Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Scum Win!  (Read 43925 times)

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3 - 2 Replacements Needed!
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2016, 05:08:06 pm »

In for Replacement. This looks like fun!
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3 - 2 Replacements Needed!
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2016, 06:33:37 pm »

LARD has replaced snowdwarf!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3 - 1 Replacement Needed!
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2016, 08:34:24 pm »

Okay, I've read through the thread but not having the timescale messes with me.  Here's a couple reads.
Origamiscienceguy: Not scum.  He's being dumb and nolynching, but still is confused enough that he doesn't appear scummy. 
Kilojoule Proton:   His interactions with the thebiggerfish were tentative and sketchy. He was active but not pursuing anybody specific, bouncing his vote around. This is suspicious and indicative of new scum. (I think)

As for the rest of this, I don't believe that you let this guy get away with a nolynch. This is silly.  Origamiscienceguy, stop it.  Even if you think you have a good reason, the rest of us don't share it.  Nolynching is simply not a good idea at this point.  We lynch one today and then if we miss, we might talk about nolynching at mylo. But nolynching last round just lost us a significant advantage.

So as for questions, Kilojoule Proton, why did your suspicions bounce around so much? Why have you not found a main target?  Who do you think is mafia?

Cheers everyone, thanks for letting me in!
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2016, 09:42:22 am »

Could I join or is it too late? I am new to mafia. Ish. I played a version of it two years ago.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2016, 01:05:29 pm »

._.
This isn't probably convenient to mention that my exams started Wednesday and is until Saturday- wait I just did >_>
<_<
People should extend more.

Backing up to stuff I wanted to mention literal days ago:

WHICH I'LL CONTINUE IN THE MORNING AS THIS POST IS JUST IC-SPEAK and less me-as-a-player-speak :'(
Everything below is player-me. If I address anyone in spoilers, it's IC speak.

Ohey LARD, long time no see!
Kilojoule Proton:   His interactions with the thebiggerfish were tentative and sketchy. He was active but not pursuing anybody specific, bouncing his vote around. This is suspicious and indicative of new scum. (I think)
While you do have a point that it can be an indicator, what else points him out as a possible vote target?
This is player-me speaking.
Could I join or is it too late? I am new to mafia. Ish. I played a version of it two years ago.
You can ask if you can act as a replacement (which means you replace anyone that isn't able to play due to reasons), OR ask for a tentative sign-up and notification by any future BM mod!). You posting here makes this thread available in your '
Show new replies to your posts.' though, so you're pretty much watching what's going on. :3

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2016, 01:12:26 pm »

I'm in! Hello all!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2016, 01:13:40 pm »

Before the mod announces it! Totes mod-kill behaviour etc. etc.

I mean, Imic has replaced roo!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2016, 01:56:41 pm »

Before the mod announces it! Totes mod-kill behaviour etc. etc.

I mean, Imic has replaced roo!
A lone wanderer walks through the blizzard.
He arrives at the inn, and starts to talk to everyone.
Your friend Roo apparantly ran out into the blizzard to get away from all this. I know this 'cause I met him, wandering just a while away from here. He stopped me and gave a few things and asked me to try and help. Someone asked him, 'what did he give you?' The key to his room, replied Imic, as well as some money, and... A cookie. Ddly enough. Ah well, so. What's happening? And, if yer thinkin of leavin like Roo, the blozzard just got worse. I barely made it. Oops.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2016, 04:53:21 pm »

Will post in ~16 hours. Sorry, im pretty busy lately. My chicks just hatched and I have to take care of them.  ::)

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2016, 07:48:45 pm »

Hi Tiruin, I've been lurking, but forum mafia hurts my soul a bit so I've taken a break.  As to your question, the KJP was also FoSed by a mafia who then just left him alone.  This seems suspicious especially when he was voting erratically.  He's the best lead I have so far and I'm waiting to see how he answers. 

oh EXTEND from me too.  We need to hear from people. 

Imic: what do you think of vishdafish and OSG?

Why? Do you really think that I am the last scum? I would have put myself on an astronomically high chance of getting power roll'd last night.
OSG: You could very well be the other scum. I don't think you are but this sentence alone makes me nervous.  You act as though others should find it inconceivable that you are scum.  This is obviously ludicrous and has got me lynched before.  Start hunting people and stop pushing for a nolynch. Sorry for the double post message to you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2016, 10:20:07 pm »

Extend

PFP

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2016, 10:31:24 pm »

Day 3 has been extended to 2pm Central US Time on Wednesday, or ~159 hours, 30 minutes.

There is 1 extension remaining for Day 3.

I'll have a proper vote count up later, perhaps tomorrow, but it's a no lynch as things stand.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2016, 11:10:33 am »

@Tiruin

Well, really, I havent been throwing votes out at random. I have only voted 2 people so far: TBF and kilakan/OSG. As for todays vote, it was based on my reasoning from earlier. I dont think I have articulated myself well, so I will summarize my reasoning in this post.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also think a question remains unanswered. Why didnt the other scum save TBF on day one, when he had a clear opportunity to do so? I also believe that as town, we must be more decisive. Please no bouncing votes like KJP. Ideally, we should have a lynch every day. It gives us more info as to who the scum is, as we can infer from the alignment of the person who was lynched, and who pushed for it, even if it isnt successful.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2016, 11:58:49 am »

Tentative OSG: Reposting: Would you lynch a scumbuddy if you had only one? If not, what would make you lynch a scumbuddy?

LARD: I'm really not sure how to investigate effectively yet. I'd like to be really sure I get scum, but they never say they're scum. As for condensed updated reads:
vishdafish: Consistently active in scumhunting, probably town, possibly role?
snow dwarf->LARD: Previously had barely any interactions, maybe got poked. Probably town? How does scumchat even work anyway?
origamiscienceguy: I think juicebox had a bit of a disagreement with OSG D2, but then again, vishdafish had more active complaints. Suspicious. Also advocated nolynch, which I find suspicious despite the reasoning (something about our intact power roles and there only being one scum). Also failed to answer a question D2, but this is still somewhat excusable.
roo->Imic: Currently reminds me of my first few posts on this one. Probably town :P
Tiruin: Still a bit difficult to separate IC-helpfulness from player-and-potential-scum. Maybe town? Would hate to mislynch and possibly drive a guide inactive.

Tiruin and vishdafish: I'll try to reduce the bouncy voting. It's probably annoying to have to process too.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2016, 01:27:35 pm »

Day 3

You decide to go to bed a little later this evening before doing much in the way of investigating. One of you - obviously a dirty pacifist - still wants to keep everyone alive for the night, while the rest of you see it fit to throw accusations back and forth.

Votes

vishdafish -
Kilojoule Proton - LARD (1)
snow dwarf -
origamisciencyguy - vishdafish, Kilojoule Proton (2)
roo -
Tiruin -

No Lynch - origamiscienceguy (1)

Extensions (1 remaining) - 0/2 -

Shortens - 0/3 -

Day 3 will end at 2pm on Wednesday, or 144 hours, 30 minutes.

Edit: origamiscienceguy and juicebox have been prodded.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:34:49 pm by hector13 »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26