Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139583 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Meshanblov Collective did it
« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2016, 03:49:33 pm »

((Is Meshanblov going to ascend to a higher plane of existence? Because even though that is actually impressive, I don't think we'll have anything resembling a contest otherwise.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2016, 03:49:47 pm »

Hehehe, You make me blush. I'll think up some appropriately broken researches in the morning (grand unified theory of everything, computronium, nanomachines/grey-goo and wormholes spring to mind.) but for now I'll note that some of the researches done are missing from the list again.

What? Again? I renamed Stealth Systems to Invisibility, but I don't see what else could be gone.

((Is Meshanblov going to ascend to a higher plane of existence? Because even though that is actually impressive, I don't think we'll have anything resembling a contest otherwise.))

Dunno. I'm gently hinting he should leave the planet and its petty squabbles.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 23, 2016, 04:01:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Singularity: Resistance is futile
« Reply #498 on: September 23, 2016, 04:04:09 pm »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 23, 2016, 04:09:41 pm »

Hehehe, You make me blush. I'll think up some appropriately broken researches in the morning (grand unified theory of everything, computronium, nanomachines/grey-goo and wormholes spring to mind.) but for now I'll note that some of the researches done are missing from the list again.

What? Again? I renamed Stealth Systems to Invisibility, but I don't see what else could be gone.
Fast Body and Virtual Reality aren't listed? In fact they're are still listed in Queued technology. In addition, this turns super-sensor stuff are missing. You might want to just fold the previous camera techs of that into a blanket "Super-Senses" Tech?
Dunno. I'm gently hinting he should leave the planet and its petty squabbles.
Huh. I was planning to go with a "but Meshanblov remembers his debts to the people who allowed him to get to this point" thing, but I guess that wouldn't be fair to the other players. As a compromise, I'll promise not to research anymore tech for my supersoldier to keep things fair, since Spaznyak still wants to play probably? I mean, there's still some stuff I wanted to add to him, but completely surpassing the win condition of this game by going for godhood instead seems like it'd be more my style.

Meshanblov marvelled at himself, he was so much more than he had ever been. While he had outgrown the shadowy corporation that had requested he build a supersoldier for them, he perhaps owed them slightly for the generous funding that allowed him to reach this point. Let it not be said that Meshanblov doesn't fulfil his obligations.

However, he found it harder to care about who could make the best monkey bully and as such decided to put in minimum effort to finish things off while he focused on the wider galaxy. Spaceships are simply too slow. Direct point to point teleportation is the way to go.

Link science bodies to me with QE comms if I haven't already.

Priority 1: Computronium; While the Quantum brains have served well, they are now too limiting, their architecture too rigid for my fluid needs and their performance not at the apex. We must determine how to re-arrange all matter into a new programmable substrate, in the most efficient configuration physically possible.

Priority 2: Grey-Goo: Once the desired material of Computronium has been designed, we will need a means to propagate it at rapid speeds across cosmic bodies. For this purpose, we shall design self-replicating swarms of nanomachines who will rapidly convert planetary masses into computronium

Priority 3: Wormholes: I am a benevolent god, and as such I will not unleash the nano-apocalypse on earth itself. Thus, I need to develop a means to rip holes through space-time, so that I can rapidly reach other planets to create Jupiter Brains, or maybe even turn the Centauri star systems into Matrioshka-Meshanblov brains (Conveniently, QE comms means I don't need to worry about light-speed lag issues). Once I have more computing power than I even I might know what to do with, I can go exploring the rest of the galaxy. Maybe find some fellow super-intelligences to show off to.

Priority 4: Fusion Power; More power is always good.

Priority 5: Finalized Super-Soldier Design: Put my various researches together into a coherent finished supersoldier design (and build it), super-material armoured exoskeleton main body with two/three supersoldier quantum brains running in it, with a swarm of weapon-wielding* stealth-drones flying around. Maybe have more than one nuclear generator for rapid-fire ability of the particle beam. Due to the various super-senses he should still be able to perceive his surroundings even while invisible and the photon-based senses from non-stealthed drones can be slaved to him via QE comms. Make sure to incorporate the EMP hardening directly into the body. Try to fix the muscle breaking issue while we're at it. Use some VR simulations and AR (for illusory opponents in real terrain) to help get the super-soldier adjusted to his new body. Give the body a loadout of some conventional weapons to supplement the Particle Beam. Modular design means the supersoldier should be able to switch it out with stuff of his choice (like if he steals from the inferiors who masquerade as mad scientists). I'll help install new things the supersoldier gets, or repair the body if something breaks, but he is otherwise on his own from here on out. Best of luck!

Priority 6: Heat Application; Aha! Figure out something to do with the heat buildup from keeping the invisibility active.

The stuff in Priorities' 1 through 4 are to be classified in a new separate "Singularity Tech" list, since I'm pretty much done with the supersoldier beyond the last finishing touches of this turn.

If I have surplus again, use it to research the Grand Unified Theory of Everything

Since I'm pretty much a fledgling god, I probably noticed my super-soldier being an idiot, so go retrieve proprietary Meshanblov technology he has put at risk. The remote military prototype seems to have pretty much outlived its usefulness, so destroy whatever isn't re-purposed for the final body. Anyway, hope he enjoys his new super-soldier body.

Voluntarily decrease my priority limit to 4 after this as I'm pretty much out of the game by now, but I want enjoy playing around as a god in the time we have remaining, without taking up too much GM attention.

* I think it might be possible to give every drone a particle beam, but that might be overkill, so I'll leave it to GM decision if they should just have guns/missiles/anthrax/chemical weaponry.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:30:43 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 23, 2016, 04:24:29 pm »

fast body and vr are both in the turn - both marked as done.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 23, 2016, 04:26:36 pm »

The problem is that the SECRET TECHNOLOGIES spoiler is not up to date with what is written in the turn.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 23, 2016, 04:39:25 pm »

The problem is that the SECRET TECHNOLOGIES spoiler is not up to date with what is written in the turn.
that's happened to me a time or two.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 23, 2016, 04:43:27 pm »

Yeah, it's not a big problem or anything, I'm just pointing out the bookkeeping error. No worries, it's all good.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 23, 2016, 05:01:22 pm »

aaaaaaaaaaaaa why
I'm just now working with the idea of plugging in a few extra brains to my soldier, and that's one of my only advantages.

Right then. Retrieve soldier and stuff shielding into his skull, stick him in a suit with the brains he gathered, attach terrorizer, give him basic weapons, and get to training already.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 24, 2016, 01:10:19 am »

Yeah, it's not a big problem or anything, I'm just pointing out the bookkeeping error. No worries, it's all good.
Oh, looks like I copypasted secret tech listing before fully updating it. Those are in their proper sections in my notes. Like I said, I'm getting sloppy. Good thing the deadline is coming soon.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 24, 2016, 01:44:42 am »

I don't think it would have been a problem for you even if it wasn't a bookkeeping error.

"Hmm, where did that research on the wormhole generator go? Naah, can't be bothered."
*redoes research from the ground up in half an hour, ends up with 50% more power efficiency and one third the size of the original*

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 24, 2016, 07:18:01 am »

((Sorry for missing a few turns lately... it hasn't been a great week IRL.))

First, I develop an injection to give immunity to my newest neurotoxin. When completed I test it on several subjects.

Then I put Chimera down using the new brain-targeted neurotoxin and request the Company build the obstacle course renegadelobster designed. If both of these things are successfully completed, I prepare several larger doses of the new neurotoxin, get the obstacle course set up, and run Tarantula through it as many times as I can. Tarantula is not to get near any real exits, it only thinks it's close to escape. It will be killed by... do I have any regular soldiers on hand? Or at least security personnel? If not, my bravest assistants will have to do. They will be given immunity to the neurotoxin and then sent in once Tarantula tires itself out. They will be be locked in with the creature so it doesn't escape should they fail to kill it.

I also give renegadelobster magnetovision and instruct his assistant to begin including that in his training. I offer him the option of a very large blindfold instead of having his eyes removed.

If I have time after that, I work on a set of first aid injections to be stored somewhere within arm's reach on an armored suit. These would be tailored to my combat bodies, providing nutrition and calories to support their natural healing process, as well as some painkiller (not the kind that will impair combat ability), and potentially a bit of my healing virus, if it would be capable of accelerating my soldier's healing any further.

In my spare time today, I respond to renegadelobster's communication, thanking him for designing the obstacle course and telling him that currently I've created a deadly neurotoxin delivered via tranqulizer gun that he should be able to use with his smaller set of arms. I'm also working on very sturdy body armor that will be for whichever body he ends up in. I still have to create his primary melee weapon and some backup weapons - does he have any preferences here? My next plan was a large mortar for his heavy arms capable of firing explosives and huge doses of biological weapons. If Brutus is the body we choose, he should be able to carry a good number of weapons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 24, 2016, 09:02:23 am »

Well. This is unexpected.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:02:38 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 24, 2016, 09:12:19 am »

Hope body gets fixed, go test it out with the pranking and minor theft of things to be  put into suit
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:51:52 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75