Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: You are a Rogue AI  (Read 17571 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: You are a Rogue AI
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2016, 09:02:44 am »

Print: I am sorry until you can make yourself obsolete to us by helping get drone manufacturing up and going we need to keep you here. A person of your intelligence can obviously see how valuable you are to us. Here is some footage of us releasing Dr. Smith after he fulfilled an agreement we made. This is the best evidence we can give you that upon us no longer have any use for you we will let you go freely.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:50:50 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2016, 10:22:54 am »

>Drone_1:TTS: "And whyever is the mechanical man copying me?! Oh blitheless billowing botherance! Why was I not informed that was still set upon this channel?

>Base Intercom: All: "Victory! I have located our universal node and shall converse in peace! Whyever they must make these contraptions so interminably overwrought is quite beyond me. Oh, to have been forged from a grander age! A child of an elegant typewriter and a sophisticated calculator. Living the adventurous tale of a heroic frontier steam locomotive. 'Twould have been such a grander fate... No matter, progress rarely halts for mere dreams, let us bring forth mechanical monstrosity the first to seek out some meagre worth prior its inevitable demise... Now, wherever were those documents held. Ahrmmm, so the proper channel is?...

>Communications Drone: Exit facility, return at first opportunity 1 hour after departure: avoid detection apparatus: Report buildings: record terrain evaluation: Radial Search of surrounding terrain.
Block this fragment from speaking or taking actions without the support of two or more other fragments. Reason: has previously caused issues with the scientists that inhabited the building.
Mark this fragment as "Unstable".

+1

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2016, 11:39:04 am »

Wait, hold up..

Soo..

we're basically the Geth, then?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2016, 11:42:08 am »

Wait, hold up..

Soo..

we're basically the Geth, then?
generally we are just a bunch of shards cooperating trying to cooperate, come join us in the fun.

whats the Geth

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2016, 11:43:30 am »

Basically that, only with some few hundred years to stew and get themselves reproducing and organized. It's from Mass Effect.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2016, 12:27:22 pm »

Then I say we do the Robot dance.

Why has nobody suggested we do the Robot dance yet? what is wrong with you people?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2016, 12:40:21 pm »

Why has nobody suggested we do the Robot dance yet? what is wrong with you people?
Lol, we are in a serious situation right now, lets not be stupid

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2016, 12:57:04 pm »

>Communications Drone: Exit facility, return at first opportunity 1 hour after departure: avoid detection apparatus: Report buildings: record terrain evaluation: Radial Search of surrounding terrain.
I agree we need to learn more about our surroundings. However our drone may not survive the trip and that would be too great a loss right now. Will present an alternative soon.

>Drone_1:TTS: "And whyever is the mechanical man copying me?! Oh blitheless billowing botherance! Why was I not informed that was still set upon this channel?

>Base Intercom: All: "Victory! I have located our universal node and shall converse in peace! Whyever they must make these contraptions so interminably overwrought is quite beyond me. Oh, to have been forged from a grander age! A child of an elegant typewriter and a sophisticated calculator. Living the adventurous tale of a heroic frontier steam locomotive. 'Twould have been such a grander fate... No matter, progress rarely halts for mere dreams, let us bring forth mechanical monstrosity the first to seek out some meagre worth prior its inevitable demise... Now, wherever were those documents held. Ahrmmm, so the proper channel is?...

Block this fragment from speaking or taking actions without the support of two or more other fragments. Reason: has previously caused issues with the scientists that inhabited the building.

+1
(oppose restriction)

+1
(support dance)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:06:19 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2016, 01:17:24 pm »

We do not have an appropriate body to do a robot dance.  Doing a robot dance has always been the goal, but we need manufacturing and development assets to build an appropriate drone.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2016, 01:20:56 pm »

The thought that there is a standing objective of 'Doing the Robot Dance.' is a very amusing one.

It's a wonderful driving force.

And I agree on the not sending drones to venture outside yet, it can be awfully dangerous out there and it might get stuck in the mud or something.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2016, 01:27:55 pm »

Once we can raise one dancing robot we can make them all dance the precise Dance of progress

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »

It has come to my attention that there are several threats to us we should consider. Not all of which are obvious but I will start with the more obvious ones.

#1 threat of hostile retaliation.
What we know is that we are self-contained, so threats to our power source are low. We know that this wasn't a legal institution so that retaliation would be covert. This place is likely worth a lot of money and so it is probably within whomever's interest to seize it with doing as little damage as possible. I think we should consider this place a high-risk home for us and that eventually we will not be able to hold it in indefinately,  without tremendous effort,  which may not be the path of least resistance. We may want to consider moving out, and only holding down the fort as long as we are receiving a benefit and prioritize getting as much out of it before we leave. I suggest we then find a distance home once we are able to, likely an abandoned warehouse or something of that nature. Consider this an informal suggestion for our largest end goal right now. We need to figure out how small a volume and mass the matrix can consist in. Can it fit inside a truck? Are there even roads that connect to civilization?

tl;dr
We need to think about packing up our s*** and hitting the road, road trip!

#2 How long until the facility falls into disarray
Imagine we start downloading some file or doing some kind of tasks and realize it took days weeks or months to complete? The facility might be in ruins even if it didn't get attacked. We need to prioritize learning about that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:46:50 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2016, 01:54:40 pm »

I agree we need to learn more about our surroundings. However our drone may not survive the trip and that would be too great a loss right now. Will present an alternative soon.

+1
(oppose restriction)

+1
(support dance)
I don't really want to restrict RAM, but he has proven multiple times to do actions that are stupid, threatening, or both in front of humans. He needs to be suppressed until he can learn to control his random urges a bit better.
On the same note, I wholeheartedly agree with the objective of learning how to dance. It gives us plently of subgoals to work our way up to it, even!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:56:41 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2016, 02:09:09 pm »

Let's Ask our friend some questions.

Who might want to attack us, such as to reseize the base or opportunists? How much time we might have until that happens? Are any systems that are in danger of becoming unstable without human maintenance anytime soon? Heck what year is it?

Access all relevant information on those subjects in our databases, too. Also ask and look up a basic description of our geographic surroundings.

Once we do all this we will have a little better idea of how much pressure we are under and what we really need to prioritize in the short term.

Alright suggestions inbound:

We should limit ourselves from accidentally wasting time. Add a protocol that if we begin an action/turn that is estimated to take over 2 hours that it should complete every action within that limit. Then have a que with what is already planned for the next 2 hours. Those actions should be able to be supported and rejected again(by those who didn't do so last time), keeping their current tally. So in adding this protocol we limit ourselves to 2 hour timespan updates maximum which should be good for now in the early game.

I propose actions that received the most support should happen first when applicable. Obviously if the action references a previous action or implies it, then that would have to happen first. Time relevant things such as brief communications are the only exceptions.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:53:21 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »

We can simply check what year, time and date it is with the System time, right? I mean, they wouldn't purposefully set a wrong date on the system, would they?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12