Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69968 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2016, 12:37:43 pm »

((approx 1 week until I disappear, current estimates on how long it'll be are 2 weeks.))

"Advance to the fight or the ships?"
Will obey orders.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2016, 04:03:47 pm »

Dar'yajira flinches when Dessmo unceremoniously executes the two stunned fishpeople.  The cat then steps in front of the man, ears bent back in a peeved expression. He speaks with a slightly accusatory tone "This one is thankful for praise, but it questions why twoleg kills defeated foes.  Fish twolegs were beaten, yes?  Cat does not see purpose."

Cat speaks at Dessmo, at inopportune time.  He's not blocking Dessmo, though, and if he's given orders he'll obey them.  He'll also try to keep his ears towards the remaining wounded, and attack them again if they become hostile.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2016, 05:58:04 pm »

Just so we can move along a little, I'm making this a mini turn.

No, I go back to the team again. I did absolutely nothing last turn so now I will help you guys.
You rejoin the others.

((approx 1 week until I disappear, current estimates on how long it'll be are 2 weeks.))

"Advance to the fight or the ships?"
Will obey orders.
"Do you have a fight capable flying form? If so, that might be the best way to get to the ships. You could circle around the east side of the island, with Noir, hit the ships, and come up to the fight from behind. Otherwise, stick with us, and cover us with the bow. We still have people in there."

Dar'yajira flinches when Dessmo unceremoniously executes the two stunned fishpeople.  The cat then steps in front of the man, ears bent back in a peeved expression. He speaks with a slightly accusatory tone "This one is thankful for praise, but it questions why twoleg kills defeated foes.  Fish twolegs were beaten, yes?  Cat does not see purpose."

Cat speaks at Dessmo, at inopportune time.  He's not blocking Dessmo, though, and if he's given orders he'll obey them.  He'll also try to keep his ears towards the remaining wounded, and attack them again if they become hostile.
"They were still a threat. Never leave a rat at your hindquarters, Dar,yajira. We still have enemies in front, and allies that need us. We don't have time for nice."

Feel free to formulate an overall plan of action here You are on a semi narrow path, exposed at front to attack, with a steep upward slope to the east, and a rough slope to the water to the west. The path opens up ahead, primarily eastward and out of sight. The enemy is in the open space beyond, among some buildings and assaulting a small fort which is at the top of the incline to your east. Climbing would be difficult for the land oriented (cat is bit of exception), but fliers cold get up there easily. they would likely be spotted going up. They could fly low to the west and probably be unspotted long enough to get close to the boats, or they cold take the longer way eastward around the island and surprise the boats. Dessmo prefers if a couple of you flank the enemy, while some sturdier ones stick with him and rush the enemy. Senna plans on finding a decent vantage and using her bow, but if that's not possible, she will be switching to sword this round and sticking with the main group.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:08:41 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2016, 08:22:08 pm »

Dar'yajira doesn't say anything more, and begins climbing the incline up the slope.  He'll try to stealthily sneak to a vantage point whdre he can see into the fort.

If I misunderstood you, and a cat would be easily spotted or find the climb difficult, just use the path.

Also, are Dar's buffs still active?  The reflexes one should be dropped if it's still draining him, but the legs buff is useful for climbing.  Also also, how tired is he?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2016, 12:01:57 am »

Terrance lets out its best approximation of an exasperated sigh, and glares at Dessmo. "YOU CHOSE TO SPARE THE ONE I ALREADY POISONED, UNFORTUNATELY. I SUPPOSE IT IS OF LITTLE USE TO US NOW..."

After strangling the poor survivor, and removing the spent dart (and anything else worth nabbing) from his corpse, Terrance will join Senna in finding a shooting spot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2016, 12:06:19 am »

I shake my head.
"My flying forms aren't battle-ready. They're all too small."
I shift to Giant Frost Cat to prep, hoping for the big one. If I get it, then I'll help Senna get to a vantage point if need be. but if not, then I'm still in a good form for meele. after the shift, I'll be ready to move up the slope with Dar.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2016, 11:23:34 am »

I can't fly so, I guess I stay with Dessmo.

"Protect me back, please." I'll tell the ones that seek a vantage point.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2016, 12:07:02 am »

who are we missing? Pancaek and ATH. Why do I keep thinking Pan is in this thread? Oh, and TBF. I knew there were six of you in this mission. Okay, I'll wait till tomorrow or Monday to post the actual turn.

Dar, your buffs are typically for one action or one combat now, so both are dropped. You are still pretty energetic. You might be getting a bit of an adrenaline rush type thing from that last action. You'll probably feel it later, though. the combat will almost certainly have been done for a while before it becomes an issue. climbing won't be an issue For Dar. Any of the team could climb it, but it wold be awkward and ungainly for the bigger, two footed ones.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2016, 01:35:12 am »

The highest threat targets.  The Eye continues following orders if given.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2016, 07:19:04 am »

Noir.....Checks to see if there are any other flyers real quick and trys to think of a good Arial strategy based off what she knows of her abiltys.
((Well...noir is becoming more cautious and less reckless at the very least.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2016, 09:47:30 am »

Dar'yajira doesn't say anything more, and begins climbing the incline up the slope.  He'll try to stealthily sneak to a vantage point whdre he can see into the fort.

If I misunderstood you, and a cat would be easily spotted or find the climb difficult, just use the path.

Also, are Dar's buffs still active?  The reflexes one should be dropped if it's still draining him, but the legs buff is useful for climbing.  Also also, how tired is he?

Dar climbs the slope and comes up to the wall of the fort. It's a bit to high for an unassisted jump, so Dar walks around the corner, where he finds a small door, partially open. Looks like a service door, though why it is on this side is a mystery, as it would be difficult to get supplies up to this point - much easier for them to go to the front gate. The inside of the fort is a twenty foot by twenty foot room, open to the sky. there is a small shack to the right hat could be a tool shed or a small bunkhouse for a couple people. There are a couple weapon racks, some boat supplies and oars, and a few other miscellaneous strewn about. Of most pressing concern are the two men struggling in the main doorway against more of those fishmen, who are outside the door, and a couple of dead bodies - one up on the wall, and one laying crumpled in the far corner, as if it had fallen from the wall. You don't see any other survivors.

Terrance lets out its best approximation of an exasperated sigh, and glares at Dessmo. "YOU CHOSE TO SPARE THE ONE I ALREADY POISONED, UNFORTUNATELY. I SUPPOSE IT IS OF LITTLE USE TO US NOW..."

After strangling the poor survivor, and removing the spent dart (and anything else worth nabbing) from his corpse, Terrance will join Senna in finding a shooting spot.
You kill the last remaining wounded. And then you try to remember if the dart you hit him with was deadly. Read Lenglon's turn for your fate.

I shake my head.
"My flying forms aren't battle-ready. They're all too small."
I shift to Giant Frost Cat to prep, hoping for the big one. If I get it, then I'll help Senna get to a vantage point if need be. but if not, then I'm still in a good form for meele. after the shift, I'll be ready to move up the slope with Dar.
Terrance begins struggling his way up the slope after Dar as you shift to Frost Cat. You become as large as you remember being, and Senna climbs un your back and clutches tightly. You grab Terrance by the helmet and climb. You get to the top of the slope as Dar is disappearing around the corner, then leap up the wall and claw your way onto the top of it, dropping Terrance unceremoniously onto the top of the wall. You see the path below, the open area ahead, partly obscured by the front of the fort. You see the tops of three buildings past the fort. You see the two men battling in the doorway, and glimpses of the group of the enemy near the gate. Senna drops off you and moves forward in a crouch, setting your bow and quiver down beside you as she does. She peeks over the edge and holds up eight fingers, then points to the far right, near one of the buildings, and holds up two. Then she draws her bow. She also signals the people on the path.

I can't fly so, I guess I stay with Dessmo.

"Protect me back, please." I'll tell the ones that seek a vantage point.
You and Dessmo approach the corner and peek around it. looks like the enemy is concentrated around the gate of the fort. Ten or so. Two of them are looking your way. looks like they have just spotted their fallen comrade.

The highest threat targets.  The Eye continues following orders if given.
The Eye floats behind Samuel and Dessmo for the moment. there is a whole group of targets ahead. Engage?

Noir.....Checks to see if there are any other flyers real quick and trys to think of a good Arial strategy based off what she knows of her abiltys.
((Well...noir is becoming more cautious and less reckless at the very least.))
She thinks, but the best she gets is "Fly high, then dive at them and tackle people. Use magic on them when she hits."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2016, 10:39:46 am »

Engage the fishmen, yes, when everyone else does.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2016, 01:11:08 pm »

I stay in Giant Frost Cat form for now, since I can't count on getting it back if I shift out of it, and see about going hidden from rooftop to rooftop to the building Senna signaled two at.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:18:10 pm by Lenglon »

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2016, 02:07:46 pm »

If Dessmo wants to attack. I'll attack and try to fill their lungs with water (Spontaneous drownage), like I said in the previous post I know they are fishlike creatures but that doesn't mean they can't drown.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2016, 02:37:53 pm »

Carefully try and get into a location where I can provide support with my Soul destroying magic.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44