Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70144 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #480 on: October 06, 2016, 06:01:01 pm »

Go chase after the other two to the logging camp
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:16:51 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 06, 2016, 06:04:52 pm »

((How do druids regard Fey? are they human or natural or other?))
commstone a support request: I'll need a clothing drop somewhere near the army's camp, I intend to contact the Baron there.
observations continue, This time I'm less interested in allies as I am in enemies and rivals.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 06, 2016, 08:52:07 pm »

Dar will report his findings over commstone, and ask if that is all.  If so, he'll just leave without another word and head to the nearest Durnvale.

Once there, he plans to talk to any local cat population about any notable goings-on, especially concerning a druid, and spy on humans to see if they mention anything of the sort.  If I don't post due to forces of nature, consider that my action.

As for druidic thought, all of that is about what I expected, thanks.  Should I talk some about what I've been imagining Dar's master to have been like, as a druid?

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 07, 2016, 02:48:36 pm »

If Terrance wants we'll go to the logging camp.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 07, 2016, 03:28:09 pm »

Sounds good to me.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 08, 2016, 11:50:32 am »

noir goes back to tell the locals nothing happened.
the locals seem thoroughly uninterested in this information. Someone offers you a heel of bread though.

Go chase after the other two to the logging camp

Sounds good to me.
On the way to the logging camp, you pick up a trail of destruction again. It is wider than the one the other bot made, andtaller. It has burn marks and precisely cut branches. A fallen tree was cut in half, though it looks to have taken several blows before it split, and pushed aside roughly, leaving drag marks on the ground. You see tread tracks in the dirt and leaves too. the trail appears to move away from the logging camp though, so you change directions and follow it. Later, you hear some crashing and clanging and a dull, low whistle ahead.

((How do druids regard Fey? are they human or natural or other?))
commstone a support request: I'll need a clothing drop somewhere near the army's camp, I intend to contact the Baron there.
observations continue, This time I'm less interested in allies as I am in enemies and rivals.
The request is acknowledged, and a location set. there will be a bright red flag in a high branch to mark the spot. Your observations suggest tat there is a rivalry between two of the Baron's associates -t he two who live further to the south. seems they have been bickering over river rights for a long time, among other things. The Baron himself steadfastly refuses to engage in those arguments, for or against. You also note that the Baron is rather alone in his insistence on the worth of the peasant. Most of the others view the peasant as furniture or scenery - just part of the background of life, almost below notice. Curiously, the fanged woman has yielded a point or two to the Baron in those discussions, and has been asking questions that show a growing interest in the topic. Similarly, the vaselike creature seems somewhat open to the idea, but has a hard time making connections in that regard due, possibly, to species differences.

In the servants' camp, there is a scandal being discussed regarding one of the southern nobles and the wife of another noble, not currently present.

Druids generally view the Fey as natural, at least for the land of Fey, which they consider part of the World at large. on the Material Plane, the Fey are viewed in a variety of ways: as natural, or as guests or travelers, or as foreign invaders that are interfering in this plane's functioning. A very minor opinion is that the whole of Fey is an abberation, and that all Fey are soulless and godless beings to be countered whenever possible.

Dar will report his findings over commstone, and ask if that is all.  If so, he'll just leave without another word and head to the nearest Durnvale.

Once there, he plans to talk to any local cat population about any notable goings-on, especially concerning a druid, and spy on humans to see if they mention anything of the sort.  If I don't post due to forces of nature, consider that my action.

As for druidic thought, all of that is about what I expected, thanks.  Should I talk some about what I've been imagining Dar's master to have been like, as a druid?

Be safe down there.

I would like to hear how Dar saw his master, and what you envisioned for him. Dar's view can be posted here, but PM me your meta thoughts.

Alaran would like you to go into the tunnels and see where they go. He is reporting them to the mechanists immediately. I am fine with you heading straight for Durnvale, and will put you there next turn if you don't check out the tunnels.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 08, 2016, 12:25:10 pm »

Crouch down, hold sword ready, move torwards a tree between me and the source of the noise. Peek out and try and get a good look at the thing
"Remember, aim for the legs, knee joints."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:29:09 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 08, 2016, 12:39:26 pm »

Oh.  Okay.

Generally, support Aylia's efforts in intel gathering.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 08, 2016, 02:35:21 pm »

I want to monitor how the Baron prepares to leave, and who leaves with him, and so on at this time. I'm want to know what he's leaving with, so I'll be able to tell if he arrives with extras or some missing. I want to note what he feels the need to pack, and what he doesn't. Who has last-minute things to do or say. and so on. I'm looking generally for stuff that he might be keeping hidden, secrets and spies, and for oddities in his provisions and planning. things you'd think he'd need that he doesn't, and things he needs that he shouldn't. even the best spies need logistics support, and the logistics are probably easier to find than the spies are.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 08, 2016, 10:20:50 pm »

"No.  Cat will not go into hole.  It is predator in grass and tree, but prey below ground."

Dar'yajira refuses to go into the tunnels, stating the above.  Even if Alaran tries to argue, Dar'll ignore him and head to the Durnvale; he's rather irritated with the mechanists in general, and now Al in particular.

((I'll see about sending you a PM soon.  Oh, and the storm was rather inconsequential for me--I got hit with nothing worse than a power outage.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 09, 2016, 12:22:10 pm »

Noir quietly takes the piece of bread offered with a smile and sniffing it she blinks as she takes a bite and them gives a warm smile and a hug at the person who gave her that.She begins to gently get up and fly
Thank villager with a warm smile and a hug and fly off to find the others.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 09, 2016, 03:33:54 pm »

Sneak quitly closer to the noise.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:01:22 am by Loki987 »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 10, 2016, 01:41:03 pm »

Scale a nearby tree, and nestle in. Try to locate the source of the noise.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 10, 2016, 04:22:16 pm »

Oh.  Okay.

Generally, support Aylia's efforts in intel gathering.

I want to monitor how the Baron prepares to leave, and who leaves with him, and so on at this time. I'm want to know what he's leaving with, so I'll be able to tell if he arrives with extras or some missing. I want to note what he feels the need to pack, and what he doesn't. Who has last-minute things to do or say. and so on. I'm looking generally for stuff that he might be keeping hidden, secrets and spies, and for oddities in his provisions and planning. things you'd think he'd need that he doesn't, and things he needs that he shouldn't. even the best spies need logistics support, and the logistics are probably easier to find than the spies are.
Between the two of you, the picture that emerges is not one of treachery and deviousness, but almost of normalcy. Perhaps a bit of incompetence as well. At least, in regards to battle, preparations, and logistics. The whole thing feels like, fro mthe baron's part, it was put together by an amateur, and from the others, like they are very little interested in anything beyond their personal situations - evidenced in part by the larger retinue of the baron, including a couple of messengers that keep him in contact with the base, albiet rather inconsistently, and the smaller, more luxurious accommodations of the others. The exceptions are the fanged woman and the vase creature. The fanged woman takes an interest in everything, albiet in small doses, and as if from afar. The vase being seems almost philosophical about it all. If there is a spy, he or she is doing an excellent job of blending into the normal workings of the groups. if there is treachery afoot, it is within well established groups. Next turn will be their trip to the war camp, so you'll be able to tell then if he leaves with more or less than he arrives with.

"No.  Cat will not go into hole.  It is predator in grass and tree, but prey below ground."

Dar'yajira refuses to go into the tunnels, stating the above.  Even if Alaran tries to argue, Dar'll ignore him and head to the Durnvale; he's rather irritated with the mechanists in general, and now Al in particular.

((I'll see about sending you a PM soon.  Oh, and the storm was rather inconsequential for me--I got hit with nothing worse than a power outage.))

Alaran looks at you quizzically, and nods thoughtfully. "Reasonable, though unfortunate for the situation at hand. Well, if you find anything else of interest, let me know, okay?" Alaran generally leaves you to your business, so he doesn't even notice you are leaving, at least not until it is too late.

Miles later, through forest and vale, you find a well worn cart track and the familiar sensations of nearby human settlement. Your little map shows you being right on top of one ofhte Durnvale markers. You meet with the local cats, and learn from them that life in this settlement has been unchanged in the memory spans of the cats. Farmland is tilled, the blacksmith's workshopp is noisy and hot, the mill and barns are full of mice, the gods are worshipped in season, the chickens are just awful, as chickens are wont to be. It seems time and excitement have passed this place by. As for mystical humans, the cats mention an old crone who makes funny smelling concoctions out of grass and leaves, and sometimes the dirty parts from under the ground, and a set of three old men who tend the shrines and the local temple, bless the children on Last Day, and genreally advice and care for the humans of the town. "Good people. Even leave out fish and cream for cats, except the one that sneezes when we are near. But even he never throws a boot at us."

Noir quietly takes the piece of bread offered with a smile and sniffing it she blinks as she takes a bite and them gives a warm smile and a hug at the person who gave her that.She begins to gently get up and fly
Thank villager with a warm smile and a hug and fly off to find the others.
Where are you looking for the others?

Crouch down, hold sword ready, move torwards a tree between me and the source of the noise. Peek out and try and get a good look at the thing
"Remember, aim for the legs, knee joints."
Sneak quitly closer to the noise.
Scale a nearby tree, and nestle in. Try to locate the source of the noise.
Terrance climbs a tree and settles in, high up. The other two sneak forward and all three find a large, box shaped thing on treads, swinging a large cleaver or something at another felled tree, and blowing fire out of a nozzle at some brush, which is slow to catch fire. It is puffing white smoke out the top of it's box, and lots of clangs and whirrs are going on. THe box is at least eight feet to a side, and the top of it is ten feet from the ground. It has three treads, and no obvious entrances. Several antennae and other mechainsms protrude from it, mostly along the top, but a few are on the front and lower down as well. You're not getting this one into a farmer's cart, that's for sure.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 10, 2016, 08:22:39 pm »

welp, nothing to do but keep observing and wait.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44