Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds  (Read 12707 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Whispering Wraith [SG] Players can still propose a character!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 10:18:04 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whispering Wraith [SG]
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 04:55:42 am »

It is 1 g for two healing pastes, so you have 6 healing pastes and still have 2 g leftover. Also I am going to wait a bit to see if anyone else will propose another character just to be fair.

Another edit: If you plan on casting magic you must have magic focus item, the staff costs 1 g btw.
NRDL plz a read and respond to this post so that the character may be finished.

As of right now there are two submitted characters, I will list all characters (including new addition if any) later and we'll have a vote.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 05:59:27 am »

Edited. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 05:03:40 pm »

Can I join?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please correct me if I have made a mistake.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:25:27 am by vishdafish »

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 06:35:39 pm »

Your character will be on the list for the vote. Only errors I see is with melee and ranged weapon skills. You must selected a single type of melee weapon group such as swords. Same with range weapon skill.

Edit: Just changed to Ranged Weapon (Bows) and melee weapon (polarms), since Slither has those in his inventory. Also, Slither is missing his bonus 3 skill points to place in any skill as long as they are not above 2.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:59:33 am by Darth Jefe »

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 12:56:32 am »

Alright now that I am back at a computer we are going to vote for our protagonist! If there is a tie I will vote to break the tie.
Spoiler: Selathros (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jean Nosly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Slither (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:52:24 pm by Darth Jefe »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 01:16:21 am »

1 in artifice 1 in bows and 1 in athletics
Edit: btw I made the edit on my char sheet
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:26:39 am by vishdafish »

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 02:40:19 am »

1 in artifice 1 in bows and 1 in athletics
Edit: btw I made the edit on my char sheet
Made the changes.

crownclown

• Bay Watcher
  • Does Ron want to follow the butterflies now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 01:48:13 pm »

Jean Nosly +1

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 03:22:44 pm »

Jean Nosly +1.

((Did you expect bay to vote for anything other then the Kitsune~?))

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 11:47:11 pm »

Alright, our protagonist will Jean Nosly. I will be typing up the Intro and should be posting by tomorrow morning.

Edit: More likely the early afternoon is when I'll post. If there are any more changes I'll keep you'll posted.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:07:07 am by Darth Jefe »

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 02:13:47 pm »

Whispering Wraith: Chapter 1, Foggy Minds
  A calm voice in the darkness asks, “Who and what are you?”, Jean opens her mouth to speak but finds it difficult, barely managing a low studdering whisper, “Je-Jean Nos-Nosly, I-I’m a… uh..kitsu-kitsune?” Confusion causes Jean to reply with uncertainty as her memories are unclear, finally realizing her eyes are still closed she opens them, “Do you know where you are?” A bright sphere of Crimson Light (SoCL) hovers above her asks or at least she believes it is the one speaking to her, “A lost Island… per-perpetually cloaked with fog.” She replies having to pause mid sentence to catch her breath as breathing is somewhat difficult at the moment. The sphere brightens before speaking again, “Lost? Does no one remember…. remember… the name.. The name of the Island eludes me, yet I feel that I should recall more about the Island.” The SoCL becomes very dimly lit, after a minute silence it brighten up again and returns its attention back to Jean, “Who were your parents?” the light asks as it begins to circle around you. “Martin and Joann Nosly are the name of my parents, both of them are scholars and are the reason I came to the island. They had discovered old records of an uncharted island and are here as part of the expedition to study any findings.” She replies with pride in her parents’ achievement. “Oh, then it is your parents I have to thank for the present company. I have not spoken to anyone for many years. You cannot imagine the boredom I have endured over the years.” The crimson light dims before continuing his questions, “What do you see when you gaze upon me?” An odd question but Jean complies “A Sphere of Crimson Light, which fluctuates in brightness as it speaks.” The orb of light flickers, “Good to see your eyesight is working and your memories are intact.” The sphere flashes brightly and in a soothing yet mysteriously compelling voice asks, “What does your heart most desire, Jean Nosly?” the light moves closer awaiting your response, “Knowledge, growing up with scholars as parents I developed a thirst for knowledge as I would read from our personal library, especially texts regarding the arcane arts.” Jean calmly answers its question without restraint. “The pursuit of knowledge a fine aspiration, it is truth, it is power and above all it is never ending. You may live centuries pursuing knowledge and still barely scratch the surface of what can be learned.” The light speaks with conviction and great wisdom. The light moves again and begins to enter Jean’s body, a warm feeling begins to swell inside her chest, What do you fear the most? The voice asks, it seems to originate inside Jean’s thoughts, Humans… I read about their evil deeds they have committed in the name of their gods and Emperor.  Without our guidance would surely fallback to their evil ways. Jean answers the being in her head. Is that so….? I have no recollection of a war between humans and the Kitsune. Perhaps far more time has passed since… Nevermind, I’ve over indulged my curiosity. I think it is time to leave these caverns. Jean glances around no longer distracted by the Sphere of light, and observes she is in an open part of an underground cavern. The only source of light now comes from a large crack in ceiling directly above Jean. She recalls getting separated from the expedition group as they explored the island  due to the heavy fog. Then as she was searching for the group the ground gave out below her, and next thing she remembers is laying on the floor being questioned by the voice of the Sphere of Light.

Spoiler: Jean Nosly (click to show/hide)

What will she do now and what color should be her text in the future? (Cannot select white with red glow, sorry for the delay I had to do the update from my phone. I will be editing this post to add the character sheet.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:43:48 pm by Darth Jefe »

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Re: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »

How about black with red glow to match Jean's appearance?

Search around the cavern for anything useful, check how high is the crack in ceiling? Maybe we can climb back up?
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 07:22:25 pm »

((The crack is about is more than 100 ft above Jean, climbing this would be a challenging (5) difficulty.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10