Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85416 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Post-Mission 1]
« Reply #1545 on: October 07, 2016, 12:51:13 pm »

((Hold on, where is everybody? I know that my characters, Erland, Kelly and Samson are in the Library, but I've gotten a bit turned around))

"It's nice to meet you, Jesus. That all sounds very interesting, though I am curious about this Emporer?"

Starlight then jumps in, still back in her usual mainframe, "This place is insane. Um, it's nice to meet you...but other then the cousin of this somepony, what is it that you do?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 07, 2016, 01:01:13 pm »

((I know Judge(?), Cadence, and Anna are all in the Training zone. Nixil might be there too, somewhere?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 07, 2016, 01:03:17 pm »

Jesus chuckles at Kelly before stopping suddenly.
"No."
He turns to Twilight with a smile.
"I don't remember much, but he was a human looking thing like me and Samson. Wore gold armor too, had a flaming sword. Pretty cool guy really."
He awkwardly turns to Starlight.
"Uh, Same as Samson mostly. I livestream tournaments I participate in."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 07, 2016, 02:41:38 pm »

((Vi is in the library giving exactly no fucks about the sudden appearance of Jesus. She's busy reading.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 07, 2016, 02:42:35 pm »

Kelly kinda....shuffles uncomfortablely looking saddened.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 07, 2016, 03:43:48 pm »

Kelley, in her search for relevant literature, finds a chemical guidebook on the creation and negation of toxic gases.

"I am not human, but the body I am attached to is, and I keep them alive according to my directive. He does not like it here because of some sort of smell.
What happened to the people, and what do the synchs do?"

"The Synchs serve The Master. The Synchs do the will of the Master and help run the Master's Federation. We clean the streets and keep the lights on. We process the metal and ship it to space and return with supplies for the Master. The Master does not like people but he is not lonely."

<Damn.  Glad that was only a sim.>

Seeing Anna and Cadence enter the Training room, he bows his head in recognition. 

Nixil then re-entered the training simulator, this time selecting a melee scenario, vs an Andalite warrior. 

Nixil now finds himself in a new location, one where he is standing in a field of grass next to a shimmering lake under a glorious purple sky sprinkled with stars and planets. It's the landscape that you'd find on a poster in a hippy cafe or a stoner's apartment. Opposite Nixil, another Andalite trots through the grass and stops about ten yards away from him. He respectfully bows before beginning to encircle Nixil, his tail-blade waving hypnotically as he utilizes the most fundamental tactic in Andalite melee combat.

"Yeah."

Anna does so.

At some point in the midst of the squabble/meet-up going on in the Training Facility, Anna finds a switch on the back of one of the pale, humanoid dummies. At first nothing happens, though it suddenly interrupts the ongoing conversation by springing to life. "WHO IS READY TO FIGHT?" It exclaims in a robotic voice without moving any of its facial muscles, throwing punch combinations and spinning kicks in the air like a drunk frat boy.

Vi continues reading. Skimming for passages of interest.

Many of the pages of the compendium contain terms and formulas that are meaningless without background and context in the field. One passage written in vernacular speech does catch her eye:

The point where a phenomena can be undoubtedly characterized as a Miasmatic Anomaly is the presence of Memetic Erasure. Once memetically erased, matter can not be restored by physical, chemical, atomic, magical or even divine means. This is where the title of Erasure originates, as "Damaged" or "Destroyed" implies a shifting of material (or immaterial) state, rather, the material ceases to be. It is theorized that Memetic Erasure occurs on the conceptual level, not only eliminating the matter but additionally any schema it has produced.

There have been numerous cases of sentient lifeforms utilizing and weaponizing Memetic Erasure for their own usage, though whether this is of their own free will or the product of an Anomaly is unknown. Because of its volatile and extremely potent nature, the usage of Weaponized Memetic Erasure is universally forbidden. All data on the subject has been recorded via observation and records....   

Erlend goes into the library and looks for books on the various weird ass vehicles he may encounter in the great unknown.

The section on vehicular subjects is massive, as it seems everything else is. Topics range from the simple and mundane, cars, planes, standard spaceships and whatnot, to battle vehicles, star destroyers and "living" vehicles.

Mega heads on down to the Conflict Zone.
Ramona follows Mega, despite her lack of money.

Mega and Ramona (as well as anyone else who attached themselves to this grouping) teleport down to Conflict Zone 87. They appear in a Teleportation Station not in the middle of a forsaken battlefield, but a rather nice facility with tiled floors and fancy lighting fixtures, it appears to be busy as well. There's a number of restaurants, restrooms, and pamphlet distribution structures in the area, making it feel like a rest stop. Immediately upon exiting the building, it becomes clear that the Teleportation Station has been built atop a tall plateau, while far below firey explosions burst like a lightshow while crowds of running people appear like scurrying ants. A woman in a blouse speaks to a group of tackily dressed folk while gesturing below who gawk at the sight and take pictures. "Conflict Zone 87 is in a perpetual state. You might ask why they don't eventually run out of people or supplies, and to answer that, the Higher Council regularly steps in to enforce ceasefires that allow the people of 87 to repopulate and reorganize. These are the periods of lowered tourism of course." The crowd laughs flatly.

Ulibossk hands the native $200, before heading into the cavern with his thrall.
"I give you more big cash when I come out."

The native does a jig and takes the Zielons like a toddler receiving candy. "Dun get eated!" He calls after Ulibossk as the mindflayer and his thrall enter the dark cave. The water continues to rise until it nibbles at the their waistlines. As they move further inside, the enveloping darkness is punctured by a single light source. Ulibossk identifies the light as emanating from a female human being sitting on a rock that rises above the water, curling golden hair splayed over her naked body like a shielding barrier. When she spots Ulibossk she giggles and kicks a pale foot against the water, creating a small splash.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:57:28 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 07, 2016, 04:05:31 pm »

<Let us begin.>

Cautiously move towards my opponent, feinting with my tail towards the sim-Andalite, gauging its reactions and looking for openings before striking.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 07, 2016, 04:11:20 pm »

Mm.. Sounds like schools dealing in Voidic. They don't do conceptual deletion to my knowledge however. Just leaves a person shaped hole in experiences normally. Something that you know was there but no longer Is.

Keep reading. This topic is of interest.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 07, 2016, 04:14:14 pm »

Cadence is spooked by the dummy coming to life, but springs into action.

She lunges, aiming for a strike through the head with her rapier.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 07, 2016, 04:23:16 pm »

"If you'd like, of course."
"I do not care either way, so we might as well."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 07, 2016, 04:26:02 pm »

Mega mutters to those with her.
"So it really is some sort of... zoo country. Ugh. I wonder why they don't just turn around and attack the countries behind the mountains that keep them like this."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 07, 2016, 04:45:52 pm »

"You dare think you can fool Ulibossk, the master mindflayer?!!"
Ulibossk orders the thrall to fire at the lady's chest, and casts mind flay on her.
((90% sure its an illusion. *fingers crossed*))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 07, 2016, 04:49:34 pm »

Starlight stares at Jesus like he's sprouted 2 more heads, become a giant dog, and started guarding Tartarus before saying, "...what?", with an expression of being purely lost upon her face. Twilight then says, "Human terms, I think. I don't know what he means by tournament, at least in terms of specifics, but livestreaming is when they, um...I don't know how to explain it exactly. The Canterlot High version of Rainbow Dash showed me one, but I can't put what it was in words. Jesus, can you, perhaps, explain in greater detail?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 07, 2016, 05:29:13 pm »

The cat stares at Cadence as she trains, amused. "A fencer, are we? A better sport than baseball, at least."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:08:47 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 07, 2016, 05:31:50 pm »

"Basically, and this really only applies in some places, but basically we take our eyes out and replace them with cybernetic ones... uh, magic ones basically, anyways, they take what we're seeing and send that data to a website that hosts the data as it comes in so other people can watch it. I'm sure Samson can show it too you. Gotta go, nice to meet you all."
As before a hell portal opens, the damned scream, that good stuff. Jesus steps through and they're left in silence with Samson sitting on the floor counting out metal plates... or something. Maybe inspecting them? Whatever he's doing they suitcase is gone and there's now metal plates, circuitry, and a humanoid metal frame on the floor around Samson.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 123