Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139132 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier!
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2016, 05:01:37 pm »

Work on making the generated polymers to be in two types: One very hard variation to cover the body of my super soldier, a secondary type that is still durable but much more pliant, to cover the joints of my soldier.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2016, 07:27:55 pm »

((You have bad luck with rolls. Steady line of two's.))
((With the luck this project's been having in ER? I'd be surprised if it were anything else! :P))
Snip
As the solider assigned to Sean I should give my military thoughts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »

As the solider assigned to Sean I should give my military thoughts
As a soldier assigned to me you should be off punching out bears and breaking Guiness kick-lumberjacking world records or something. But the input is noted. :)

((And even then, all tactical reasoning aside, I'm really just making it this way because I want to, so... :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2016, 04:55:28 am »

Continue working on Artificial Muscles and Cyberbrain

Meshanblov mutters to himself that once his brain has been made into a superior machine he will no longer need to worry about forgetting things. But later. Test subjects first

Was the idea perhaps carbon nanofibres?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 01:43:14 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2016, 05:32:23 am »

But that's the whole point of using plasticity - no vectors are needed, only external stimuli. It's an unlocking of various potentials that are then put to use.

As for appropriate drugs, should be simple enough to design. Get to it!

Once drugs are done, use them in the appropriate (cooperative) groups. Test the groups on acquiring martial arts skills, performance in sparring, team bonding exercises and various psychological criteria.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:31:57 am by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2016, 06:03:10 am »

((I think that is a wise plan of action for you Ao, and it suits your gamestyle that I have seen in the games i have joined.))
Spoiler: @GM: Question (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2016, 07:44:55 am »

Today I put the bulk of my effort into continuing my artificial siamese twin research.

I also put a bit of time into finding potential buyers for my bio-weapon.
If it's worth killing me to get your hands on this invention, I should probably make that unnecessary.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2016, 08:25:16 am »

((I'm going to have to opt out of this game, I'm quickly realising I don't really have the creative chops to keep up, so feel free to kill me and let other waitlisted people get on.  Definitely will still be watching to see the mad results)).
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2016, 09:51:42 am »

Can I become a test subject?

Whoever claims me gets to know what is in this spoiler:
Spoiler: Welcome to the team! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Progress (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:58:25 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2016, 01:24:21 pm »

((I'm kind of excited to see Sean's Artee actually come to fruition. Actually, if killerhellhound ends up not liking it, I'd happily step in as Sean's supersoldier. Otherwise, Put me in as a potential supersoldier))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2016, 01:31:47 pm »

I'm kind of excited to see Sean's Artee actually come to fruition.
(("Come to fruition" is an exceedingly optimistic way of putting it, progress so far being as it is. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2016, 03:11:25 pm »

((Eh. Like I said, I want to see this work. Also, depending on how the next (couple) action(s) go, would you consider a bio-engineered body with mechanical implants? Or just gonna push through and go straight up robobody?))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:19:35 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »

I totally forgot but apparently September has only 30 days. So 30th day is the deadline for completed super soldier. Stupid me.

Day 4

Continue working on Artificial Muscles and Cyberbrain

Meshanblov mutters to himself that once his brain has been made into a superior machine he will no longer need to worry about forgetting things. But later. Test subjects first

Was the idea perhaps carbon nanofibres?

"Alternative biology!" You yell when you wake up, a brilliant idea clearly in your mind. Others might call it impossible, but your dreaming brain dreamed a solution. Entirely electricity driven biology. You boot up your laptop and write entire thing, down to last equation. The idea for muscles is highly conductive 3d printed cells made from new materials, amount of contraction decided by voltage passing through. Those cells can't multiply or really do anything besides contracting and relaxing, so calling it biology is a bit stretching terminology. It hardly matters though. Carefully designed cell membranes ensure they attach to each other tightly. If you math is correct - and it is - it beats human muscle strength by two orders of magnitude. So you can make a skeleton that's stronger than than professional weightlifter. You draw designs for required machinery and start fashioning larger parts, before recalling you had another matter to do today.

Human brain simulated by quantum computer has three major steps. First you need to identify with certainty what parts of brain you actually need to copy. There are some reduntants parts and materials, like veins and other liquids. Secondly you must develope technology for copying brain structure into digital form, and a file format to contain the digitalized data. Most likely freezing a brain is required so you have solid, unchanging state. Thirdly you must invent quantum computing, progrmming language, operating system and progam to simulate the brain function. No problem. You can do it.

You start with the most reachable goal which is identifying important bits. Only few billion nerve cells to identify, roughly hundred trillion synapses to map, all individually different. Easy. You get it halfway done, ruining four brains in process.

But that's the whole point of using plasticity - no vectors are needed, only external stimuli. It's an unlocking of various potentials that are then put to use.

As for appropriate drugs, should be simple enough to design. Get to it!

Once drugs are done, use them in the appropriate (cooperative) groups. Test the groups on acquiring martial arts skills, performance in sparring, team bonding exercises and various psychological criteria.

Relying only on external stimuli makes changes much slower and less reliable. It can be done, naturally, if you accept costs.

You are on fire today. Figuratively. Your brain is bursting with many amazingly brilliant ideas! Like this improved coordination thing? Injecting subjects with a mix of specific hormones and conscious extending drugs, and designing a training program for them you see rapid increase their abilities. Same with improved reaction times. By end of day you have professional rope walkers and pitchers who could participate in major league any day without shame. Improving people's learning ability likewise proceeds with leaps. Basically only thing left is fine tuning drug mixture.

The bonding experiment results a mixture of pheromones and injected drugs cocktail before closing subjects into closed enviroment. All 20 people there start soon talking with each other, sharing life stories, sobbing and laughing at appropriate moments, and generally having good time. Forced group gymnastics practice on evening is fantastic to watch. The group of ten who participated in improved coordination and reaction time experiments take lead of the practice, supporting others and by look of it, literally share their superior senses. Late night testing proves that. The group of ten people who did not have improved coordination and reaction time treatment have improved theirs by notable margin. Not nearly as much as those what did participate, but difference clear as day. They are effectively equalizing their differences to highest standard!

They make you proud of yourself.

You didn't have time for martial arts study today.

Quote from: HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

Can I become a test subject?

Whoever claims me gets to know what is in this spoiler:
Spoiler: Welcome to the team! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

((I'm going to have to opt out of this game, I'm quickly realising I don't really have the creative chops to keep up, so feel free to kill me and let other waitlisted people get on.  Definitely will still be watching to see the mad results)).

We'll say Egan manages to assassinate you. He's been up in that business from day one.

((I think that is a wise plan of action for you Ao, and it suits your gamestyle that I have seen in the games i have joined.))
Spoiler: @GM: Question (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: @Player: Answer (click to show/hide)

Today I put the bulk of my effort into continuing my artificial siamese twin research.

I also put a bit of time into finding potential buyers for my bio-weapon.
If it's worth killing me to get your hands on this invention, I should probably make that unnecessary.

Agent promises that The Company will gladly purchase exlusive rights for any and all technologies you develope intentionally or accidentally during your employment.

Primary issue with merging too bodies together is supressing immune response and making connected tissues accept all others as part of their own. For first issue you develope an injection that completely destroys natural immune system on permanent manner and contains hyper aggressive pathogens that targets all other pathogens not part of the first system they come in contact with. So basically you created a panacea. With some work you manage to create additional injection that will tune the pathogens to accept other organic systems, be it from another human or from gorilla.

That serves as a major stepping stone for making two lumps of meat accept each other.

((You have bad luck with rolls. Steady line of two's.))
((With the luck this project's been having in ER? I'd be surprised if it were anything else! :P))

Working in one direction at a time doesn't seem to be working out. Time to scatter the attention a bit, there's plenty of assistants to boss around and have run tests for you.

The project's first phase is the body. This body is going to need structural and motive elements, those will in turn need basic wear protection (lubricant?), power, and cooling. Let's split attention to cover each of those directions, see if maybe a shotgun approach works out better.

((I'm kind of excited to see Sean's Artee actually come to fruition. Actually, if killerhellhound ends up not liking it, I'd happily step in as Sean's supersoldier. Otherwise, Put me in as a potential supersoldier))

Welcome. For now you'll be subject to whatever horrors Dr. Ivana Rosecrans aka. penguingofhonor decides to inflict upon you.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2016, 05:35:17 pm »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2016, 08:31:07 pm »

Free spot? Haha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Doktor OCEAN! is now seeking soldier applications! Looking for medical expertise, a calculating mind, and a love for animals.

Action: for the first five days, compete First and Second phases, detailed below.

Spoiler: Question for GM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:05:05 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 75