Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70120 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #450 on: September 29, 2016, 05:20:54 pm »

"Get rope, get sturdy branches,  lay them  across two branchest trimmed of limbs and bumps. Tie it all together and secured. Go drag the thiog on the sled you just made...the things legs would make better sled rails."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 29, 2016, 05:22:33 pm »

When did the Eye say it stopped scrying, exactly?  I don't think it did.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 30, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »

I'll try to make a sled, I instruct Terrance so he can help me.
"Can't we just cut it up and take tha important parts?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 30, 2016, 07:11:16 pm »

Dar'yajira responds to Dessmo with a reproachful tone, stating "...This one would greatly prefer not to return to Baron.  It is stupidity to harass angered wolf.  Cat may follow Tinker Twoleg, no?"

Dar'yajira will strongly ask to accompany Alaran, but won't refuse to return to the Baron if Dessmo gives such an order.  Dar'yajira will accompany Alaran, then.

Before leaving, the cat returns to Noir, and cautiously asks her a question "Will Halfdragon accompany Dar'yajira to colony?  It wishes to also visit nearby twoleg town, to ask questions, but it is bad with twolegs.  Halfdragon is not, yes?"
mkay, you eventually arrive at the compound and are ushered in. Hey, there's Aylia. hi!

"You two go make a sled I am going to see if I can make a deal with the villagers to help get us to carry this thing"

Blah blah then go walk to the village and try and ask them for help carrying what is left of the robit, explain it will be quicker and easier for all of us if they provide something say a cart and a horse.
"You kilt it?" Your tale generates enough interest that a couple of farmers volunteer to drive a cart out to get it. Several children and a few other onlookers follow along.

((Now this here is why Aylia's cat form becoming a frostcat form was a sidegrade at best, not an upgrade. That frostcat form stands out like a sore thumb. Regular cat form would be what Aylia would want to use to go unnoticed around here. As things are, she can't evesdrop properly, and she wants to check if these people are going to respond to the situation responsibly or irresponsibly, and she won't find that out if they know she's listening.))
To Alaran in private: "Sir, I don't have the technical knowledge to blend in here and see no further benefit in me remaining at the machinists. Is there somewhere else I could be of use?"
((OOC suggestion: Aylia could go to the baron instead of the diplomatically impaired.))
If Aylia is given a tasking elsewhere, she will polietely take her leave, shift to crow form, and fly there, circling the area and seeing what's going on before deciding on a plan on action.
"Well, I know that Dessmo is trying to capture one of the mechs for the army to look at. Oh, and he's trying to get some intel on what's going on with the baron. our last little scouting run hit a little snag when the cat called down doom and destruction on the baron's party. Could go check those out, if you like. You shold probably keep Dessmo informed, or Senna. I'll be a little too focused on the problems here, I think."

I'll assume you opt to check out the baron's place. You fly there and circle above their camp. it's quiet, so you settle on a branch nearby to listen. They are doing normal noble stuff when such go on vacation: lounging, riding to hunt, gossiping about the royals, arguing philosophy, discussing the weird cat with the prophecy of doom and the strange voice which called out in the name of the queen yesterday ...

"A SLED? I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS, MUCH LESS HOW TO MAKE IT. AND YOUR EFFORTS WOULD BE BETTER SPENT HAULING THE CONSTRUCT THAN THEY WOULD BARGAINING WITH THOSE SELFISH CREATURES."

Unless Samuel happens to know how to build a sled, I'm gonna keep on pulling.
you pull an antenna or something off with a twanggggggg......

When did the Eye say it stopped scrying, exactly?  I don't think it did.
I don't tend to leave you on autoscry. It takes actual effort to scry, after all. And rolls to determine results. So, let's roll you a nice result. (2) nope.

I'll try to make a sled, I instruct Terrance so he can help me.
"Can't we just cut it up and take tha important parts?"
You get some large branches and begin lacing them together. Terrance is less than no help at all, so you eventually have to shoo him away. You might finish the sled next round.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 30, 2016, 08:34:17 pm »

Noir after seeing everybody going decides to head into town and ask around about a church of some sorts.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 30, 2016, 09:09:09 pm »

Wait and listen. There's no rush right now. The people I want to listen to most aren't actually the Baron himself - He's probably made his position rather clear - but to the people he seems to respect or listen to. I want to know whos opinion he cares about and why, and what those people care about. I doubt he'll discuss the actual logistics of his operation in this environment anyway.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 30, 2016, 10:09:11 pm »

Lead them to the robit and ask them to help move it onto the cart. Thank them and offer them my sword to better protect against raiders and tell them in the future, "send any criminals you find and capture to the omega legion,to be sent straight to Jacky. The baron of the nearby town knows how to contact us." Try to give them an alternative way to contact the omega legion if possible...at all.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:48:30 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 30, 2016, 10:40:22 pm »

As a general rule, assume the Eye is generally focusing on gathering intel it was requested to gather, then situational awareness, assuming I miss something or pull a dumb because I'm not it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 01, 2016, 03:35:48 pm »

Welp, since Aylia just left before Dar could greet her, he'll just follow Alaran for now.  He'll be there if Alaran needs help or something, and maybe catch a rat if things are boring.

...Since I'm curious, what does Dar'yajira think of all the unnatural mechanist machinery, as a druid?  Is it just beign, curious, clearly bad, an affront, what?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 01, 2016, 07:35:22 pm »

Noir after seeing everybody going decides to head into town and ask around about a church of some sorts.
the local villagers point you to an old idol, situated in a woody patch nearby, moss covered and faded. there are some dried flowers at it's base, where feet may have once been.

Lead them to the robit and ask them to help move it onto the cart. Thank them and offer them my sword to better protect against raiders and tell them in the future, "send any criminals you find and capture to the omega legion,to be sent straight to Jacky. The baron of the nearby town knows how to contact us." Try to give them an alternative way to contact the omega legion if possible...at all.
You arrive at the site, with Terrance and Samuel trying various tricks to making this easier. tehy help out with getting the thing into the cart. the villagers nod blankly at your empty boasts.

As a general rule, assume the Eye is generally focusing on gathering intel it was requested to gather, then situational awareness, assuming I miss something or pull a dumb because I'm not it.
certain things require your direct attention, and you and the others abandoned the baron's camp when things went south for Dar (literally going south, back to the camp, actually). So it was natural to assume that your attempts there were concluded. Situational awareness, I can do.

Welp, since Aylia just left before Dar could greet her, he'll just follow Alaran for now.  He'll be there if Alaran needs help or something, and maybe catch a rat if things are boring.

...Since I'm curious, what does Dar'yajira think of all the unnatural mechanist machinery, as a druid?  Is it just beign, curious, clearly bad, an affront, what?
Overall, his impression of the compound is one of natural destruction. this is unpleasant for him - an offense against nature, like a strip mine. However, there are some very strongly positive points along the way, including the machines that help tend the farms, and other 'nature care' type machinery. So his druidic impression is one of destruction with life being nurtured in bright spots. how specifically Dar reacts to that is your decision, as Druids are individuals. he could be totally offended and decide that all constructs are wicked, even when they are doing something beneficial to life, or he could acknowledge differences and say that how they are used matters, or he cold accept them as a part of the natural cycle of "birth, death, rebirth," or "create, build, tend, decay, destroy, create." he had no direct negative emotional response to Clunkers as an entity, nor the eye so it isn't the simple existence of the construct that is troubling, at least for Dar. Would you like more info on Druidic religious thought? I can provide some more straightforward basics, but again, Dar is no theologian or logical thinker, so it kinda comes down to what feels natural to him.

the tribble things are pretty neat though, and incite his urge to hunt and play.
Alaran, upon Dar's mention that he is available to help, thinks for a moment and then suggests that a pair of eyes with a unique perspective might catch flaws that others miss. he says it might be good for Dar to scout for places in the compound that the constructs could have gotten out from. Almost under his breath, he says, 'and for other things elsewhere n the compound.'

Wait and listen. There's no rush right now. The people I want to listen to most aren't actually the Baron himself - He's probably made his position rather clear - but to the people he seems to respect or listen to. I want to know whos opinion he cares about and why, and what those people care about. I doubt he'll discuss the actual logistics of his operation in this environment anyway.
it is difficult to navigate the conversations of the nobility, and to understand the interplay between them. For one thing ,there is a lot of formality, even at rather unexpected moments, while the informalities seem confined to specific situations. You haven't a good grasp on who, if anyone, in this group the Baron considers to be an advisor. You do discover that the Baron will be returning to his army in [4 turns]

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 01, 2016, 07:37:34 pm »

((So how many turns for the robit to reach the drop off point?))
Help move the cart. And offer them my sword, I mean my sword the literal thing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:12:17 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 01, 2016, 09:00:27 pm »

Dar'yajira would be visibly grumpy.  He feels that the facility is basically evil, even the good bits clearly being a means to an end, though he doesn't feel mechanical stuff is evil in general; it's in how it's used.  The inhabitants here are mostly gnomes, right?  I would also be curious to hear what druidic religious thought is in this setting, yeah.

Anyway, he'll go ahead and begrudgingly do that scouting.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 01, 2016, 09:11:14 pm »

I fly away for a moment, make known the baron's timeline via commstone, and then find a new perch to watch from. same observation objectives at this time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:58:32 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 01, 2016, 10:43:56 pm »

Noir....is quiet looking at it her eye's flickering with curiosity and cautiously touches it with her tail and in a curious tone.
"Hello? I'm Noir....who are you? Will you tell me?"Put my tail on the idol attempt to speak with it....maybe someone will speak back.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 02, 2016, 09:56:15 am »

I think Samuel should be tired. So he'll rest on the cart.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44