Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 138981 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Crimes against everything
« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2016, 05:06:44 pm »

Well, while I'm in transit and settling in, spend all of my time focusing on analyzing the Glory Device.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2016, 11:27:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2016, 02:09:58 am »

The flawed bodies and brains we humans have gained through billions of years of painstaking evolutionary trial and error, are ultimately merely the starting step. Like a supporting pillar for our eventual greatness that inevitably becomes a restricting chain, that must be cast off so that we can achieve our true potential.

We must go beyond and gain superior, continuously upgrade-able forms.

-Meshanblov on Posthumanism

Continue working on Quantum Brains and Nuclear Reactor

((Could I combine myomers with my artificial muscles?))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:20:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2016, 02:25:14 am »

((Why don't you just ask it as a research action?

Also, that's two thefts and now an attempted sabotage. Am I the most popular guy in this town or something?))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:30:24 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2016, 04:16:50 am »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2016, 07:59:17 am »

Umm...hopefully don't die from super cancer. I'd like to live, long enough to die in glorious abomination combat, please.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:42:10 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2016, 09:16:40 am »

Contemplate the importance of socks.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2016, 11:36:11 am »

Spoiler: The Big Moment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:39:34 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2016, 01:24:25 pm »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2016, 03:20:58 pm »

29 days until deadline

The flawed bodies and brains we humans have gained through billions of years of painstaking evolutionary trial and error, are ultimately merely the starting step. Like a supporting pillar for our eventual greatness that inevitably becomes a restricting chain, that must be cast off so that we can achieve our true potential.

We must go beyond and gain superior, continuously upgrade-able forms.

-Meshanblov on Posthumanism

Continue working on Quantum Brains and Nuclear Reactor

((Like Sean pointed, that's something you need to find out in character.))

You work carefully to make improved tools and new type of soldering oven so you can build those extremely dedicate processing units. Since you are basically working on nano scale, the process is slow but should accelerate when you get to point of playing the greatest jigsaw puzzle ever.

Neutrons are best captured with light atoms, so high density hydrogen would be optimal solution. However hydrogen is rather volatile material, and that's why it must be combined with another light materials. The new compound is liquid in temperatures it will be while serving as neutron shield. Building proper containers and production of required volumes should take couple of days.

Well, while I'm in transit and settling in, spend all of my time focusing on analyzing the Glory Device.

Breaking the code is fun process. From what you learn it basically have two effects. Indiscriminate one way connection to other brains, something you refuse to call telepathy. It also has some underlaying function whose purpose is not clear. Second effect is related to dealing with matter somehow. Clearly the part responsible damaging your lab.

Your new lab is pretty much like the old one. Different layout, but otherwise same. Employees are fast in unpacking all the important stuff that will permit you continue your work.

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Big Letdown (click to show/hide)

Gah. I hate wasting time fixing my own fuckups.

I dedicate as much of the day as necessary to creating the counter-virus to prevent this from happening. If I complete it I give it to the Agent for this mysterious individual. If I have more time left today, I see what I can do for renegadelobster.

Gorillaman dies. Complete organ failure due cancer.

You finish the counter virus in record time, manufacture pair of a doses and send them to your agent with notes and formal apology. Now your soldier. Your counter virus won't help him. Panacea already got rid of the original virus and damage is done. What is needed is damage control. First thing is to halt progress of cancer in his brain. If you manage that then it doesn't matter if you can't save rest of his body; you can implant his brain into another body. Alright, you still have time. You can do this!

And you do it! After long hours you finally have a virus especially designated to repair damaged division control on cells. It hijacks cancer cell division mechanism for duplicating itself limited number of times, repairs division control and then self destructs. This means some cells will die because they cannot do cell division, but also means patient is left with already formed cancerous growths. But it gives you more time. More time to operate your patient. First injection goes into renegadelobster's brain directly. That's most important. Second near his heart. Third in his guts. With this primary organs should be salvageable. Limbs can be always replaced.

Last injections are given to your siamese triplets, whose symptoms have just surfaced. You can use them as practice subject later.

Contemplate the importance of socks.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

Temperature detected by feets affects how rest of the body feels ambient temperture. Warm feets make you feel warmer than cold feets. Feeling warmer means body won't rely on shivers for warming muscles, which is energy efficient. To summarize it; socks are for energy effiency.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 01, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »

Hm. See what happens if I downscale the design of Terrible Glory and put it into a mouse's brain. The safety measures used to test this will be essentially to put the mice into a microwave, with the option to turn it on remotely (by myself from a very respectable distance, naturally) whenever serious fuckery starts happening.

In the meantime, make some new hivemind people if I lost the previous batch and let them sit while the module grows into their brains.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 04:00:36 pm by Harry Baldman »

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 01, 2016, 03:43:39 pm »

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 01, 2016, 04:49:59 pm »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2016, 09:49:01 pm »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 75