Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69964 times)

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2016, 02:46:12 pm »

((So it's only Dessmo, me and The Eye on the road. We should have a teamname.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:22:42 pm by Loki987 »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2016, 04:40:43 pm »

Sneakily fire darts into the crowd below.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2016, 10:25:18 pm »

Schedule got moved up majorly just now. going to be unable to post for 3-4 weeks... probably... starting in 4 hours. I wish I was kidding.
edit: okay... they were dumb about how they implimented things. I'll attempt to post as I can.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:46:40 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2016, 10:48:23 pm »

Dar'yajira reports the number and location of survivors over his commstone, but makes no effort to alert the survivors to his presence.  He'll cast a leg-strengthening buff, and wait for the door to be broken down.  If it is, he'll leap forward into the throat of the first fishman through.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2016, 12:13:39 pm »

I stay in Giant Frost Cat form for now, since I can't count on getting it back if I shift out of it, and see about going hidden from rooftop to rooftop to the building Senna signaled two at.
You can't, as the enemy is between you and the other roofs. It was the building nearest the fort that was indicated. Also, noted that you will be out of action, so You'll become a kind of reserve for the rest of this battle, then Senna and you will be off.

Schedule got moved up majorly just now. going to be unable to post for 3-4 weeks... probably... starting in 4 hours. I wish I was kidding.
edit: okay... they were dumb about how they implimented things. I'll attempt to post as I can.
Good luck on your deployment or whatever. We've known this was coming for quite a while, so I'll take good care of Aylia until you return. Only a few scars. Promise. No more than one or two Maimings. Three tops. She probably won't be blinded and disfigured horribly. Before she is killed unceremoniously by bandits in her sleep.

Dar'yajira reports the number and location of survivors over his commstone, but makes no effort to alert the survivors to his presence.  He'll cast a leg-strengthening buff, and wait for the door to be broken down.  If it is, he'll leap forward into the throat of the first fishman through.
You could say something like "draw from the strength of the earth" but that might involve "remaining connected to the earth" (i.e. keeping feet touching the ground.) Anyway, you gather power once again and crouch, waiting. The doors hold this round, though one of the guys takes a nasty cut on a leg.

Sneakily fire darts into the crowd below.
You edge forward, peer over the rampart, and fire two darts in quick succession before ducking back. Senna leaps upi beside you and fires into the crowd as well. She is spotted, but seems satisfied. "One down!"

If Dessmo wants to attack. I'll attack and try to fill their lungs with water (Spontaneous drownage), like I said in the previous post I know they are fishlike creatures but that doesn't mean they can't drown.
You and Dessmo charge forward. The attack draws about five of the enemy in your direction. You cast drownage, and a couple of them get coated in water. Tehy appear to be having trouble, but they soldier on. Dessmo takes a nasty hit to the ribs. You have a couple of them pressing you, but you tangle one spear in your chain, and the other glances off your ball.

Engage the fishmen, yes, when everyone else does.
You hover along behind and above Samuel and Dessmo and fire your blast Two of them stagger and sag to their knees. One of them hits you a glancing blow with a spear, gouging your carapace and sending you reeling, your plantbaby passenger meeping as you spin.

Carefully try and get into a location where I can provide support with my Soul destroying magic.
There's a rock formation just ahead, you climb up so you can peek over the top. You can pop up and throw fire from here without being in danger. Of course, your teammates, who are fighting sword to shield, may be in the line of fire.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2016, 01:27:38 pm »

The Eye goes in for the distraction!  And also screaming in their faces!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2016, 02:50:03 pm »

I'll hit as many people as I can with the ball and chain and I try to strengthen my hit through the concussive magic. I'll call this spell "Wrecking ball".
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:00:09 am by Loki987 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2016, 03:40:35 pm »

((I considered having Dar draw on the strength of the ground, and then hold himself against the door, but that's not really a catlike thing to do.  Certainly doesn't make sense for a spell which buffs jumping.  Perhaps wind, but that doesn't reflect the buff to damage.  And again, cliche and stupid sounding. :P ))

Dar'yajira continues watching the humans hold the door, ready to attack any enemies that come through.  He'll keep his ears angled back towards the door he came in through, too, in case some fish decided to flank.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2016, 03:42:28 pm »

Try to make Senna visibly blend in with the castle. Continue firing periodically.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2016, 06:33:03 pm »

Noir is going to attempt to use charm magic on the nearest enemy's and try to make them attack their own.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2016, 09:40:31 am »

The Eye goes in for the distraction!  And also screaming in their faces!
This is remarkably effective. You've created chaos and dismay in the enemy ranks. Plantbuddy squees and waves it's arms along with you. He seems smugly self satisfied.

I'll hit as many people as I can with the ball and chain and I try to strengthen my hit through the concussive magic. I'll call this spell "Wrecking ball".
You swing, but just as you start your swing, the eye screams in, scaring the crap outta your target. target ducks, and your swing goes wide. You snarl, and turn for another target, who is hopping away and waving it's spear wildly at the Eye. "Come back here and take a hit, damn it!" You shout, twirling your ball around and stomping after the fishperson.

((I considered having Dar draw on the strength of the ground, and then hold himself against the door, but that's not really a catlike thing to do.  Certainly doesn't make sense for a spell which buffs jumping.  Perhaps wind, but that doesn't reflect the buff to damage.  And again, cliche and stupid sounding. :P ))

Dar'yajira continues watching the humans hold the door, ready to attack any enemies that come through.  He'll keep his ears angled back towards the door he came in through, too, in case some fish decided to flank.
Draw on the earth, saunter over to the very middle of the path where the door will open, then flop down on your side, facing away from the door. They'll never see what hit them. Or be solar powered. Cats do that too. Anyway, on guard for now. I'll check at teh end of the round, if any make it through.

Try to make Senna visibly blend in with the castle. Continue firing periodically.
Senna becomes stonelike and obscure. She settles into a firing position low against the wall over the gate. You fire another dart, but cannot tell what effect, if any, it had. Senna takes another one down, while one of the beings does it's sonic scream up at you guys, blasting a chunk of the wall apart, between you and Senna. She gets struck by some stone debris and looks dazed, slumping against the wall.

Noir is going to attempt to use charm magic on the nearest enemy's and try to make them attack their own.
Noir gets the enemy's attention, and it charges!It pokes it's spear at you around the boulder, but can't quite connect.

the remaining fishpeople (about six or so) break ranks and run, heading back toward their ships. Seems the resistance was greater than they expected. theere are still the three in the water, and a couple of wounded in front of you, but they are not a significant threat. Still, wouldn't hurt to be careful.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2016, 11:03:31 am »

There are no remaining fishpeople at the door, yes?  Say the below to the wounded defender, from a safe distance:

"This one advises twoleg to find Halfdragon.  It can heal wound."

Assuming the defenders don't act aggressively towards him, Dar'yajira will then exit (requesting they open the door if it is shut), and attack any remaining aggressive fishpeople.  If all the remaining fishpeople are incapacitated, he'll guard their wounded and defend them from being executed.   Not so close that they can strike at him from the ground, though.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2016, 12:13:17 pm »

Terrance pokes Senna a couple times. "THIS ONE APPEARS TO BE DAMAGED. SOMEONE SHOULD PROBABLY EXAMINE IT."

Dull Senna's nerves, but otherwise do not attempt to assist her.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:48:08 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2016, 01:23:59 pm »

Hit the thing point blank with father's dark magic then try and get back and stabilize my magic for 2 or 3 minute's so it's safe to use my holy magic.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2016, 03:41:04 pm »

I let the fleeing enemies go and say this.
"Are we gonna bash their noggins in. We only need one really."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44