Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarven Mining Company - A Dwarfy economic and capitalism simulator. (Turn 1)  (Read 13423 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Count me IN!
Name: Noland Dugris
Type: Mine
Enterprise Name: Noland Mines
Specialty: Fillibuster
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:03:55 pm by Roboson »

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent. Without any objections, the game will commence tomorrow! The game is locked against further joining unless 2 more people join by tomorrow. I don't wanna unbalance sides.

On a side note it looks like all players that selected "either" will be playing as guilds, as we already have 4 mines.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:44:19 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

I wish i may i wish i might, if i dont get in put me up next.. wow i wish i could rhyme
Name: Urist Nell
Enterprise name: Urist Rockworks
Specialty: Valuable Gems

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I'll play a guild.

Name: Barthold Quartzlegger
Type: Guild
Enterprise: The Dwarfly Quarterly (A newspaper hiring out its interns)
Specialty: Knows The Bank Manager
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool join the party!

Locked again. This time to 12 players, which also happens to be the max.

Wait, what?

I wish i may i wish i might, if i dont get in put me up next.. wow i wish i could rhyme
Name: Urist Nell
Enterprise name: Urist Rockworks
Specialty: Valuable Gems

Not a valid specialty! :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:20:03 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 1

Granite of 304. The Pillars of Ascension, on the eastern megacontinent in the Great Dominion. Recently the great Dwarven civilization of Lisidobok, has sent a great expeditionary party to the bases of these glorious and unexploited mountains to lay claim to the vast swaths of coal found previously by a smaller exploration force. The small hillocks of Akamkokeb was founded in the foothills of the mountain range.

The beauty of the mountains is thrilling, but this is no resort town. Soon taverns, general stores, wagonyards, warehouses, and brothels spring up in this frontier town, and most of the citizens here know better then to stay out on the streets at night. Soon the mining companies build offices, and the workers build camps around the outskirts of the town. This won't be easy, but the next great chapter of Dwarven history will spring up from the earth here.

Strike the Earth!

MINES:

Spoiler: Oarpaddle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peatpeak Mining (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Underground Sweatshop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noland Mines (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Urist Rockworks (click to show/hide)

GUILDS:

As for Guilds, they all start with 5 Qual 1 workers.

Spoiler: Clan Daredsson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Expendables (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Golden Hands (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Dwarfly Quarterly (click to show/hide)

Commence!

Remember you cannot upgrade your mine / set SR / buy workers once you bid on coal / food, or issue / take an offer.

Also, due to an oversight, the maximum SR is now 5. There were some logical errors with the last setup. The accident rules and disaster severeness has been updated.

- Charles Babbage

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Q: Who actually pays for the workers? it says both the guild and the mines pay in the op... Or im just being illiterate.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mines pay the guilds for the workers, who pay the wages and to hire the workers.

Anyway.

Hiring out interns. 18g per worker.
We are willing, at the moment, to reduce the price per worker by 1 gold per worker for every level of Safety Rating the Mine invests in, and will preferentially hire out to Mines with higher safety ratings. Should we find out you did not actually use that level of Safety Rating, you will no longer qualify for this offer.

Spoiler: information Page (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:26:42 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Hirin' workers fer 10g a head, willing to hire 5 at max. Qual 1 will satisfy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Peatpeak's mine is naturally the safest mine in the mountains.

Currently hiring workers at 10 gold pieces each. Safety Rating of 5.

Spoiler: Peatpeak (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:10:55 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a note.

We do have to hire new workers if you want to expand your operations, and we have to bid on food.

Hiring a new worker costs us 10g. I would...recommend...to my fellow guilds that you not hire out workers for 10g a head. Even with SR 5, that's a sizable risk.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Fair point. 12 gold per head, five workers. SR 5.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:10:40 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

manored

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven god of pointless violence
    • View Profile

>Rules say that mines should post in bold green, guilds should post in bold red.

>First guild posts in green.

>First mine posts in red.

>Second mine posts in black.

>Facepalm.

Hiring five or more qual 1 workers for 12g a head. Promised SR of 5.

In the beggining, there were the dwarves

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Rules say that mines should post in bold green, guilds should post in bold red.

>First guild posts in green.

>First mine posts in red.

>Second mine posts in black.

>Facepalm.

Hiring five or more qual 1 workers for 12g a head. Promised SR of 5.

Hehe. I don't care which is which but let's pick one or the other.

To answer a few questions I got via PM, so people with similar questions have them answered: You can upgrade your workers, it costs the difference in qual, so upgrading qual 1 to 2 would be 10 per worker. However, you may not downgrade workers.

Also one guild has already tried to bid on food, so guilds, remember you have food for free the first turn. This lets you bid after getting income. Mines have to make coal bids the first turn, but this is appropriate since they bid after paying guilds.

Q: Who actually pays for the workers? it says both the guild and the mines pay in the op... Or im just being illiterate.

Believe others have answered your question but for a super-duper official answer, guilds hire workers, who then rent them out to mines.

Also there seems to be questions regarding what to put for "gold". Gold is only officially updated at the start of each turn, so just put what it was at the beginning of the turn. Which is either 200 or 100 depending on your specialty. When you upgrade mine size you still follow the same rule, is is just assumed you actually have enough money to do so.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:43:28 pm by Vivalas »
- Charles Babbage

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9