Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69913 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #390 on: September 18, 2016, 07:48:19 pm »

((She is landing outside, shifting to normal, walking inside, and speaking to preferably a gate guard or other local authority, but anyone will do in a pinch. and she only has her collar. so yes, she will be naked.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 19, 2016, 02:02:04 pm »

Ask the crowd if they want to help with the hunt. Leave with tha party and follow the trail of destruction if Terrance wants of course.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 19, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »

Sneak forwards, keep some debris between me and the death b9t, try and Identify any ways to disable it
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 19, 2016, 04:44:10 pm »

"HMMM. YES, I... 'FEEL'.

THE CONSTRUCT IS EVIDENTLY DEFECTIVE AND DANGEROUS. IT WILL STRIKE AGAIN. RATHER THAN WAIT FOR IT TO RETURN, AND RISKING LOSING SOME OF YOUR CHILDREN OR OTHERWISE INCAPABLE INDIVIDUALS, I WOULD SUGGEST THAT WE SEEK IT OUT AND DESTROY IT."

Try to convince those listening to join us in hunting the spider. Use my empathic magic to gauge the emotions of the crowd, and push the whole "your children will die" angle if they aren't sufficiently scared.
they seem uninterested in joining the hunt, or having anything else to do with you. you cast a little charm over them, but it mostly makes them look even more uncomfortable. they begin edging away from you, like you have some sort of disease.

Ask the crowd if they want to help with the hunt. Leave with tha party and follow the trail of destruction if Terrance wants of course.
"No thank you. we've had enough of those things ..." I'll assume you, terrance, and JAck head out and follow the damage.

Sneak forwards, keep some debris between me and the death b9t, try and Identify any ways to disable it
After some time, the three of you begin to hear noises ahead that sound unnatural. yu scout ahead and locate the thing. it is currently scuttling along a riverbank, occasionally stepping out into the current. the first few feet seem to go well enough, but it starts t ostumble and slip after that, and the current seems strong enough to pull it down stream a bit. It keeps returning to the same spot. Looks like you could get above it, maybe, and drop some rocks on a couple of exposed mechanical bits, or maybe if you get it out into the water and get a rope around a couple of it's legs .. .looks like it would have a hard time reaching the middle of it's back, as it's legs and even it's manipulator arms are aimed out and down.

"...Eye?  Does Baron speak enough?  Halfdragon talk now, or listen longer?"

Ask the Eye the above.  If he says Noir should talk: attempt to stealthily drop the commstone somewhere near the baron, so that Noir can shout through it.  If there's no visible way to drop the stone stealthily, cast a strong leg buff and (if it succeeds) brazenly march out in front of the Baron to drop the stone.

If the Eye says to listen more, or return to it and Noir, do so.

If the Eye says nothing, make an int check to figure out what to do.

(1) oh. Oh no. Dar strides out, screaming and hissing at the group, tail erect and fur on end. "repent! Repent your destructive ways! Your doom is upon you!Your path leads to darkness and despair! only listen, and you will be redeemed!"

(1) aaaaand their reaction is hostile. they draw swords, bows, and so forth, and begin chasing you, attempting primarily to catch you.

today is one of those days, where I feel I need ot show rolls, because everything keeps going sideways.

That's a lot of people...
daunted, I pause for a moment, trying to decide what to do. I'm intimidated by the place. I had expected a small colony of 20-50 people, not several hundred. This is a bit much, and I'm trying to think of a way to properly handle this that doesnt involve exposing myself to all these people.
But I have to speak to someone in a position of authority to make sure they arent making more of those things. To do that, I need to establish my own authority, and to do that, I need to publicly announce that I'm here for Omega.
Is... Is there another way?
I mean, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. The goal was to get one, not all, and the machinist colony is supposed to be a group stop. maybe I messed up by even coming here?
Yeah... yeah, thats totally a legitimate excuse! Im not running from the crowd, I'm just... oh darn it all, thats a half-truth at best.
okay, okay, my goal in coming here was to check if they were still here and had their infastructure intact. they are and do. in this case, I was going to speak with them and ask them to rein in their bots. so... thats what I need to do.
So DO IT already!

I... I land outside the entrance, I shift into my normal form, and... I.. I take a few deep breaths, tell myself to stop dawdling, and open my eyes, intentionally sparking a little anger in myself to control my nervousness, and Step, On, Inside.
"Hey! Sir! I need to talk to whoever is responsible for the bots wrecking the nearby landscape! They're causing enough damage the locals are considering forming a small army just to attack this place and stop it! Lead me either to the person responsible or someone in authority around here because this shit needs to stop here and now!"
I'm so out of my depth right now! So many people, so much unfamiliar machinery. Nobody to come save me if they get mad at me. This could go so very badly...
"the bots are wreacking the countryside?!" the woman stationed at the entrance gate exclaims, startled. She looks up, eyes you momentarily, and then rushes out to you. "You poor dear! Are you injured? Let's get you inside. Are you normally naked, or would you like something to wear?" She sees that you are uninjured and rushes back inside for a moment, shouting at someone within to leave in a hurry, and to tell "them" to send someone to the West Gate, code Breakout. She then rushes back to you. "Now, the boys are gone, come inside and tell me everything. Oh, I was afraid something like this would happen. Oh ... ohohoh."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 19, 2016, 05:11:11 pm »

Grab some rocks, sneak over, climb up a tree and climb above it
((I was going to make a note here about how I removed the redundant part of the satement above, but I removed it. I removed the note of removal of the redundant part of the already pretty redundant statement....wait))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:16:48 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 19, 2016, 05:49:41 pm »

"I'm fine ma'rm, I just travel faster this way. Anyway, here's what's going on."I explain what's going on, what the problem is, what damage I saw personally on my way here, etc. If they have a specialized retrieval team, might as well let them handle this. If I have to repeat myself for different audiences, thats fine, though I'd like something to preserve decency if I'm going to be here for a bit. More to keep others from reacting than for my own sake.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 19, 2016, 05:53:59 pm »

((I leave.  For one day.  And then THIS.  ARRRRRRGH))

The Eye generally focuses on not breaking cover in surveillance.  This should have been communicated.  Either way, if that happened, the Eye breaks in, at volume.

>"ALL INVOLVED PARTIES, STAND DOWN, IN THE NAME OF AND BY THE AUTHORITY OF HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN.  A FRIENDLY FIRE INCIDENT WILL REFLECT POORLY."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:03:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 19, 2016, 07:34:55 pm »

"One of you keep 'im still, okay?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 20, 2016, 03:01:13 pm »

((I actually wanted to discuss a strategy but well I guess that ain't happening.))
I'm pretty sure Jack is gonna try to hit the machine with the rocks from above. I'll stay hidden and when Jack hits the machine and it starts being aggressive, I'll try to topple the machine on its back by a stream of high pressured water (putrid river). When the machine spots Jack trying to sneak towards it, I'll also try to topple it by putrid river. I'll tell Terrance to be ready to defend himself and tie the machine up when it topples.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 20, 2016, 03:29:44 pm »

Noir gets  up casually and awkwardly clenches her commstone remaining fairly useless at the moment only looking around quickly to make sure no one is nearby.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:11:55 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 20, 2016, 03:34:39 pm »

Noir startles up and awkwardly clenches her commstone remaining fairly useless at the moment only looking around quickly to make sure no one is nearby.
((Noir wouldn't have heard.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 20, 2016, 03:39:51 pm »

((Yeah, I didn't really want to track the thing down just yet.))

Terrance would have found itself a suitable hidey-hole nearby prior to our attack, where it could camp out with its sling. If the spider comes near, it intends to lodge one of its unidentified stones into the spider's aforementioned mechanical bits. If the others manage to take down the spider on their own, it will do as Samuel requested and tie the up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:34:22 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 20, 2016, 10:38:46 pm »

((Noir wouldn't have heard.))

((Why not?  She has a commstone, and Dar's been keeping his commstone on so the Eye can listen in.  I see no reason why Noir would've been excluded, and several why she would have been included.))
((The Eye is broadcasting through Dar's stone, not hers.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44