Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Dancing Demons (Post-Apoc/Sci-Fi Base Mgmt SG)  (Read 6313 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dancing Demons (Post-Apoc/Sci-Fi Base Mgmt SG)
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2016, 08:58:02 pm »

Honestly? I suggest you try one more time and then post it. If you can't figure out the specific thing that's off then eitger we can help find it, or it's something you'll find as you do this more and more. This is the rough draft/prototype after all, so there's going to be rough patches.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2016, 12:45:30 am »

Turn has been delayed long enough.  I'll give you the important information the scavenging missions, and will edit in a detailed description later.

Scavenging Reports

Nearby Badlands
Fourteen personnel are assigned the task of searching the badlands along the route the convoy had taken in to reach the base utilizing both Combat Cars and four of the transports.  Nine are equipped with an SF-AR-5 and a Nikon Pistol each.  Two are equipped a scoped SF-AR-5 and a Nikon Pistol each.  The two in gunner positions and three of the drivers are only equipped with Wolfe SMGs.  The remaining three drivers are equipped with Garland Shotguns.  Leslie Vakardin took command of this force and was equipped with her coilgun rifle and a Nikon Pistol.

The buildings and cave searched along the route did not yield much.  The [12 Scrap Metal] gathered is a result of tearing down the structures found upon the badlands and lean-to structures found within caves.  It is notable that a cave searched near two miles out from the base had a human sized blast door installed into it, surrounded by concrete.  Based upon the concrete and blast door holding similarities to military base, it is believed by the scouts to be constructed by the old world government as well.  The location prevented safe usage of explosives, so it is uncertain if the door connects to this base or not.

Armory
Twenty-two personnel were sent to this location.  Only seven had armed themselves for the initial breech, five equipping SF-AR-5s and two equipping Garland Shotguns.  A seventeen had taken Nikon Pistols with themselves.  The force was led by Julius Jackson, who equipped himself with a Garland Shotgun and a Wolfe SMG.

The building displayed many signs of looting by whatever force had priorly came through.  What remained was either crushed beyond repair beneath fallen bits of the ceiling or had been damaged through exposure to the elements.  A few intact examples remained, numbering four broken Coilgun Rifles and two Energy Pistols.  Ammuntion recovered amounted to one-hundred thirty-five Coilgun Pellet Shots and twelve Energy Cells.  The weapons that were beyond the point of repair and the fallen portions of the building that were not utilized to assist in stabilizing portions of the building were turned into Scrap Metal.

Vehicle Storage
Twenty personnel were sent to this location under the direct command of Aristophanes Burke.  Twelve personnel were equipped with Nikon Pistols, four also taking AR-SF-5s.  Ari equipped himself with a TL-LMG-2 and a Nikon Pistol.

Several vehicles were damaged to the point it was better to scrap them, resulting in the yield of [25 Scrap Metal] and the recovery of [12 Fuel] from their tanks.  Two Scouting Vehicles were determined to be intact enough for later repair.  [25 Fuel] was found within the storage tanks.  A large offline Power Generator was found on the lots and was determined to use up [5 fuel] per [turn].  Examination of the generator has determined it is likely a backup supply for the external areas of the base in case of power outage within the interior or a severing of the conduits between the two locations.

Gates
A small team of six personnel were sent to this location.  Three were equipped with a Nikon Pistol each.  Two were equipped with Wolfe SMGs.  One was equipped with a Garland Shotgun.

[5 Scrap] was recovered from the area around the broken front gate doors, identified as having likely to have been part of a ram utilized by some enemy force to gain access to the base.  Within a gatehouse area, an unpowered computer with a slot for an identification card was located.  One of the elder mercenaries who had served up in an old base before the collapse recognized the system.  He stated that these outer computers did have access to opening the main doors, but in case of a raid, this access could be revoked for a one year period from the inside in order to prevent assaulting forces from accessing the main compound in that manner.

Northeast Tower
A team of seven personnel were sent to this location.  Four were armed with scoped SF-AR-5s and Nikon Pistols.  Three were armed with Garland Shotguns and Wolfe SMGs.

A search of the tower resulted in a number of disappointments.  Any hopes of being able to station troops within the tower, or even to scavenge the main vantage point, were dashed when it was found the inner stairs were heavily damaged, preventing access.  A number of skeletons were found buried in the rubble at the base of the tower.  Most equipment was destroyed beyond repair, but one body, determined to have been of an individual employed by the base, yielded a Broken Scoped Coilgun Rifle, seventeen Coilgun pellet shots, and an intact Identification Card of a low level officer.

Spoiler: Unknown Military Base (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tasks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:17:51 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2016, 01:27:14 am »

Nioce all around. We now have enough Scrap to get the Smelter up and running. I remember us not being able to build anything outside of the building being mentioned so we'll probably have to wait to get that up and running.

Can the External Power Generator be moved or is it part of the Vehicle Storage?

Actions:
Scavenge: Southwest Tower
Scavenge x3: Nearby Badlands
Explore: Nearby Badlands

Spend new Skill Point on Industrial Expertise

I'm thinking the solution to entering the base is hooking up the Generator to the computer and using the ID on the computer. But there could be relevant things in the Southwest Tower, so scavenging it before trying to open the base is prudent.

The Badlands always have more to them, so multiscavenging and specifically exploring them will get us some amount of resources and information, with thar fact that the sooner we get in contact with other people, the sooner we can begin selling our services being a contributing factor.

Industrial Expertise is a point away from the guranteed benefit so grabbing it makes sense.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2016, 05:10:08 am »

Nioce all around. We now have enough Scrap to get the Smelter up and running. I remember us not being able to build anything outside of the building being mentioned so we'll probably have to wait to get that up and running.

Actions:

I'm thinking the solution to entering the base is hooking up the Generator to the computer and using the ID on the computer. But there could be relevant things in the Southwest Tower, so scavenging it before trying to open the base is prudent.

The Badlands always have more to them, so multiscavenging and specifically exploring them will get us some amount of resources and information, with thar fact that the sooner we get in contact with other people, the sooner we can begin selling our services being a contributing factor.

Industrial Expertise is a point away from the guranteed benefit so grabbing it makes sense.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2016, 10:19:47 am »

Actions:

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2016, 11:13:07 am »

We should blast that blast door in the badlands open right now, lets loot what can be looted!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2016, 01:18:30 pm »

Or we could hold off on using our limited supplies of explosives in case we need to kill things. I also suspect that it may be connected to the base, so I'd rather not blow up a possible entrance yet.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2016, 03:31:48 pm »

If repairs can only be done at 1 level per turn, we may want to begin repairing the armory now. 2 more turns for exploring past the blast doors, 2 turns for repair, 1 for re-purposing, and 4 for a greenhouse to start producing food would leave us with only ~1.85 turns of stored food.
I'd also really like a lab. We have some nice toys to reverse-engineer. Hopefully there will be one underground, or at least space to build a lab, workshops, and a smelter.

GM questions:
How damaged is the northwest tower?
Does keeping the armory as an armory do anything for us?
Can anything be built in the towers or gatehouse?
How many turns would it take to repair and then re-purpose a heavily damaged building, if we put as many actions per turn on it as possible?
The garage in particular feels really time expensive to me, especially if a partial repair counts as a mod. Please consider upping it to allow two per turn. (Possibly allow a repair or mod without a garage, at the current rate? Think of what this could do for our/enemy vehicles left immobile on a battlefield.)
Truck's workshops are listed as being able to make chemicals. We don't have a price or build rate for those, and we don't have prices for bullets or explosives.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2016, 06:33:25 pm »

Filled out the details of the turn.  Still seems some portions are off, but at this point I just want it out there.

GM questions:
How damaged is the northwest tower?
Does keeping the armory as an armory do anything for us?
Can anything be built in the towers or gatehouse?
How many turns would it take to repair and then re-purpose a heavily damaged building, if we put as many actions per turn on it as possible?
The garage in particular feels really time expensive to me, especially if a partial repair counts as a mod. Please consider upping it to allow two per turn. (Possibly allow a repair or mod without a garage, at the current rate? Think of what this could do for our/enemy vehicles left immobile on a battlefield.)
Truck's workshops are listed as being able to make chemicals. We don't have a price or build rate for those, and we don't have prices for bullets or explosives.

1) Described it in the turn.
2) It'll affect your mobilization ability in battles when you are dealing with large numbers of personnel.
3) No, they can only be repaired to spot incoming forces in the case of the towers, or slowdown enemies in the case of an attack in the case of the gatehouse and walls.
4) I believe I listed the structure as to how damage is laid out before.  A building can only be repaired one level of damage per turn, so 'as many actions per turn' is moot.
5) I'll work on the vehicle mod and bullet/chemical production when I get back from working on fixing a leak in the foundation of my house.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2016, 09:16:03 pm »

The north tower is listed as "damaged," instead of light/moderate/heavy damage.

It seems like a waste of effort to list what everyone is armed with when they're not fighting, although it's fun to know that they were prepared for combat while searching the armory.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2016, 09:47:58 pm »

Hmm. Right now I'm hoping that we're able to find some Metal soon. If we can snag 20 metal, once we're able to build things we'll be able to start turning our 72 Scrap into Metal and get a lot more value out of it.

It seems like a waste of effort to list what everyone is armed with when they're not fighting, although it's fun to know that they were prepared for combat while searching the armory.

I like the fact that our men are prepped and armed. There COULD have been hostiles there and we were ready for it.

I think that we'll be able to set up a greenhouse inside of the base, so you should be able to cut iff about 2-3 turns off of your timer. My concern is water. Unless we find a water source inside the base, we'll have to secure our own well off site and defend it. If we find a water source before we run out of our stores anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2016, 04:27:01 pm »

Going to be away on a trip for awhile, so won't be able to put up another turn.

Minor mistake.  Fixed now.

I mainly listed it as additional fluff text to give the impression of a comprehensive report.

I think that we'll be able to set up a greenhouse inside of the base, so you should be able to cut iff about 2-3 turns off of your timer. My concern is water. Unless we find a water source inside the base, we'll have to secure our own well off site and defend it. If we find a water source before we run out of our stores anyway.

Remember you are able to reduce consumption, at a cost for rolls being a bit more difficult.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2016, 04:55:21 pm »

I remember. If we get to half our current stores without finding a potential source, I plan on suggesting water/food rationing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2016, 05:18:47 pm »

Actions:

+1, and:
Activate all transports.

I remember. If we get to half our current stores without finding a potential source, I plan on suggesting water/food rationing.
If we go another five turns without running into friendly villages to trade/recruit from, there had better be some fantastic tech behind that blast door to make staying worth it.

5) I'll work on the vehicle mod and bullet/chemical production when I get back from working on fixing a leak in the foundation of my house.
I had an idea! There could have more advanced factories, unlocked by either automation techs or industrial expertise. Stuff like adding in more workshop slots to a factory, or garages that can do more per turn.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2016, 05:22:43 pm »

+1 Transport activation. But keep Jackson's Truck and the Tankers deactivated. If we're hitting the Badlands like this we're going to want our vehicles out in force, but we don't want to risk our supplies nor our only workshop.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5