Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139585 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! "Nah, too easy. I'll make a god instead."
« Reply #675 on: October 01, 2016, 05:05:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 01, 2016, 05:47:46 pm »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 01, 2016, 05:54:57 pm »

I'll leave it to Xantalos to figure out who gets what.
OH god the responsibility.

Uh... I have 12 guys including myself, right?
6 guys are stealth recon bodies. They get camo gear, combat armor that doesn't impede quick movement, the blowdarts, binoculars, knives, grenades of both kinds, the remote cameras ... could I include silenced pistols as well? If that's alright. These guys will be my 'on the ground' intel as well as spot teleportation team.
3 guys combat armor, camo gear, drones, mines, blowdarts, remote cameras, again silenced pistols if that's alright. These guys will lay traps and shit, assassinate via teleport, etc.
3 dudes camo gear, telescopes, sniper rifles, mines. Stay long-range, annoyingly accurate snipings.

Am I reading that I have telepathy among my group in a 300 meter range? That's awesome. It basically makes me the perfect commando team.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 01, 2016, 05:55:15 pm »

I'm not sure how trustworthy soldier he is considering he doesn't have problem killing other Company employees despite being forbidden from doing so.
One, I didn't actually kill anyone as far as I am aware. I attempted arson which may have led to someone dying, but I didn't actually try to kill anyone.
Two, You do realise that a disillusioned soldier who was hired to be a guinea pig is not exactly going to be happy with pretty much Anyone involved, right? On top of that, it's his JOB to kill people.Spesiffically, he's a raider as opposed to a guardian. He is the guy pushing the front line against whoever he sees as the enemy. and Mr CEO of Evil-corp trying to produce super soldiers is going to go unnoticed? aw hell naw.

At the least he saw the scientist in charge of him as partially redeemable for reducing their killcount on the test subjects.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 01, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »

I'm not sure how trustworthy soldier he is considering he doesn't have problem killing other Company employees despite being forbidden from doing so.
One, I didn't actually kill anyone as far as I am aware. I attempted arson which may have led to someone dying, but I didn't actually try to kill anyone.
Two, You do realise that a disillusioned soldier who was hired to be a guinea pig is not exactly going to be happy with pretty much Anyone involved, right? On top of that, it's his JOB to kill people.Spesiffically, he's a raider as opposed to a guardian. He is the guy pushing the front line against whoever he sees as the enemy. and Mr CEO of Evil-corp trying to produce super soldiers is going to go unnoticed? aw hell naw.

At the least he saw the scientist in charge of him as partially redeemable for reducing their killcount on the test subjects.
How much of this does he discuss with the scientist?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 02, 2016, 01:24:32 am »

Ah, I missed keyword "both". So anti-materiel rifle, machine gun, small missiles and mortar. I take small missiles are along Pike, because it's much easier to carry many of those than larger meter long missiles. With conventional weapons the biggest limitation is number of munitions soldier or drones can realistically carry with them.

Are those built in arms/legs or carried normally?
Built-in. Spazyak can choose some normal weapons to carry if he likes. Though you should probably work with him on this in any case, as he seems more interested in the actual weapon load-outs than me. I'm willing to alter designs based on super-soldier input.

We are experiencing traditional miscommunication issues here.

I mentioned it as design possibility, where you could make the exoskeleton in a way that permits very easy change of parts, like legos are shaped so they connect each other easily. Which you did. But actual variable parts were never promised. Nor designed.
That would have been nice to know earlier so I could fix it, because I honestly thought Modular Design already included stuff for different environments. Why did you just add Modular Design to the queue, and not the environment stuff as well?

Link that reference for me, please. Cameras on visual range are given. Any reliable sound detection is harder because rotors make more noise up close than anything below, likewise wind can be loud. Especially if it's raining. Scent is useless up in air like is ground vibrations and detecion of air-currents. At least I don't think soldier can make use of air-currents detection from drones. And drone rotors are messing that up anyway. Active radar would have to be underside of drone to be useful, but that's where weapon/utility slot is. Could be partially useful. Lidar has same issue. Sonar too.
The super-senses reference wasn't as definite as I remembered.

Well they have to have some form of sensory capability while invisible? Plus, going back and looking at the researches, part of projected uses of the drones were target painting for the super-soldier.

Did it occur to you wonder what kind of roll spawned them? Spazy seem to get it.
Gimme gunships or gimme death.  :P More seriously, I'm glad I don't actually have anything riding on this competition besides personal pride and bragging rights, because my super-soldier and his drones are suckier than I thought.

Hmm, if it is only few, couple, handful of boosted quadcopter drones then maybe... Magic or mechanical science?
What the difference really? Difficult for me decide without being fully cognizant of the pros and cons.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:52:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 02, 2016, 01:35:01 am »

We'll deal that as soon as we can get this confirmation round mess over.

That's okay.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Can I have the A-10 warthog, aka the BRRRRRRRRTTTTT gun, made so its simething I can carry normaly? Linkless Belt fed from a large magazine, think backpack full of 500 mm caliber shells , something to fire on a particularly tough target. Preferably the depleted uranium core shells.
The GAU-8 Avenger is the size of a small car, and produces five tons of thrust via recoil. Even if you can carry it, and enough ammo to fire it for more than a few seconds, you're going to need to dig yourself into the ground like an artillery piece in order to stay standing while firing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 02, 2016, 01:42:31 am »

So this guy is allowed to burn down people's labs, and I'm not allowed to go around assassinating scientists so that my team will win by default, introducing murder-mystery elements into the game (this was rejected in pms by Ao)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 02, 2016, 02:07:48 am »

So this guy is allowed to burn down people's labs, and I'm not allowed to go around assassinating scientists so that my team will win by default, introducing murder-mystery elements into the game (this was rejected in pms by Ao)?
He was only targeting the research facility. It would have been a setback, not outright removal of the opposition, even if he succeeded.

Also Aoshima stated in the OP that discussion via PMs is not a thing that you should do. Want to assassinate people, do it like everybody else.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 02, 2016, 02:33:09 am »

God damn, if I win this it's going to be cheesy as fuck, just making all your 36 combat bodies commit suicide because you didn't put a freakin faraday cage around your skull.
Good luck to all the contestants, but mostly starwars. :P

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 02, 2016, 03:10:30 am »

He was only targeting the research facility. It would have been a setback, not outright removal of the opposition, even if he succeeded.

Also Aoshima stated in the OP that discussion via PMs is not a thing that you should do. Want to assassinate people, do it like everybody else.
Oh. I hadn't read the OP in a while, so I forgot. Sorry.

@Egan: Thanks for telling us what to do to counter whatever weapon that doesn't work beyond a faraday cage you have. :P

I suspect that'd be metagaming, though, so I'll just ignore that.

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 02, 2016, 03:13:05 am »

Also there's no more time for research, so good luck countering it at this stage~

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 02, 2016, 03:39:21 am »

I've got quite the layered mix of tech, so I suppose it's up to Aoshima to say whether it all combines to act as a faraday cage or not.

Also I've no idea what you're talking about and whether it even concerns my guys, so there's that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 02, 2016, 06:03:58 am »

Alright. Spaz handles weapon placements.

Modular Design was added because it gives the option to branch out. Making use of it is different matter. Well, no point crying over spilled coffee. He's fast, he's invisible, and he got a BFG plus eyes on the sky.

Best sensory capacity invisible drones would have is sonar and magnetoreception, because invisiblity disables all photon based detection systems which is all forms of electromagnetic radiation. Just have them fly high.

Magic requires a very small structure attached to drones to negate effects of mass. Science requires bigger engines and fuel tanks to produce required lift. Makes it also bigger target.

I'll say no for GAU-8 Avenger because you already have someting far better. It is called a particle cannon, and its ammo is much lighter. Point it at target, pull the trigger and watch as sonic boom ruptures eardrums of everybody around and instantaneously expanding plasma from armor explodes in a massibe fireball causing more collateral damage.

Those other childrens' guns are merely an intimidation factor when facing people. Spread your arms wide, open all compartments and guns sprout out of every limb. All those various rifles are cute, but really, if you want to make something dead, just point your BFG at it.

I'm gonna store all that ammo for assault rifles into your legs because you are running out of sensible space to hold them. Kinda robocop effect, but instead of pistol out comes a magazine. Weight is not a problem, but where you keep them all. The rate you are adding guns means you soon have to pull a wagon behind you loaded to brim with ammo boxes and more guns.

I'm gonna say those grenade launchers that have been moved on shoulders can fire all those various grenades and mini missiles for sake of simplicity.

Is this it then?

Spoiler: Current loadout (click to show/hide)

I think "Lightweight Monster Maker" refers to the mortar and its payload. Also... did I complete that? It was still in progress on my last turn. If it's roughly combat ready, I'll send it out with him, even if there's a kink or two I haven't worked out.

Also renegadelobster should have two pistols (one within reach of each set of arms). Your list doesn't have quantity, so I'm making sure. The loadout looks fine to me otherwise.

Doctor Ozarck here wants to invite everyone along for the Grand Tour of Reality. He pops up in everyone's personal room and gives you option to ascend beyond humanity, immortality via nanomahchines, super powers from god and membership in swarm soul communications network. The man is either very selfless or plans to integrate your individuality into the collective by force.

You think I need help ascending beyond humanity? You insult me.

Yep, Lightweight Monster Maker is the mortar plus payload. It can fire regular mortar rounds too. You didn't fully complete it, the pheromone controlling part didn't make it, but otherwise it's good to go.

.50 cal conversion of Glock 21 is the pistol. Thanks for reminding about quantity.

Looks good to me. Only thing I see missing is a lightweight handheld mortar for longer range/harder targets. And as a way to launch the monster maker farther. Unless penguin wasn't able to get the mortar.

The launcher and payload were both listed as lightweight mm. I'll separate them for sake of readibility.

Spoiler: Final? (click to show/hide)

He did it during development phase as part of tech thievery so I let it slide. You wanted to do it during testing.

Guinea pig? You are a volunteer. I have whole time referred supersoldier candidates as volunteers.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Killerhellhound, any questions?

I'll leave it to Xantalos to figure out who gets what.
OH god the responsibility.

Uh... I have 12 guys including myself, right?
6 guys are stealth recon bodies. They get camo gear, combat armor that doesn't impede quick movement, the blowdarts, binoculars, knives, grenades of both kinds, the remote cameras ... could I include silenced pistols as well? If that's alright. These guys will be my 'on the ground' intel as well as spot teleportation team.
3 guys combat armor, camo gear, drones, mines, blowdarts, remote cameras, again silenced pistols if that's alright. These guys will lay traps and shit, assassinate via teleport, etc.
3 dudes camo gear, telescopes, sniper rifles, mines. Stay long-range, annoyingly accurate snipings.

Am I reading that I have telepathy among my group in a 300 meter range? That's awesome. It basically makes me the perfect commando team.

12 excluding yourself. I suppose you want to be in sniper team. What about your stoned self? He's coming along, right?
Yeah, 300 meter range. Plus chaining.

And I forgot that the moment PMs started flying... Damn my poor memory.

God damn, if I win this it's going to be cheesy as fuck, just making all your 36 combat bodies commit suicide because you didn't put a freakin faraday cage around your skull.
Good luck to all the contestants, but mostly starwars. :P

Actually faraday cage doesn't protect from frequencies your thing is using.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 02, 2016, 06:14:22 am »

Magic requires a very small structure attached to drones to negate effects of mass. Science requires bigger engines and fuel tanks to produce required lift. Makes it also bigger target.
Magic seems objectively better. I don't really mind that it'll probably advance the company's space program by a century or so.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75