Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70005 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #525 on: October 17, 2016, 10:19:47 am »

Somebody hurt themselves already so I can feel useful, dammit

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 17, 2016, 04:18:39 pm »

Well, I haven't given up on my attack and I'll still try to spontaneous drown the machine, giving it my best.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 18, 2016, 03:47:59 pm »

no posts today. sorry for the delay.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 19, 2016, 10:17:19 am »

action edited to add a in case of no retcon action.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 19, 2016, 05:56:01 pm »

*sigh*, those kind of routine identifying questions are exactly what I had prepared for.

Aylia went to the machinists on her own to try to find and stop the source of the problem - entirely true, in fact she was disregarding orders when she did so, her orders at the time were to capture a machine, she did something completely different on her own initiative.

Aylia is aligned with -insert Omega's nation name here- and the Queen, she supposes - which, again, is completely true, being a member of Omega. however she would say it with some uncertainty, implying that she is less strongly aligned than she actually is. probably just a citizen.

logical follow-up question: why go on her own
Aylia went on her own because she wanted the attacks to end, and figured if nobody went to the source of the problem then the problem wouldn't get solved. - full and complete truth, no evasion in any way necessary.

retcon?

((seriously, I (Lenglon) actually have a good deal of practice using literal truths to deceive. It was a kind of game when I was growing up.))
In case of no retcon: Omega is attempting to maintain peace in the region, and both wants to make sure the machine attacks end and that fighting doesnt break out between the machinists and others in the region, including him. If he inquires further, I'll direct him up my chain of command.
So, your retcon wants to avoid identifying Omega Legion specifically, substituting the Queen and the Realm instead. Again, sorry for not pm'ing a convo to clarify that business. I have no issue with the retcon.  The baron, upon hearing that you are under the Queen, becomes more interested, both in you as agent (I know, you are trying to give the impression that you are a random citizen. I mean agent as in person doing the acting), and in your actions and news regarding the mechanists. With the Eye there, floating ominously, the baron considers you to have some connection with the mechanists, or that you are definitely more than a simple civilian. He seems to give some value to your words about wanting hte attacks to end, and going to the source, muttering an odd sort of phrase that you are unfamiliar with. it sounded like agreement though. He does ask for some token of identity or authority - more than simply a verbal claim. You consider this. What do you have that could demonstrate your allegiance to Her Majesty? You look to the Eye thoughtfully.

Welp time to just go ahead with the plan. Let's throw rocks at it
you chuck a few rocks at the thing, making loud clanging sounds as the rocks bounce off it's metal shell. it begins to turn your way ominously - the fire arm flaring dramatically, light glinting off brass, steel and glass.

three of the soldiers with you stand their ground in the line, ready for the attack. One fool rushes forward, hammering on the machine with the hilt of his sword. He manages to bend one of the grasping arms to an awkward angle.

The other six 'soldiers' turn and run, one of them dropping his weapons as he goes. Useless cowards.

Somebody hurt themselves already so I can feel useful, dammit
Well, one of the soldiers runs forward and batters the machine with his sword, damaging one of the thing's mechanical arms. the arm in question begins moving in sweeping, flopping motions, and the guy fails a dodge roll, getting a good solid whack upside the head for his trouble. he goes down to a knee. He is kinda directly in the path of the turning machine too. Once it finishes it's rotation, he could get trodden on if he can't get out of the way. You cast your sense magic at him, to attempt to help, but his mind is in shock from the hit, so the spell fails to find purchase.

Well, I haven't given up on my attack and I'll still try to spontaneous drown the machine, giving it my best.
a port on the side of the machine opens, and a wave of your water drains out. How frustrating.

Dar'yajira respectfully bows his head while staring at the runes.  He focuses on that strange sensation at the edge of his mind, as well as the memory of his Master--especially their scent and appearance.  Quietly, he says "Where is this one's Master?"
The presence reaches into Dar's memories of his Master - images flickering madly through Dar's mind, bringing a wave of nostalgia and longing with it. hte presence offers a glimpse of something vast, far beyond Dar's ability to comprehend - a plan, or a rhythm, or a flow i, in which many, many threads or pieces or streams mingle and mix, bringing about something ... something beyond description. Something wonderful. And there, clear as glass, bright as Day, is Dar's thread, and his Master's, each wonderful in their own right, complex and simple, and far more than first sniffs would show.

The map flickers. the 'durnvale' teat the priest referred to as Burning Vale glows bright red, and numerous other spots, smaller pinpricks to the Burning Vale's glowing dot, glow red as well, spreading out from the Vale, reaching as far as the coast where you guys landed from the island. And then the map blinks out, the gem filling with a soft red glow, and tugging at dar's mind, pulling him outside, gently, with no force, but with a clarity of purpose. Dar and the priests walk outside and hte gem lifts to point toward the west. "Back the way you came?" The younger priest asks ... but the gem rises above the treeline and point's to the sky. there, several paws above the horizon, sits one of the moons of this world. "Partha?" The priest asks, eyes wide. the gem dulls and settles again to Dar's chest.

Noir...goes silent looking like she's remembering something before she opens her mouth.
"Mother wore white robes with black lines on the sides she had a small gem on the neck part of it....It was a kinda faintly glowing yellow and blue swirling color....her hair is relatively like mine but it's cut shorter.....she never mentioned much about her religion I don't think dad wanted her to.I also inherited my holy powers from mom if that helps."
"Hmm. that seems to narrow it down to either the Dionic pantheon, the Vellan faith, or one of the cults of Sanvanndessa, then. Those are the most populous faiths in which a healing magic is typical of a priestess. the blue and yellow robe suggests the Vellan faith. the Dionic Pantheon is fairly typical, with the gods ranging from powerful and benevolent, to weak and mischievous, to dark and brooding, wicked, kind, or insane. A couple of the Elder gods and goddesses might grant that kind of magic, but it seems unlikely that the priestess would retain that strength, wee she to wed some backwoods devil serpent. The cults ... they aren't typically powerful enough to produce what you describe of concerning your mother. the Vallan faith ... It's a pretty mystical faith, and has a strong tradition of service to the people, self sacrifice, and healing. that's probably your best bet as to which faith is hers."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 19, 2016, 06:08:13 pm »

The Eye wasn't supposed to be in visible range...But okay?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 19, 2016, 06:27:28 pm »

Move to the side of the robot and throw stones at it. Try to distract it to keep the one soldier from getting killed. order the soldiers to either target the lag joints or the flamer.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:56:49 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 19, 2016, 06:55:40 pm »

yeah, if i remember right the eye's action to reveal himself was in the case of Aylia being threatened. she hasn't been threatened. so, um, again, retcon?

in the case of no retcon:"Um, I don't really have, oh! I know!"
I reach up to my neck and unclasp my collar.
"It's not much, but it has my name on it at least."
I hold my collar out to him for him to see.
reminder of what's on the collar: it has her name and home address etched into it, and her commstone is set on it, though it's currently set to silent and I (Lenglon) am unaware of any distinctive markings on it that would reveal its true nature. I've been treating it as something that wouldn't give her away, but if I'm mistaken I'd like to know.
"I'd like to keep it though please, in case I get hurt so someone can tell my mom what happened. I travel a lot, mostly just seeing new places but I try to make things better where I can." ((-again, this is actually true. the vast majority of her actions have been to simply gather information, and she's only ever acted to try to help, protect, etc. and Omega sure is making her travel all over.))
and whenever he finally gets around to asking about the Eye: "Oh that? That's the Eye. He's some kinda flying scout bot thing. He's been following me around for a bit now, occasionally tells me stuff I need to know. not sure why he's following me, but I appreciate the help. the little stone on my collar is linked to him, he talks to me through it." ((again, each statement is true, though she's cutting it close when she says she doesn't know why he's following her. she does not actually know why the Eye is tasked to supporting her instead of finding rampaging bots, which is what she would have tasked it to doing if she were in charge. but she's not, so inefficient utilization of resources isn't actually her problem. if the team leader wants the Eye to support her, she isn't going to stop it.))

((I would actually prefer to avoid drawing attention to the collar and commstone, but with the Eye exposed she has to act to compensate.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:33:51 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 20, 2016, 08:37:52 am »

Discourage desertion with some pain spikes to the cowards' legs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 20, 2016, 10:47:45 am »

Noir...blinks and quietly nods before their eyes close and she breathes before talking.
"....Vallen.... I intresting uh... would I be able to go somewhere and meet followers of Well....Uh Vallen? They might be able to help me with my holy powers and stuff."
Say the above
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:37:28 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 20, 2016, 07:03:55 pm »

The Eye wasn't supposed to be in visible range...But okay?
yeah, if i remember right the eye's action to reveal himself was in the case of Aylia being threatened. she hasn't been threatened. so, um, again, retcon?

in the case of no retcon:"Um, I don't really have, oh! I know!"
I reach up to my neck and unclasp my collar.
"It's not much, but it has my name on it at least."
I hold my collar out to him for him to see.
reminder of what's on the collar: it has her name and home address etched into it, and her commstone is set on it, though it's currently set to silent and I (Lenglon) am unaware of any distinctive markings on it that would reveal its true nature. I've been treating it as something that wouldn't give her away, but if I'm mistaken I'd like to know.
"I'd like to keep it though please, in case I get hurt so someone can tell my mom what happened. I travel a lot, mostly just seeing new places but I try to make things better where I can." ((-again, this is actually true. the vast majority of her actions have been to simply gather information, and she's only ever acted to try to help, protect, etc. and Omega sure is making her travel all over.))
and whenever he finally gets around to asking about the Eye: "Oh that? That's the Eye. He's some kinda flying scout bot thing. He's been following me around for a bit now, occasionally tells me stuff I need to know. not sure why he's following me, but I appreciate the help. the little stone on my collar is linked to him, he talks to me through it." ((again, each statement is true, though she's cutting it close when she says she doesn't know why he's following her. she does not actually know why the Eye is tasked to supporting her instead of finding rampaging bots, which is what she would have tasked it to doing if she were in charge. but she's not, so inefficient utilization of resources isn't actually her problem. if the team leader wants the Eye to support her, she isn't going to stop it.))

((I would actually prefer to avoid drawing attention to the collar and commstone, but with the Eye exposed she has to act to compensate.

Doing some retcon via pm with Lenglon. I'll post if any action is needed from the Eye. it doesn't affect anyone else up to now, so don't worry about it. the gist is: Aylia is being super careful about how she presents herself, and the Eye is hiding, glaring ominously at a tree or something.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 20, 2016, 08:02:30 pm »

I figured hovering really high up and orbiting so people would think it was a bird if they noticed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 20, 2016, 09:09:30 pm »

I figured hovering really high up and orbiting so people would think it was a bird if they noticed.
That's fine. Either way, The eye can see what it needs to see. For now.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 21, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »

Sorry, I totally forgot to update.
I Jump down from the tree, go to the side of the tank-like machine and try to topple it with a stream of water (putrid river).

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 21, 2016, 03:46:14 pm »

Move to the side of the robot and throw stones at it. Try to distract it to keep the one soldier from getting killed. order the soldiers to either target the lag joints or the flamer.
You dash around, chucking rocks. You are rewarded with the sound of glass breaking, and the crank of the robot's mechanisms, rotating it toward yourself instead of toward the other guy. (robot:6-1, spaz: 4+1) (con roll 2) the robot sprays fire in an arc toward you, and you duck and roll. the main stream misses you, but some of the fire drips down on you, and sticks. You hastily begin beating your arm, getting some of the fire on your hand as well. The fire is on your shirt rather than yourself, but it's starting to burn through, and your hand is getting pretty hot. Heh, see below for the resolution to this situation.

Sorry, I totally forgot to update.
I Jump down from the tree, go to the side of the tank-like machine and try to topple it with a stream of water (putrid river).
You do this, and begin barfing putrescence at the machine, water coming out of you in volume and force. The machine begins to drift sideways, rotating slowly as it's treads spin, and Jack is wept off his feet and away, along with the soldier that got ahead of the group. the other three soldiers stand still, wide eyed and out of the way, nervously clutching their weapons. Suddenly, the machine lists to the side, and falls with a crash against a tree, at about a sixty degree angle - that is, more upright than sideways, but with one tread well up in the air, and weight pressing against the tree. Jack and the soldier are being swept away much quicker, being much smaller, and more bouyant.

Noir...blinks and quietly nods before their eyes close and she breathes before talking.
"....Vallen.... I intresting uh... would I be able to go somewhere and meet followers of Well....Uh Vallen? They might be able to help me with my holy powers and stuff."
Say the above
"Vellan. E first, then A. there's probably a temple in Port Heron. there might be a shrine or church in some of the villages round here, too. But those will be less likely to help you with your magic. village priests tend to focus more on the day to day of their followers."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44