Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139419 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! "Nah, too easy. I'll make a god instead."
« Reply #750 on: October 05, 2016, 01:30:13 pm »

I'm ready. Let's do this.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 05, 2016, 01:42:11 pm »

That still means I can't read the others' spoilers if I want to play fair. :P

Oh well. But it also means I can ask a question! :3

Do we have to eliminate witnesses only of our own activities, or those of our competitors' activities as well?

((Basically if we see a crowd of people fleeing from two giant monsters duking it out downtown, do we have to kill them even if they don't see us?))

((Also, passing blame to the conventional enemy force might be tricky.

-"Okay, let's hear it."

-"Half the city buildings, destroyed. Central office complex, gone. Not destroyed, just not there anymore. Bodies and body fragments littering the streets. Three city blocks literally painted with blood, and entrails. Molten furrow half a mile long through downtown. Group of suspiciously lifelike statues of people in running poses on the outbound eastern road, mostly broken. At least one report of a rescue worker walking into a damaged building and falling upwards onto the ceiling. No survivors of the populace, apart from the four dozen found on the southern freeway, with amnesia so total they barely know how to breathe."

-"Yep. Definitely sounds like the work of one of them nasty separatist rebel groups, doesn't it?"))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:19:23 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 05, 2016, 01:54:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 05, 2016, 02:23:59 pm »

Read for this
can I use alternative modes of vision up to and including sonar and radar to "see" through the box

"Brain one, ready as weapons and  base unit.

"Brain two, ready as drone controller."
 "But I wanted to be the drone controller, you were gonna control senses and help with the secondary fire armssssss."
"We all discussed this brain three, shut the hell up. you work on making sure nothing sneaks up on us."
"What he said, brain three. shees what a whiny bitch."
"I HEARD THAT! Swear I'm going to kill you two sometime." 
"That would literally be suicide."
"And murder."
"All right! I get it, I'll handle radar and such.. and targeting the secondary weapons....jerks.
"Good. Now behave and I'll let you have treat. I'll let you control the particle cannon drones."
"What?! Bu-"
"NOPE NOT YOU TOO! SHUT UP AND GO WITH IT! YOU HAVE ENOUGH YOU CAN SHARE!"
"Alright..."
"yaay!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 05, 2016, 02:38:21 pm »

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 05, 2016, 03:02:52 pm »

That still means I can't read the others' spoilers if I want to play fair. :P

Oh well. But it also means I can ask a question! :3

Do we have to eliminate witnesses only of our own activities, or those of our competitors' activities as well?

((Basically if we see a crowd of people fleeing from two giant monsters duking it out downtown, do we have to kill them even if they don't see us?))

((Also, passing blame to the conventional enemy force might be tricky.

-"Okay, let's hear it."

-"Half the city buildings, destroyed. Central office complex, gone. Not destroyed, just not there anymore. Bodies and body fragments littering the streets. Three city blocks literally painted with blood, and entrails. Molten furrow half a mile long through downtown. Group of suspiciously lifelike statues of people in running poses on the outbound eastern road, mostly broken. At least one report of a rescue worker walking into a damaged building and falling upwards onto the ceiling. No survivors of the populace, apart from the four dozen found on the southern freeway, with amnesia so total they barely know how to breathe."

-"Yep. Definitely sounds like the work of one of them nasty separatist rebel groups, doesn't it?"))

That's what you get from using your own mind as a base.

Priorize dealing with your own witnesses first, then you can see if your opponent has dealt with theirs.

Wow those rebels are pretty good! What a convenient excuse to drop nukes on them!

Read for this
can I use alternative modes of vision up to and including sonar and radar to "see" through the box

"Brain one, ready as weapons and  base unit.

"Brain two, ready as drone controller."
 "But I wanted to be the drone controller, you were gonna control senses and help with the secondary fire armssssss."
"We all discussed this brain three, shut the hell up. you work on making sure nothing sneaks up on us."
"What he said, brain three. shees what a whiny bitch."
"I HEARD THAT! Swear I'm going to kill you two sometime." 
"That would literally be suicide."
"And murder."
"All right! I get it, I'll handle radar and such.. and targeting the secondary weapons....jerks.
"Good. Now behave and I'll let you have treat. I'll let you control the particle cannon drones."
"What?! Bu-"
"NOPE NOT YOU TOO! SHUT UP AND GO WITH IT! YOU HAVE ENOUGH YOU CAN SHARE!"
"Alright..."
"yaay!"

You can try.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 05, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »

Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 05, 2016, 03:45:15 pm »

Course I'm going to try. and either way if not I can quickly have my drones fly over me when we all land and find a good cover position (described below after the blue asterisk)  and look for any active and nearby threats.

Drones stay within a 50-meter area, in clear sight, try and keep them in a circular shape overhead.
the grenade launcher drones stay in a higher altitude 20-meter radius.
Particle beam drones stay in a small  5-meter circle, one right above, around in a square shape at varying heights, all above, to allow for them to all focus on one target without risk of firing into each other.  I'll scan for lifeforms taking out any nearby.
Drones remained stealth and do not engage any targets till after they have entered the area or have started firing on them or me.
I will respond with the augs if it's a small lightly armed squad, if they seem heavy-armed or well-trained respond with the machine guns. if they move to far range use the designated marksman rifles
any fortified or armored targets will be shot by the particle drones and by me.
Same for any bunkered targets or entrenched targets beyond after which normal drones will start to flood in from flanks, lmgs then the p9000s in staggered waves, still stealth, unless they seem to be another super soldier or an entrenched armored vehicle.

then move in towards the location of hostilities at a 45 degree to 85 degrees based on the location of hostilities near the newly eliminated hostile (from henceforth known as prey) and their movements. If I am surrounded by hostility or there are a lot moving in, move about 20 meters from the landing area to the nearest *building with at most 2 entrances, preferably 2 stories. If the building is lacking in windows on its second story punch some into all 4 sides. Drones remain above the building. Try to blockade one entrance with the crate I am dropped in.

any I kill that are near me where I can easily grab them at the end fo my turn will be hidden inside my building or behind the cover I am in.

this will remain my battle plan until I start taking heavy fire, having masses of infantry moving in on my position, armored vehicles moving near me, or another super soldier appears at all.

(time to start meticulously strategizing and plotting and have it all ruined by a round or two of bad rolls.))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:26:40 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 05, 2016, 04:24:15 pm »

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 05, 2016, 05:06:49 pm »

Question: if renegadetarantula dies will I have to grow/train his replacement? Or will we assume I've got one ready just in case?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 05, 2016, 07:22:46 pm »

Ready
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 05, 2016, 07:55:14 pm »

"We are ready."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 05, 2016, 11:58:54 pm »

Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)

Question: if renegadetarantula dies will I have to grow/train his replacement? Or will we assume I've got one ready just in case?

In that case what remains of his body will be delivered back to you so you can sink it into nutrient slurry bath and have it regenerate. Then we'll get you new volunteer who wants to be giant spider.

This doesn't look like a question.

"We are ready."

ATH, star2wars3 and Xantalos. Any more questions, cheaty tricks, or are you ready?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 06, 2016, 12:00:49 am »

I am ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 06, 2016, 12:02:33 am »

Uh.

"Yeah I'm ready and stuff. Should be fun."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75