Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139508 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! "Nah, too easy. I'll make a god instead."
« Reply #570 on: September 27, 2016, 04:39:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 27, 2016, 05:28:07 pm »

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 27, 2016, 06:07:39 pm »

I'm here for the murdering

Be on standby in case my scientist needs me.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 27, 2016, 11:28:49 pm »

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:31:43 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 27, 2016, 11:47:04 pm »

Create system where slaved brains can maintain control of their original bodies. Immediately begin to stick these in the heads of as many test subjects as possible, and have soldier practice controlling them.
The exosuit has the hardpoints installed, yes? One machinegun, one grenade launcher. Make EMP grenades for use with the launcher.
Make sure that I have lots of generic military equipment to give to mindless slavebrain bodies.
See if, when a slaved brain is exposed to eldritch ocean, the effect flows back to the master brain, and if so, give the slavebrain bodies the same metal skull treatment.
Test if Eldritch Ocean still has the enhanced range I saw earlier. Test if Calm Ocean also benefits from the same range.
Make the soldier train constantly, do not let him leave the lab. Do all of this for five days straight, get ample supply of caffeine, and don't sleep.

Remember above action, repeat until deadline. Shotgun as much as possible.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:52:49 pm by Egan_BW »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 28, 2016, 12:00:33 am »

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 28, 2016, 05:25:54 am »

Let the training get on track.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 28, 2016, 08:00:50 am »

Goddamn right I'm a good super-soldier. Keep training, or whatever else penguinofhonor needs me to do. And I'm ready to start dying attempting to kill the others when that day comes
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 28, 2016, 01:38:25 pm »

2 days until deadline.

Go in for repairs and to get the stolen stuff made and hooked up us...
ooh why not get that cool flying mobility stuff kade like in that anime where they kill the giant nude men?! We're a robot. A giant robot. That just means it has to be bigger. Like giant nude man sized. You're an idiot. Who knows it's the scientists' job to figure out. Finnneeeee, don't expect anything.

Also your assumption was right.

Home lab has changed since you last time saw it. Little burned, holes in walls and floors. The memory stick is happily taken by one of those skeletal bodies your builder loves to use, sticks it right in some hidden USB port inside, and five minutes later a gray blob oozes from holes and covers you entirely, getting inside your body and does something. Feels unpleasant. But in the end you get upgraded. A little. Monoatomic arm blades? Cool.

Send 10 nanites each to various gas giant moons and dwarf planets. 100% replication for first 2 days then 50/50 replication and computronium
Build a airlock system in the wormhole room. Send 30/30 percent Earth nanites equally between Luna and Mars. Remaining nanites replicate and help fix and upgrade the super-soldier
Luna/Mars Nanites focus 100% on replicating
Mercury Nanites 100% replicate

Fix and upgrade super-soldier with stolen technology, include countermeasures for dazzleball and other basilisk hacks

Priority 1: Grand Unified Theory of Everything
Priority 2: Free Energy (this isn't listed on research in progress?)
Priority 3: All-Condition Technology: Toughen up my QE comms and nanites so they can go all the places. Preferably stars as well for eventual stellar conversion, but that's lower priority
Priority 4: Forcefields: Yay, science-fiction gadget! Maybe I could get it to Culture Effector level? Probably not

You know what? You only the second most overpowered character in this game.

Airlock built and nanites sent.

Grand Unified Theory of Everything done! You don't know everything, but you know how to explain everything and how to simulate everything. That 0.1 thick thing around universe? It's a god. Probably. Something which interacts with all complex structures, such as brains. With proper guidance and hints it can alter laws of physics anywhere anytime. So yeah, might as well make use of that for your tech. Make a god work for you. Brillaint idea. Dunno how long you could abuse it before it decides to smite you out of existance.

Free unlimited energy! Straight from god's heart! Abuse it until it kicks your ass!

All condition technology! Easy peasy. Build a three cubic meters big block with atomic level structure abusing god and turning conditions within given area into your liking.

Forcefields! Tell the god to stop things moving! Easy!

This leaves just barely enough time to operate with your soldier. Let's see, simple all condition terrain adaptable electromagnetic camo. Useless. Drones projecting holographs? Useless. Half decent battery? Useless. Dazzleball? Eh, highly hypnotic lightshow on 390-700 nm range using holographic projection. Easy to counteract. Coilgun? Useless. Shock absorbing lining? Hmm, may have some uses, but probably useless. Grafting technology directly into biological systems, total fusion? Interesting, but useless. Various products of such technology, all useless. Except those interacting with brain. Hmm, nah, your quantum brain is better anyway. Monoatomic katana? Literally five atoms thick. Cracks easily if used improperly. Easily rebuilt. Hmm, your soldier doesn't have any proper close range weapons. Might as well give him one. Blade generation system integrated directly on his forearms meaning he can swing his arms at anytime and cut shit.

That was mostly garbage, as you predicted long time ago. Nothing here compares to you. You wonder why the Company didn't simply hire you right from the beginning. Maybe these apes are just so blind they cannot discern diamonds from trash. Well, it ain't your problem anymore. Only a little more and you can ditch this planet and ascend greater heights.

Let the training get on track.

Unspecified training goes on. Using MMI levels up some unspecific advanced level, but reaction time training results nothing.

Create system where slaved brains can maintain control of their original bodies. Immediately begin to stick these in the heads of as many test subjects as possible, and have soldier practice controlling them.
The exosuit has the hardpoints installed, yes? One machinegun, one grenade launcher. Make EMP grenades for use with the launcher.
Make sure that I have lots of generic military equipment to give to mindless slavebrain bodies.
See if, when a slaved brain is exposed to eldritch ocean, the effect flows back to the master brain, and if so, give the slavebrain bodies the same metal skull treatment.
Test if Eldritch Ocean still has the enhanced range I saw earlier. Test if Calm Ocean also benefits from the same range.
Make the soldier train constantly, do not let him leave the lab. Do all of this for five days straight, get ample supply of caffeine, and don't sleep.

Slaved brains in their brain cases receive a neuron reader block on their brain stem, which requires some modifications on braincase technology to accommodate increased size. Brainless bodies receive its counterpart which is installed into now empty skull. It's connected to to pack of nerves entering into spinal column. Rather simple systems which requires keeping bodies alive long enough for implementing it.

For master brain it is like thinking about moving bodies and they all respond. After all the system relays commands to all slaved brains to execute, so it very hard to make individual body move. But hey, it works!

EMP grenade done.

If the brain case is not shielded, then the effect bleeds but not in insanity causing manner. From such close range it causes flood of mental cacophony, making focusing near impossible. And slaved brains break free from their reduced state and go totally batshit crazy. You had to put them down and replace with new brains. After shielding the braincases effect disappears, but remotely controlled bodies jitter and twitch. Probably because there's neurons and long axons in spinal column. Insulating that with shielding is harder, even for you. Maybe even impractical considering how many holes you would have to make into shielding metal coat. Magnetic field lines will form through those openings unimpended and cause their effects.

Terrorizer range is still the same. Not sure if that really counts as extended. It may have been that long from the very beginning.

Training him goes relatively well. He's now pretty good with that MMI.

But since building all that stuff took only two days, it means today's progress roll is saved. Making him train doesn't really count.

Get along well with myself. Practice and stuff.

And yeah I'll be good to murder everything in sight.

Master chef, master multitasker and advanced willpower levels reached. Whatever good they may do for you. Getting hang on mindreading too. Did you know these lab assistants receive their wages mostly from Microsoft, Google and Facebook? And guards from few different underground mercenary companies. One even used to work as an assassin. Actually you have known that all along, being one of them. Like every other volunteering soldier.

OPERATION: ALL-SEEING EYE

Step Nineteen, cont'd: sweet! Let's see how many EPs we can print in a day. And whether they're connected to the hive mind! Luckily WHW-ASE lets them do telepathy, so there's several design issues we've circumvented already!

Step Twenty-Two: if I finish at least one sphere, see if it is subject to the same issues with maximum volume that inhibited the fleshy EP! Not needing a physiology to support might be pretty useful in that sense.

On the very last stretch of completing the 3d model you hit a proverbial wall. In particular WHW-B part seems distressingly hard to convert into metallic form. So close! And so little time! It's time to start considering about pulling an all-nighter...

And wasn't WHW-ASE all about reading?

I'm here for the murdering

Be on standby in case my scientist needs me.

Seems busy fixing your BFG.

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

Goddamn right I'm a good super-soldier. Keep training, or whatever else penguinofhonor needs me to do. And I'm ready to start dying attempting to kill the others when that day comes

She's daydreaming. What does scientist with penchant for flesh horrors dream about, you have no idea nor you are sure if you even want to know. Getting better with body and various extra senses.

Quote from: penguinofhonor
Automatic research

While daydreaming about fleshy hellscape you get barely anything done. Monster maker should now cause scales, teeth and claws generate properly.

I'm just getting all the good rolls lately, aren't I. I am beginning to fear some kind of sudden unspecified catastrophic event is about to happen. Not even necessarily in the game.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:42:45 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 28, 2016, 01:51:40 pm »

More pranks and stealing, stealth into a place, connect all speakerstogether then have them play the sound of a hundred ten year old call of duty players screaming "420 blaze it, 360 no scope pro 1v1 me git rekt", curse words, raging,  and blowing air horns while popping smoke grenades all at once, then go kidnap some low level scientists on the way out... ooh ohh don't forget to leave some kool-aid out for those that are left!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:01:02 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 28, 2016, 02:54:56 pm »

Test if Eldritch Ocean still has the enhanced range I saw earlier.

Test if Calm Ocean also benefits from the same range.

I actually meant for the slavebrain bodies to still have their brains in the original bodies, so I'd be inducing the vegetable state, lining the skull with shielding, and then putting a chip in their skulls that allows the soldier to wirelessly control the body, while still using it as a slave. This means that I'm not limited by the number of brains carried in the suit, because the bodies would carry their own brains. Sorry that was unclear.

Give the soldier a kind of switch controlled by mmi, so he can choose to control only one body at a time. Try to give the brains enough autonomy to at least stand on their own.

Also see if I could acquire brains from trained soldiers to stick in the exosuit.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 28, 2016, 02:56:40 pm »

((I'm going to step on my own song's throat here, as the russian saying goes, and point out that I only have 12 units up today, with 12 more tomorrow, since that's what the production line can do. I suppose that makes no functional difference in the end, but still.

My status post really needs a "Facilities Running" section. I can't tell if the armor and ammo production are established and doing their thing.

Also a tech moved to completed in the tech list, but was not mentioned in the post text.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 28, 2016, 02:59:25 pm »

((...12 units? 12 more tomorrow? At least 36 by the deadline? I'm screwed, aren't I.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 28, 2016, 03:01:46 pm »

((...12 units? 12 more tomorrow? At least 36 by the deadline? I'm screwed, aren't I.))
((Don't worry that much, they're not nearly as overpowered as what some of the others are building, individually. I don't even know how many I'll actually field in each test.

I think we should all be more worried about Meshanblov's particle cannon.))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:09:39 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 28, 2016, 03:19:38 pm »

((Still though, all I have in terms of the combat body is fairly mundane exosuit. I'll just have to hope that everybody's vulnerable to my trump card...))
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 75