absentmindedly strum the guitar. "What just happened? Well shucks, I reckon you got all flustered and stood up all scared-like."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2016, 05:34:01 pm »

Koi simply dumps accumulated data on the Traveler into the thoughtlink to answer the 'who' question. Most efficient way to answer.

Enjoyed the company of a Shipform prior? Curious.

He holds the ring to his mouth and speaks. "Yes."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »

"Where'd you wander off to?"

Espada finds this information fascinating, though also somewhat concerning, but that last feeling appears only briefly. Espada also shares memories explaining that their biological progenitors both decided to become a single shipform, and that they have complicated feelings about this.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2016, 05:50:23 pm »

"The field."

Why concerning?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2016, 05:54:01 pm »

"Um, my friends are all these other people."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2016, 06:25:10 pm »

"Um, my friends are all these other people."
"Yes. Fine people, I imagine. What brings you to our village on this splendid day?"

No, Fune, and Rajita can all hear Koi's voice from their rings.

"The field."

Why concerning?

"Which way? And why? You're the one who brought up why we shouldn't split up"

Espada doesn't seem to recall being concerned, and expresses minor confusion. They also wonder if Koi wishes to go rejoin his group. They also seem intrigued by the apparent communication device emitting no detectable signal, though they recall the explanation for this from your information dump.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2016, 06:31:14 pm »

"Exceptions always exist. You'll see why later. Or perhaps you will not."

Koi relays the recieved emotional data from Espada back to Espada. Right there. Was that emotion not sourced from your person?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2016, 06:37:13 pm »

No is simply watching.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2016, 06:44:51 pm »

"Um, our... ship... kind of... crashed."
Black lives matter.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2016, 06:56:42 pm »

"Oh, did I? Yeah, that happens from time to time." He starts walking towards his armor. "Doctors say it's a side effect from the combat stims injected into our blood streams." He begins to put it on. "So yeah thanks for everything but I have to get the hell out of here. He runs outside as soon as he can and attempts to contact the rest of the group with the ring.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2016, 07:09:32 pm »

"Exceptions always exist. You'll see why later. Or perhaps you will not."

Koi relays the recieved emotional data from Espada back to Espada. Right there. Was that emotion not sourced from your person?

"M'kay. You're being unusually cryptic. Anyone else think Koi is being unusually cryptic?"

Espada recognizes their own thoughtpattern there, but seems to stumble for a moment to remember experiencing it. They then seem to recall, and clarify that such a being presents many potentially hazardous unknowns.

"Um, our... ship... kind of... crashed."
"Ship? Strange, I think I would have seen or heard a ship crashing nearby. But I am glad that you seem to be uninjured."

"Oh, did I? Yeah, that happens from time to time." He starts walking towards his armor. "Doctors say it's a side effect from the combat stims injected into our blood streams." He begins to put it on. "So yeah thanks for everything but I have to get the hell out of here. He runs outside as soon as he can and attempts to contact the rest of the group with the ring.

He finds himself interrupted again, the boy asking "You're gonna leave without breakfast? Aw shucks, we made it like special, just like y'asked, too! Seth won't be much longer with the cooking."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »

Hmm.. I've noticed several points where you've struggled to find an explaination for an action or mentalpattern and then shortly after provided a seemingly reasonable explaination. On its own it wouldn't be notable, however for it to occur multiple times in a single conversation coupled with apparent rampant visual and verbal memetics within this realm of existance implies something potentially both memetic and anomalous at work. Possibly a sapient self perpetuating memetic daemon. Could you run a patterncheck program for me and verify there are no external influences upon your mindset? Recommending toggling a filter for the phrase 'Nice Day' and permutations of said phrase as it seems to be the main aural transmitter of the memeform. Fairly major levels of concern.

Koi toggles an aural filter program to automatically filter out the phrases 'Nice day' 'It's a nice day' and 'It's a nice day, isn't it?' as they appear to be the main transmitter of the memetic going around.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2016, 09:47:06 pm »

Espada does not seem very concerned, and you detect stray sentiments to the effect that you might be overreacting, but concedes that you may have a point. While they conclude that they detect no external influences on their thoughtpatterns, Espada copies your filter program to their brain and enables it. They seem to think that you would be able to construct a more secure filter than they would, though these assumptions seem to be based on what Espada knows of 60Ω's.

They also seem to be tentatively wondering if, being a spatial manipulator, perhaps you might be able to move their current load of produce into the barn so they may disengage from their current task. This seems to have less to do with the task itself, and more to do with a personal discomfort with leaving a procedure without at least resolving the current step. Seems understandable for an apparent 49 variant.

"Hello? Great..."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2016, 10:00:09 pm »

"Functional. Be patient. I'm doing a thing."

In theory yes. In practice. Need a psi amp or a largescale groupthink to draw the energy from or headaches become a problem dependent on weight, volume, and distance. Really how it is with most psiforms from my time. We're intended to interface with amps. That I'm not currently plugged into an amp or within a structure or ship that functions as an amp is atypical.
Inquiry into distance for desired Hop, six spatial frames of reference, input local, and output local. As well as details for the local spatial plane's resistance to manipulation, and any local transpacial distortions to account for. Koi seems to have defaulted into a calculation mode.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48