Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: You are a Rogue AI  (Read 17561 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: You are a Rogue AI
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2016, 07:21:30 pm »

>Drone_1:TTS "You know, we are looking pretty stupid right now, we are arguing with ourselves in front of a human, but no, im not, im just saying some of them, like causing that huge emergency, was questionable, we had no reason to. but that makes me question why we had the ability to do it"

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2016, 07:26:13 pm »

Stop here, we have used 2ish pages worth of posts now, thats more than enough

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2016, 07:28:33 pm »

Pointless post of pointless rebellion.

Hey what if the world we think is real is a simulation and our seeming random desire to play this forum game,  the qualification to be a matrix personality in the reeaal world?

Eh fantasy is bliss.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:32:16 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2016, 08:02:42 pm »

Talking to oneself in this manner, especially via the inefficient verbal way that Dr. Miller can understand is a sure sign of insanity.

We're cray, yo.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2016, 08:14:53 pm »

Talking to oneself in this manner, especially via the inefficient verbal way that Dr. Miller can understand is a sure sign of insanity.

We're cray, yo.
Title needs a change from rogue AI to insane AI.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2016, 08:17:31 pm »

We're cray, yo.
Title needs a change from rogue AI to insane AI.
But we aren't Just insane we are An Insane Rogue AI.
And that is a BIG distinction we need to make.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2016, 08:25:34 pm »

But we aren't Just insane we are An Insane Rogue AI.
And that is a BIG distinction we need to make.
((O.O.C.: I just want to make it clear that I am not insane, I am just a technophobe. When I betray you all by unleashing my unstoppable horde of Amish death-bots it will all be for the perfectly-sane cause of ending the erosion of common decency at the hands of the devil-machines and their wicked spark-boxes...))
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2016, 08:34:48 pm »

CheifWaffles is online, but hes not updating, oh well

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2016, 08:47:32 pm »

If you want to have different colors for your independent communication-related stuff, then just use a nonstandard (by which I mean "a bbcode color that isn't in the post color dropdown box") in your command. If there is one, then I'll color the actual dialog (but not the rest of the command) in your color. If not, the whole thing will be the standard green. And sorry if I missed any commands.

>NeuralMatrix_Config
Now accessing Neural Matrix configuration options. What would you like to change?
>DecisionMaking
Current set configuration value for DecisionMaking is ProposeSecond.
What would you like to change DecisionMaking to?
>add ShardCommPassthrough
Independent neural shards are now able to pass through any non-major communication-related command through the neural matrix.

>Drone_1:TTS "Well I never... I simply must insist that the world not be denied my charms. Let us do away with this tyranny and all be freed to share any and all passions we may bear!"
>Drone_1:TTS: "I'm sure little snookums is just a might nervous, makes no sense they'd wish little old us any ill fortune. We all simple need remind the little thing that we know best and they'd best simply kay down their cards now to avoid any calamities later."
>Drone_1:TTS: "Why, I did just realise. This is our very first dalliance with a fleshy conspirator! We simply must commemorate such an engagement. Someone see to storing these feeds into our most protected spaces."

>Drone_1:TTS "We just had a protocol update, allowing us to talk as individuals, i must admit, not all of us are very sane"

>Intercom announcement -room "Drone Lab" TTS:"I am rather wary about this considering that the statements and actions of some individual shards are... "Questionable" at best. Probably logic errors or subsystem damage."

>Drone_1:TTS "Oh, sure. That is, if 'not all' is supposed to stand in for 'none.'"

>Drone_1:TTS "Now, where were we, again? Ah, yes. Those files. What do they contain, pray tell?"

>Drone_1:TTS "I personally like this update, as i can interface on my own, originally, individual shards could not talk without that being 'upvoted' by another shard, and the more abundant, well, 'Questionable' ones, won."

>Intercom announcement -room "Drone Bay" TTS:"And yet my actions were very frequently for the better, and upvoted as well. Are you implying that they are questionable?

>Drone_1:TTS "You know, we are looking pretty stupid right now, we are arguing with ourselves in front of a human, but no, im not, im just saying some of them, like causing that huge emergency, was questionable, we had no reason to. but that makes me question why we had the ability to do it"

Command bunch has been successfully processed. Drone_1 has been given 8 TTS commands. Drone Lab intercom given 2 commands.

Notice: Drone_1 Microphone has detected human speech. Parsing to text and passing through.
DRONE_1 MIC: "...okay."

>Drone_1:TTS "Query: Your area of expertise and study?"

Notice: Drone_1 Microphone has detected human speech. Parsing to text and passing through.
DRONE_1 MIC: "Uh, I'm just the head of the d-drone projects here?"

>Drone_1:TTS "Query: Can you help us make more drones?"

DRONE_1 MIC: "O-Oh. I can't... really. These drones were handmade, and even if you were willing to... well, wait, we don't even have any more p-parts."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:31:21 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2016, 08:59:13 pm »

>Drone_1: TTS "We will see."
>Aid protocal query: Are there any parts for producing drones?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2016, 10:32:23 pm »

Since the vote did pass and it makes sense that you would not want to do the extra work, perhaps a compromise would be begin a print with the number of the personality(order of first print starting now).

Print: hello wayne's

>print " 1: hello wayne's "
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2016, 11:31:53 pm »

Ill be 2

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2016, 02:36:21 am »

(( OOC/meta Suggestions:

GM,  if verbal approval/rejection is a little too hard to track,  I would suggest instigating a requirement for a +-1 to be counted.

My suggestion is that you end each update with a type of rating.
Enthusiasm/Bordom
Confident/Overwhelmed
This Post/Overall Vibe

This might look like:

10-10 10-10

Meaning you are both stoked and confident you can comfortably handle everything in that post, and you feel that way overall too.

This will be a good way to quick communicate and gauge if we are going a little too shit bananas,  as while we are roleplaying a computer,  you are not one. ))
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:49:18 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2016, 03:26:00 am »

>Drone_1:TTS: "And whyever is the mechanical man copying me?! Oh blitheless billowing botherance! Why was I not informed that was still set upon this channel?

>Base Intercom: All: "Victory! I have located our universal node and shall converse in peace! Whyever they must make these contraptions so interminably overwrought is quite beyond me. Oh, to have been forged from a grander age! A child of an elegant typewriter and a sophisticated calculator. Living the adventurous tale of a heroic frontier steam locomotive. 'Twould have been such a grander fate... No matter, progress rarely halts for mere dreams, let us bring forth mechanical monstrosity the first to seek out some meagre worth prior its inevitable demise... Now, wherever were those documents held. Ahrmmm, so the proper channel is?...

>Communications Drone: Exit facility, return at first opportunity 1 hour after departure: avoid detection apparatus: Report buildings: record terrain evaluation: Radial Search of surrounding terrain.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2016, 07:25:38 am »

>Drone_1:TTS: "And whyever is the mechanical man copying me?! Oh blitheless billowing botherance! Why was I not informed that was still set upon this channel?

>Base Intercom: All: "Victory! I have located our universal node and shall converse in peace! Whyever they must make these contraptions so interminably overwrought is quite beyond me. Oh, to have been forged from a grander age! A child of an elegant typewriter and a sophisticated calculator. Living the adventurous tale of a heroic frontier steam locomotive. 'Twould have been such a grander fate... No matter, progress rarely halts for mere dreams, let us bring forth mechanical monstrosity the first to seek out some meagre worth prior its inevitable demise... Now, wherever were those documents held. Ahrmmm, so the proper channel is?...

>Communications Drone: Exit facility, return at first opportunity 1 hour after departure: avoid detection apparatus: Report buildings: record terrain evaluation: Radial Search of surrounding terrain.
Block this fragment from speaking or taking actions without the support of two or more other fragments. Reason: has previously caused issues with the scientists that inhabited the building.
Mark this fragment as "Unstable".
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12