Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139127 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier!
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2016, 08:48:29 pm »

I volunteer to be a super soldier if there are still spots available. If not, I volunteer to work as a spy for whoever wants one. ((If the GM allows it of course))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:54:08 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2016, 08:51:28 pm »

I volunteer to be a super soldier if there are still spots available. If not, I volunteer to work as a spy for whoever wants one. ((If the GM allows it of course))
You! Yes you! You'll do fine. Come by my lab, we have work to do.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:53:10 pm by Egan_BW »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2016, 08:55:36 pm »

You! Yes you! You'll do fine. Come by my lab, we have work to do.

I look forward to working for you.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2016, 09:01:07 pm »

Go ahead and read my spoiler. Hopefully the tasks I have laid out for you are entertaining.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2016, 09:10:53 pm »

Go help out with brain research by gathering more brains from people, become igore
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2016, 09:11:33 pm »

Go ahead and read my spoiler. Hopefully the tasks I have laid out for you are entertaining.
((This is about to get all the more ironic when you learn that the name of your super soldier is Skeliborn))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2016, 05:08:05 am »

Meshanblov cackles in glee at his obvious genius while dissecting one of the brains. Soon he would be able to transcend the limits of the flesh. And get loads of money.

For some reason thunder crackles in the background as Meshanblov's assigned super-soldier attempts to do an Igor impression.

Continue Artificial Muscles and Cyberbrain research
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:10:06 am by Demonic Spoon »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2016, 05:44:29 am »

Meshanblov cackles in glee at his obvious genius while dissecting one of the brains. Soon he would be able to transcend the limits of the flesh. And get loads of money.

For some reason thunder crackles in the background as Meshanblov's assigned super-soldier attempts to do an Igor impression.

Please build bring the THUNDER switch.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2016, 07:09:57 am »

I pore over my notes for the cancer weapon and copy anything that has significant applications elsewhere. Then I sell the rest to the Company. While that was a fine weapon, I'm not sure it's something I'm willing to risk my personal safety to have around.

With the rest of the time I continue my merging research, attempting to allow one or both subjects to control body parts that were not originally attached to them.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2016, 07:17:57 am »

Please build bring the THUNDER switch.
What self-respecting mad scientist doesn't have one already?!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2016, 11:55:09 am »

Five directions may be... excessive. Focus on the first three - structure, myomers, and wear protection. Ideally that gives us a body to work with, and we can go with other systems from there.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2016, 02:30:19 pm »

Engage the martial arts study. Do sparring matches. Observe what two soldiers who are conditioned to be perfectly cooperative do when they spar.

Then engage the groups in technical studies for the second half of the day. Teach them of technology both existent and not, and how to deconstruct and assess weaknesses in either when required. Teach one personally from each cooperative, and let them disseminate knowledge to their peers.

Continue fine-tuning the drugs as well if possible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2016, 05:12:57 pm »

Day 5

Starting with the cell fabricator you spend time writing program for managing cell construction and designing electonic circuits for the device. You are particularly proud about the program. Feels like another of your masterworks. What's left is printing the circuit boards, producing other fine mechanical parts, and putting together 3d cell printer and you can begin printing muscles.

As you go through your notes about mapping brain, you spot some inconsistencies. After careful and long evaluation you come in conclusion that your notes were sabotaged! There's no way you would have made such mistakes, and if you were to go in production with these notes it would have resulted braindead copies. And that's why you don't make much progress today.

Free spot? Haha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Doktor OCEAN! is now seeking soldier applications! Looking for medical expertise, a calculating mind, and a love for animals.

Action: for the first five days, compete First and Second phases, detailed below.

Spoiler: Question for GM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Progress and answer (click to show/hide)

Engage the martial arts study. Do sparring matches. Observe what two soldiers who are conditioned to be perfectly cooperative do when they spar.

Then engage the groups in technical studies for the second half of the day. Teach them of technology both existent and not, and how to deconstruct and assess weaknesses in either when required. Teach one personally from each cooperative, and let them disseminate knowledge to their peers.

Continue fine-tuning the drugs as well if possible.

Sparring matches, after teaching them basics, are something interesting to watch. They pull their punches to avoid hurting each other, and pace their sparring to not tire themselves out too much. They also experiment, thinking up new techniques and counter measures, effectively slowly inventing new martial arts style.

Teaching technologies goes about as well as one can expect. Their learning ability has not been improved yet, so it is slow progress. And near end of day half of the group reports that other half seems more lethargic than they should. Well, it's a late and labour intensive day so it is not unexpected, but you decide to trust instincts of people who have great loyalty and empathy for each other. You personally cannot tell difference about claimed lethargy levels, but after asking names and consulting records you find out that the lethargic people are the ones who were subjected to improved coordination and reaction time treatments.

Quote from: HugeNerdAndProudOfIt
RESEARCH
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NAV
RESEARCH
Spoiler: Progress (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

I pore over my notes for the cancer weapon and copy anything that has significant applications elsewhere. Then I sell the rest to the Company. While that was a fine weapon, I'm not sure it's something I'm willing to risk my personal safety to have around.

With the rest of the time I continue my merging research, attempting to allow one or both subjects to control body parts that were not originally attached to them.
Everything has significant applications somewhere. Besides it's not like they can take your memories away. Replicating technologies you have already invented is a nobrainer for you.

Foreign tissue acceptance is finished, and you prove it by attaching a chimpanzee tail on your test subject. As a proof of concept it works fine, but naturally the test subject can't actually use it because she lacks required nerve connections. But the tail won't die or cause any health problems for her. Making one person move limbs of another requires some creative messing with nerve system. Theoretically you could already replace subject's limbs with ones from animals or other people and have them control them like their own, but that needs to be proved with an experiment. Of course you could go with what you already have, but having a proper proof helps confidence.

Five directions may be... excessive. Focus on the first three - structure, myomers, and wear protection. Ideally that gives us a body to work with, and we can go with other systems from there.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

Indeed, three is probably maximum I can recommend.

Spoiler: Progress (click to show/hide)

Welcome. It appears you have already found your personal crazy person. I think every scientist now have their own soldier to play with.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2016, 05:18:38 pm »

Continue working upon improved learning. Being intelligent is a gift that keeps on giving!

And study this lethargy business. Is it an inhibition issue? Those GABA-ergic neurons are such a bugger sometimes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2016, 05:42:11 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75