Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139582 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Meshanblov Collective did it
« Reply #525 on: September 25, 2016, 12:41:48 am »

Re Godgame: Research was too slow! Then when it finally got up to speed you said my research speed was gamebreaking and I should stop. Meshanblov can't win.  :'(
((Should have focused on actually making a soldier rather than becoming one with the universe. :P

"Research was too slow". You cracked quantum computing and compact nuclear power in a week.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2016, 12:44:37 am »

((And what have I done? I created a horrible unethical weapon that's unable to tell friend from foe. And... way too many brainchips.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2016, 08:18:57 am »

Wait meshanbov is working on fucking wormholes and and a godamn singularity yet is still working on god damn fusion tech?!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 25, 2016, 10:04:20 am »

You know what? We don't have time to ponder. I have a gut feeling about Tarantula, and it looks like renegadelobster is leaning in that direction so I transplant his brain into Tarantula and begin the adaptation process anew. I also give this new body magnetovision while we're messing with things.

Next I begin designing an armored suit for Tarantula using the material I created.
I keep in mind defense, mobility, and maximizing renegadelobster's carrying capacity. He doesn't have Brutus' strength, but he should still be able to carry around more weapons and gear than a normal person.

I also devote some time today to the first aid jelly tubes. A paste design seems a little too messy for combat.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 25, 2016, 11:29:05 am »

Wait meshanbov is working on fucking wormholes and and a godamn singularity yet is still working on god damn fusion tech?!
Fusion is not easy to extract energy out of in meaningful quantities unless you're a star.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 25, 2016, 12:57:56 pm »

Start getting used to the Tarantula body. Hopefully it goes faster this time.

Weapon preferences have changed a little. Probably should have a mace or a double headed axe instead of a greathammer/warhammer. Also, an SMG and/or shotgun instead of a pistol. Probably also don't need an assault rifle now too.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 25, 2016, 03:23:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 25, 2016, 03:49:05 pm »

5 days until deadline.

Priority 1: Wormholes: Tell the agent something convincing about using the Radon to develop cheap mass-producible fusion power to corner the energy market for the company.
Priority 2: Grey Goo: Build that nanomachine
Priority 3: Finalized Super-Soldier: Be done already
Priority 4: Fusion Power

So Computronium is done right?

I'm gonna double the effort just because.

But that messes up my timetable!  :'(

Re Godgame: Research was too slow! Then when it finally got up to speed you said my research speed was gamebreaking and I should stop. Meshanblov can't win.  :'(

Your priority have been decreased to rank 8. Enjoy.
Not sure what that means but it sounds ominous

Computronium is done, the design of it at least and the plan how to produce it. Building any of it is job for nanites.

Rank 8 means I write your turn last when I'm most tired and want to quickly finish this.

Wormholes:
Agent says that's outside of the scope of this project. You get two tons, make due with it. Should be enough for any super soldier energy production needs. Compact fusion energy sounds nice and he doesn't want to second guess you too much.

Well two tons just won't do it. It simply isn't enough. So obvious solution is to synthetize it somehow. While you easily have sufficient brain power to solve all kinds of problems easily, physical contruction jobs are still rather limited. As you finish the first nanomachine the though occurs that you could use nanomachines to harvest materials and build things in addition of simply converting mass into Computronium.

Grey Goo:
Got it, wanna release it here? Just to build some base mass? Assume all kinds of safety measures applied. Cutting power to your brain would be counter productive after all.

Finalized Super-Soldier:
Done. We'll go through later what it exactly is made of so we won't have any misunderstandings.

Fusion Power:
Likewise, it takes time to build. Physical tasks are so annoyingly slow.

Bring him back, scoop out his brains, coat his skull!

Yup, coating added. You had to file his skull thinner in order to fully fit the shielding. The man will have problems if he wants to fly somewhere on commercial airlines.

Another day's roll saved in case you want to do something else, with minor penalty for doing the surgery because it wasn't easy nor fast one.

Does the soldier want to go back on pranking now?

"When your progress reports start to contain literal magic, that's how you know you're at the bleeding edge. A method of measuring this more precisely has been proposed - the glories-to-paragraph ratio. As research starts to warrant reports of at least one glory per paragraph, properly transhuman research can be said to have begun. This naturally poses serious issues in communicating with lab assistants in any way beyond motivational speeches, but for me much like any other researcher worth their salt this wasn't that much of a departure from business as usual."

Head Researcher Curious George, Knuckle Deep In The Mind: A Memoir

OPERATION: ALL-SEEING EYE

Step Nineteen: construct the Journey Device, or JD. Have a prototype ready post-haste, set this to first priority. See if I can imprint minds on the wind, for instance.

Step Twenty: do have the WHW-ASE modules installed into the EP's group, though.

Step Twenty-One: return to the possibility of greatly expanding multitasking ability if time permits.

OPERATION: RECYCLED NEURON

Step Six: if JD is completed today, wonder how it is that my lab assistants are incapable of operating a device that should theoretically be done. Take matters into my own hands if time permits.

Journey Device ends up being nothing more special than 3D printer, albeit one that prints on atomic level. Taking a break from that you slap assistants for being incompetent, show them step by step how it is done and confirm that it actually works. One test subject is made to forget his mother, so it should be reliable.

WHW-ASE added on EP people.

Then you return pondering what kind of brain you should make with the printer. Insect brain is too small. Mouse level complexity should be enough to prove it. For example you build in TG-R and TG-B variants to confirm it works, although those would have to be rebuilt from ground up. Literally.

Quote from: NAV
Automatic Research

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

Start getting used to the Tarantula body. Hopefully it goes faster this time.

Weapon preferences have changed a little. Probably should have a mace or a double headed axe instead of a greathammer/warhammer. Also, an SMG and/or shotgun instead of a pistol. Probably also don't need an assault rifle now too.

Yep, there's hoping. And since impantation happens right on morning, I can probably give some progress already. *Rolls* Or not. See you tomorrow.

You know what? We don't have time to ponder. I have a gut feeling about Tarantula, and it looks like renegadelobster is leaning in that direction so I transplant his brain into Tarantula and begin the adaptation process anew. I also give this new body magnetovision while we're messing with things.

Next I begin designing an armored suit for Tarantula using the material I created.
I keep in mind defense, mobility, and maximizing renegadelobster's carrying capacity. He doesn't have Brutus' strength, but he should still be able to carry around more weapons and gear than a normal person.

I also devote some time today to the first aid jelly tubes. A paste design seems a little too messy for combat.

Alright. Cutting Brutus open is just as hard as it was last time, maybe even more so when you have to keep Tarantula's brain cavity open in same time. But genius as you are it isn't too much trouble. Soldier is reimplanted and has whole host of assistants assigned singing praises when he succesfully twitches right finger.

And he also has nice flat body to stack things on. Good thing is you don't have to worry about chafing with this armor. It will heal quickly. Armor doesn't take long to build. It is very pale in color. Almost white even. Good thing paint sticks on it well enough, so you can paint camo patterns. You also add extra hooks and straps so soldier can attach various objects on both top and bottom of his body. The whole armor is kinda skin tight and constructed in pieces, top and bottom are separate parts out of necessity. Legs of course get separate armor.

First aid jelly tubes done. Works only for your combat bodies. In order to make it useable by normal humans, you would have to build into the tube itself a device to craft the regen virus on demand, which is not only dangerous, but also prohibitely expensive. Probably. Not that price of things is your problem.

So, close, and yet still not there. Those excuses better be damn good once I think of them.

I agree, they better be good.

Man, I need my own Nyars. I'm getting equivalents of armor thickness questions here.

Fusion is not easy to extract energy out of in meaningful quantities unless you're a star.
Or unless you are a mad scientist in my game.

Oooh, weapons!

Spoiler: DAKKADAKKADAKKA (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dakka dakka? (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! "Nah, too easy. I'll make a god instead."
« Reply #533 on: September 25, 2016, 03:54:39 pm »

No, he doesn't. He's staying right here.

Manufacture the final exosuit thing, with the three brains he got as well as three generic test subject brains, fission reactor, terrorizer, and weapon hardpoints.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 25, 2016, 04:01:39 pm »

OPERATION: ALL-SEEING EYE

Step Nineteen, cont'd: you know something, that's not good enough. I want to print the mind of the EP onto a block of platinum-iridium for posterity. Git 'er done! Five days left, it's motherfucking crunch time now.

Step Twenty-One: something something do multitasking research if I have time.

OPERATION: RECYCLED NEURON has concluded, result: prototype memory erasure device is a go, yet another thing to add to my humble neurological portfolio.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 25, 2016, 04:09:00 pm »

Yes let's prank everyone.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 25, 2016, 04:10:12 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:52:57 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 25, 2016, 04:27:09 pm »

Yes let's prank everyone.
Try this! Through what ever means possible
[/b]
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 25, 2016, 05:29:21 pm »

Get a ton of telescopes, binoculars, and body armor for central me too then. Make sure to practice with them so I'm adept with coordinating maneuvers and stuff.

Oh, also test out if VR-type gear that lets me see through a camera fully without any separation from a screen lets me teleport through placed cameras and such.

Like Oculus Rift-type stuff, though I know that's mostly amateur hour even for the Company, let alone the scientists.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:03:11 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 25, 2016, 05:32:30 pm »

I so want to find/build a EMP generator, but I can't do anything because GM keeps throwing stuff at me to prevent my actions from going through.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 75