Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70102 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #465 on: October 03, 2016, 03:45:59 pm »

All aboard

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 03, 2016, 06:56:48 pm »

I fly away for a moment, make known the baron's timeline via commstone, and then find a new perch to watch from. same observation objectives at this time.
The Eye also scrys in, if possible.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 04, 2016, 05:18:37 pm »

((So how many turns for the robit to reach the drop off point?))
Help move the cart. And offer them my sword, I mean my sword the literal thing.
((Oh, one turn, probably, depending on how everything goes.)) You are giving your sword to the villagers? Okay.

I think Samuel should be tired. So he'll rest on the cart.
Okay.

All aboard
Okay

The three of you get the cart back to the war camp. Dessmo looks ever so slightly impressed. You think. Could be a twitch in his eye, or your imagination. Either way, some of the army guys haul the thing away, and Dessmo passes a few small coins ot the villagers for the use of the cart. They then head back to their village.

"All right you guys - want to go fetch another one? We can send a squad of soldiers along this time. Give them some practice. Where's your sword, Jack?"

Noir....is quiet looking at it her eye's flickering with curiosity and cautiously touches it with her tail and in a curious tone.
"Hello? I'm Noir....who are you? Will you tell me?"Put my tail on the idol attempt to speak with it....maybe someone will speak back.
You rest your tail on the idol and ask your question. You wait. You gain no sense of anything different - no supernatural feeling, no voice, nothing. Well, some gods tend to be a little unresponsive, so that's not unusual.

I fly away for a moment, make known the baron's timeline via commstone, and then find a new perch to watch from. same observation objectives at this time.
okay, [three turns] to go before he heads back. You start to get a feel for the rhythms of the group. It feels awkward, disjointed, perhaps a little stiff. Hard to say why exactly, but the nobles all seem a little uncomfortable with each other. And the servants - well, they pass relatively unnoticed among the group, working in the background and doing what they do. There is a bit more cordiality in those ranks, amonghte various houses, than at the upper level.

The Eye also scrys in, if possible.
You recognize the markings of four separate noble houses - all minor houses, all within this region, but only the Baron has holdings nearby. The others are a week or more distant, as humans typically travel. the odd life form (the one i described a few turns ago) is a little harder to place, but you think it is a local. You do overhear some gossip about the crazy beast speaking in the name of the Queen - this time from some of the servants. Seems like there was a lot of talk about it from the nobles.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 04, 2016, 05:22:59 pm »

"Sword got a bit damaged parrying the thing's blows so I traded it out for the cart. I say let them keep it, a sign of good will and all...besides I got it from a dead man and dead men don't need swords."

Jacks stops to chuckle at his own joke

'Oh the village that we passed by that would have some interest in keeping in contact with the omega legion to drop off bandits that harras them."

((also didn't I grab more then one sword from those corpses I came across at the start...or my start?

edit: found it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so I should have a light sword and have given away the short sword.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:52:50 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 04, 2016, 05:26:17 pm »

Get a view of that odd lifeform.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 04, 2016, 05:51:17 pm »

((ah hell computer messing up, meant to copy and paste what was origionaly here, sorry))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 04, 2016, 06:47:53 pm »

Get a view of that odd lifeform.
there is a tall creature - seven foot or more- that looks something like a narrow flower vase, complete with bouquet at the top. Some of the bouquet bits move about, as of eyes on stalks or the like, and very thin limbs occasionally separate from the body part to manipulate or gesture.
there is also a woman there with fangs. almost forgot about her.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 04, 2016, 07:35:56 pm »

Hmmm, I'm getting somewhere but still have a ways to go. keep observing. same goals. just keep refining my understanding of the social situation.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 04, 2016, 11:08:33 pm »

Missed me.

Dar'yajira would be visibly grumpy.  He feels that the facility is basically evil, even the good bits clearly being a means to an end, though he doesn't feel mechanical stuff is evil in general; it's in how it's used.  The inhabitants here are mostly gnomes, right?  I would also be curious to hear what druidic religious thought is in this setting, yeah.

Anyway, he'll go ahead and begrudgingly do that scouting.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 04, 2016, 11:11:31 pm »

Hmmm, I'm getting somewhere but still have a ways to go. keep observing. same goals. just keep refining my understanding of the social situation.
Pretty much this.  Query the higher-ups about this alleged emissary.
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 05, 2016, 08:50:15 am »

Noir would quietly place a hand on it and try to feel for anything and would look around at it to find which god it worships.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 05, 2016, 05:40:44 pm »

Terrance is happy- or at least willing- to go for another bot.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 06, 2016, 12:20:08 pm »

Okay, I'm also willing to go after another bot but I want to take some soldiers with me.
"Just so ya know Dessmo, I did all the work against the first bot. Might make a good captain."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:33:34 pm by Loki987 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 06, 2016, 05:46:06 pm »

It begins to rain, and everyone heads for cover. the nobles each head to separate tents, and the servants go with there respective masters. Later at night, more than one of the servants moves about between the tents - mostly among the smaller tents designated for the servants. [two turns] before tehy head back to the army camp. some packing up has begun.

Pretty much this.  Query the higher-ups about this alleged emissary.
They seem rather independent form one another to your eye. Each ofthe four houses tends to itself, and at theupper levels, it seems as if meetings are arranged rather than natural. As for the emissary, well, you recall that you spoke the name of the Queen when last you were here, through a commstone attached to a cat which matches the description being given. Dar is an odd kind of emissary, is he not?

Missed me.

Dar'yajira would be visibly grumpy.  He feels that the facility is basically evil, even the good bits clearly being a means to an end, though he doesn't feel mechanical stuff is evil in general; it's in how it's used.  The inhabitants here are mostly gnomes, right?  I would also be curious to hear what druidic religious thought is in this setting, yeah.

Anyway, he'll go ahead and begrudgingly do that scouting.
Oops. Sorry bout that. While scouting, Dar discovers several openings leading underground in varuious places - mostly near the factory. he sees a few strange machines, designed to resemble voles, moles, and gophers, albiet loosely. The machines are coming out of and entering into the holes. Dar can hear them moving about underound. The ones near the factory return with clumps of dirt, or the occasional rock or piece of coal. The ones along the eastern slope of the valley - the direction you guys came in from, that is - go in, but do not come out. A couple of these holes are larger than the ones near the factory.

Spoiler: Druidic thought (click to show/hide)

"Sword got a bit damaged parrying the thing's blows so I traded it out for the cart. I say let them keep it, a sign of good will and all...besides I got it from a dead man and dead men don't need swords."

Jacks stops to chuckle at his own joke

'Oh the village that we passed by that would have some interest in keeping in contact with the omega legion to drop off bandits that harras them."

((also didn't I grab more then one sword from those corpses I came across at the start...or my start?

edit: found it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so I should have a light sword and have given away the short sword.))
okay, so you still have the one-handed sword.

Terrance is happy- or at least willing- to go for another bot.
Okay, I'm also willing to go after another bot but I want to take some soldiers with me.
"Just so ya know Dessmo, I did all the work against the first bot. Might make a good captain."

Alright, the two of you wait around while a squad of abotu ten are gathered, and then set off to hunt another mechanical menace. tThe three spots mentioned before where they might be found were the logging camp, the village that you checked, and the ford, which has harpies.

Noir would quietly place a hand on it and try to feel for anything and would look around at it to find which god it worships.
The stone gives you nothing. Perhaps this god has long since abandoned this area.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 06, 2016, 05:49:15 pm »

noir goes back to tell the locals nothing happened.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44