Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: You'll Show Them All!  (Read 18647 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: You'll Show Them All!
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2016, 10:47:26 pm »

We should record the AI playing each other in games, and upload it to youtube. Give it a click-baity name like: AI battles, who's smarter?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2016, 04:21:30 am »

We should record the AI playing each other in games, and upload it to youtube. Give it a click-baity name like: AI battles, who's smarter?
+1
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2016, 11:19:16 am »

+1
18+5=23
you record a bunch of footage, and using your computer skills edit it and mess around with the footage, making it extremely popular
+920$
inventory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2016, 10:39:49 pm »

Errrrgh... Way to reveal our leet haxxor A.I.s to the world...

Dissect a robopet and a helicopter and see how much spare carrying capacity it has after you combine the engines and print enlarged rotor blades.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2016, 02:14:10 pm »

Errrrgh... Way to reveal our leet haxxor A.I.s to the world...

Dissect a robopet and a helicopter and see how much spare carrying capacity it has after you combine the engines and print enlarged rotor blades.

-1 robopet
-1 helicopter
-0.5 kg of printer material

8+5=13
after combining the engines, you estimate it could carry 5kg of material.

your you-tube videos go dow in popularity slightly
+$900

the maze is completed by Valor, then mystic, and finally insight
inventory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2016, 12:20:27 am »

Achieve a zen-like state in which no sustenance is required. Install internal waste-recycling/nutrient-synthesis facilities into your physical manifestation. Research the laziest developments in cybernetic technology.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2016, 05:13:01 am »

Next step, give the AI access to some chatrooms, so they can brush up on how to talk to people. Choose ones where you can list other people as "friends" or something, and make the goal to have as many friends as possible.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2016, 08:35:40 pm »

Next step, give the AI access to some chatrooms, so they can brush up on how to talk to people. Choose ones where you can list other people as "friends" or something, and make the goal to have as many friends as possible.

Also have them continue to play games against each other. I'd also like to add Battleship to that list.

Should we consider having them play video games? We could have them play online against human opponents with the games as well, once we have the chatrooms begun.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2016, 08:44:43 pm »

For videogames lets go with Things like Starcraft two, with Valor being asigned Zerg, mystic the Terrans, and instinct the protoss.  Set them all playing Civ 5 or 6 and let them make all the decisions.  WOW may be a good choice if we want them to learn about economics.  And DF is always something your AIs should be able to play.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2016, 08:54:23 pm »

Consider that we're a few decades ahead of now and those games might be a fair bit retro at this point.

@HN&POI: What video games are running around nowadays?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2016, 09:27:17 pm »

Well I already made my contribution to the gaming future...
BlO0dcourdle SVIx: Assassin of R.P.G.s!@!%!
I figure that it is an ultraviolent transcendent metastealth game where you unmake competing software before it exists...

Can we have them play D&D? They can each have two characters. Each encounter has one D.M.ing after splitting and granting control of its characters to the others. They cycle roles after each encounter, so they are planning the next encounter as they are playing the other two's encounters... It should be a good opportunity for them to leanr basic human emotions such as revenge and sadism...
Read the First Post!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2016, 09:35:42 pm »

D&D is a good idea, but I'm hesitant on it only because I think we should let them get some more experience within structured areas before providing a rule set that inherently has infinite possibility in it. Though providing them some video games or board games of D&D likes would be a good progression upwards.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2016, 10:24:59 pm »

There seems to be consensus that they should play some games, however, please note that they can focus there entire processing power on a game and complete it ~10 times faster than a human.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2016, 01:18:19 am »

So what I'm hearing is "AI Games: Speed Runner Edition"

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2016, 11:23:45 am »

Get the AI's connected to the chats of the games it plays, so it can learn 1337.

And learn how to cuss properly.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18