Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: You'll Show Them All!  (Read 18672 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You'll Show Them All!
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2016, 10:54:36 pm »

One large mound of assorted electrical components.
About 20 robopets and 20 remote-control helicopters. We can scavenge them for parts...: Belay this order if we can print electronics...
About 50 kilograms of material for the printer.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2016, 10:22:42 am »

Then we should get quotes on lessons to take them IC. We'll be the most Renaissance mad scientist.

+1 pets. Our test subject AIs definitely use the to help develop organic life interaction skills as well as help  alleviate any mental stresses of theirs.

137,120 - 120 = 137,000
One large mound of assorted electrical components.
About 20 robopets and 20 remote-control helicopters. We can scavenge them for parts...: Belay this order if we can print electronics...
About 50 kilograms of material for the printer.

137,000 - 15,000 = 122,000

alright!
final buying done!

inventory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

you:
+2 to manufacturing(3d printer)
+3 to programming(desktop + area of expertise)

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2016, 10:57:49 am »

Alright, if we haven't already, let's take 20 of those high quality desktops and build our server farm. We want to connect it to our private network, so we can access it from our desktop any of our laptops.

Let's see, it's 2090 right? Then we should do a quick review of how AI is doing these days. Do we have broad human level AI yet? (Can a single program complete tasks to the same level as a human in a broad set of fields) If note, how close are we? What's the current stumbling block? If we do, are they common place? Do have broad superhuman AI running things?

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2016, 01:18:54 pm »

Let's see, it's 2090 right? Then we should do a quick review of how AI is doing these days. Do we have broad human level AI yet? (Can a single program complete tasks to the same level as a human in a broad set of fields) If note, how close are we? What's the current stumbling block? If we do, are they common place? Do have broad superhuman AI running things?
there is broad subhuman Ai and specific human ai

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2016, 11:05:19 am »

its been 1 day, so the most popular action is:
Alright, if we haven't already, let's take 20 of those high quality desktops and build our server farm. We want to connect it to our private network, so we can access it from our desktop any of our laptops.
1+3=4
you fail to link the computers properly, and destroy 2 in the process.

inventory:

you:
+2 to manufacturing(3d printer)
+3 to programming(desktop + area of expertise)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2016, 02:09:01 pm »

Wow. How did we fail that bad?

Go on future google, and find a tutorial on how to make your own server farm, follow that, and try again with 19 desktops.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2016, 03:01:04 pm »

Link 3 sets of two desktops together. Then give them an intranet and a bunch of random loads of coherent data to play with. Then in each set of two machines build an A.I. named one of "Destiny", "Epiphany", or "Regret" with orders to "impress the other two with your cleverness, talent, and general awesomeness" then leave them running that way in a corner. Hire some time with a top-notch machine when coding the A.I.s and programming the linkages.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2016, 03:11:21 pm »

I think "cleverness" is to undefined of a term when it comes to AI's. We need to give them a specific task, saying "who can beat it first."

Give them a soduku board and see who can solve it first, with a separate soduku program simply telling them which squares were incorrect when they submit it, so they slowly learn the rules.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2016, 03:46:35 pm »

As I can imagine Sudoku will be finished fairly quickly, I think we should make a set of different games/tasks for them to work on. Some of them are competitive, some of them are collaborative.

How about this:
Sudoku
Three player chess
Stratego
Settlers of Catan
Pandemic
Merchant of Venus

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »

That kind of defeats the purpose of creating a crazed quirky miniboss squad to add flair to our mindless automatons... Though, if we really must bring sanity into the equation, I suspect that any regimented tasks like chess will likely become pretty stale in short order and produce rather static processes. We could at least do something like "cutest kitten meme" or "get the highest and lowest prices for a single bit of random data". I also want them to be vaguely cooperative, so a scenario in which everything revolves strictly around defeating the opponent is sort of prone to producing chronic back-stabbing disorder(C.B.D.). Now, C.B.D. is entertaining in its own way, but it sort of gets irritating if it is on all the time...
Read the First Post!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2016, 04:31:47 pm »

Hence the occasional cooperative game. If our AI is subhuman broad, they need to get their baby steps, before we start throwing them into complex, real-world scenarios. I do wholeheartedly agree though, I just feel that they need some growth in a controlled environment first.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2016, 04:36:39 pm »

Go on future google, and find a tutorial on how to make your own server farm, follow that, and try again with 19 desktops.

+1 Also purchase another 25 Hi-quality desktops. Once we get the server farm up, we'll want to make smaller connections for AIs like the current discussion is about.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2016, 06:04:15 pm »

As I can imagine Sudoku will be finished fairly quickly, I think we should make a set of different games/tasks for them to work on. Some of them are competitive, some of them are collaborative.

How about this:
Sudoku
Three player chess
Stratego
Settlers of Catan
Pandemic
Merchant of Venus
Add Go to that List. (Wikipedia article for Reference -Actual Game.)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2016, 11:33:49 am »

+1 Also purchase another 25 Hi-quality desktops. Once we get the server farm up, we'll want to make smaller connections for AIs like the current discussion is about.

tutorial followed giving +1

10+4 = 14 success!

you link together the 19 computers, and manage to squeeze some more processing power out! lost 19 desktops, gained 1 high power server farm, giving +3. you also buy 25 more desktops. you have run out of food, food will be automatically purchased next turn.

inventory:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:07:56 pm by HugeNerdAndProudOfIt »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2016, 12:14:37 pm »

Make three learning broad ai (doesn't matter if they're imbeciles) on the server farm and a handler programme that feeds them information. Then set up the handler so that they can play games with each other like the suggestions above.

Ideas for names for our AI?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18