Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds  (Read 12696 times)

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:01:10 am »

Whispering Wraith [SG]

It has been 147 years since the end of Humanity’s so called “Holy Crusade” against the magical races; the humans were bent on dominating all others with the goal of ruling above them as the superior race. Destruction, famine and slavery were daily occurrences during these dark times. The Claudius Empire’s armies seemed all but unstoppable until the formation of The Tera Equilibrium, the largest collaboration of magical races in the history of Dyne. With the combined might of various races the Claudius Empire was beaten back to their kingdom, and with their armies laid to waste humanity was at last forced to sign the Treaty of Equals. The treaty broke up the empire’s territories amongst the Magical Races of The Tera Equilibrium. In addition the main instigators of the war, Alexander Claudius the III (The emperor) and Isidore Midas (The High Priest) were executed along with many of their followers and family members. However, unlike their attackers, the Magical Races didn’t attempt total domination over the human race, rather granted them basic rights as citizens of the Tera Equilibrium. This had shocked the populace of the now former Claudius Empire, as they did not believe they would have been shown mercy to such a degree. Although, there were some restrictions placed upon the human populace varying amongst the different territories humans dwell in. This was to ensure there would be no uprisings in the future from supports of the Late Emperor or of the High Priest. Finally, with justice dealt and mercy bestowed the magical races began to rule over the their newly acquired lands.

“It takes a brave being to fight his enemy, it takes an even greater being to forgive his enemy.”
-Ivran Wynthana, Elven High King, Quoted from his speech during the construction of the Treaty of Equals.

“While it is true that when seeking revenge, one must dig two graves, the first for his enemy and the second being for oneself; what does one do when one’s enemy desires revenge? Does one wait for his grave to be made like a fool? Or does one take measures to insure that his enemy is unable to act out their revenge?”
-Kier Luther Nightworth, Blood Lord, Quoted from his response to Ivran’s speech, during the construction of the Treaty of Equals.

You are a descendant of one of the magical races, growing up in an era of peace and stability; however recently tensions have begun to run high as the Tera Equilibrium is being split into two groups. The first being the those who have stayed true to the accords of the Treaty. The Ivrians, named after the Late Elven High King, allow humans nearly equal rights as citizens, while on the other hand, the Congression of Magical Beings believe that humans should stay as second class citizens as they cannot be trusted with any power, as it corrupts them so easily. It is feared that the Tera Equilibrium will fall apart, and a civil war may ensue. Luckily, cooler heads have prevailed at keeping the peace between the two factions, but one can’t help but worry when it all will fall apart.
Elsewhere, just as your last breath of life was leaving your body….. a voice draws you back from the void.

“Who and what are you?”
Core Info.
Character Sheet
Item List
Misc. Info
Combat Section

“Do you know where you are?"
Long forgotten Druid Grove (Cannot select if vampire)
An ancient underground temple (Cannot select if were-kind)
The ruins of a destroyed human fort
A hidden library, located in the swamp lands (Cannot select if Dracian)
A lost island perpetually cloaked with fog (Cannot select if Ashur)
Custom (write a possible location, must be similar to those above and approved by GM)

“Who were your parents?”
1) Nobles (Characters start with an additional 10 gp. Cannot select if Ashur)
2) Merchants (Character start with 5 gp more and additional cha skill. Non-Vampires only)
3) Exiled Nobles (Vampire only, +1 difficulty and a debuff die on all cha check when dealing with other vampires, however gain a buff die to cha. checks with non-vampires)
4) Blacksmiths (+1 to artifice or a free starting weapon, must be skilled in the use of the weapon, weapon is slightly better than normal. Were-kind or Dracian only)
5) Alchemists (Characters begin with an alchemist's tip guide, granting a buff die to alchemy roll 3/day.)
6) Mages (+5 Max. Mana or +2 MT)
7) Soldiers (+5 HP, Non-Vampires only.)
8) Scholars (Gain 1/day ability to reroll a knowledge or lore check.)
?) Custom (Must be approved by GM, cannot boost main stats.)

“What do you see when you gaze upon me?”
A) An elven mage clad in an elegant robe, the figure is translucent with silver outline that shape the elf.
B) A faceless specter cloaked in a scarlet robe, which blood drips from the robes, the blood droplets dissipate before reaching the floor leaving no trace.
C) A black and yellow spider, about 2 feet in diameter, with a pattern on the spider’s abdomen that resembles a face.
D) A Sphere of {Insert color} light, which fluctuates in brightness as it speaks.

“What does your heart most desire?”
This is subject to change as the story progresses. Must be confirmed by GM.

“What do you fear the most?”
Must be must be confirmed by GM as an acceptable fear.

This is my first suggestion game so it will be trial and error and is subject to change if I feel I need to balance the game, I will inform everyone beforehand. Feel free to ask questions.
Spoiler: Selection Rules (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:53:40 pm by Darth Jefe »

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whispering Wraith [SG]
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 06:01:39 am »

Protagonist: Jean Nosly
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:53:39 am by Darth Jefe »

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 06:01:58 am »

Reserved

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 06:24:57 am »

This...is a really complicated ruleset for a suggestion game.  Honestly this would be a really good setup for multiple players.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This alright?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:59:17 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 12:34:35 pm »

PTW.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:43:19 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 12:47:52 pm »

This...is a really complicated ruleset for a suggestion game.  Honestly this would be a really good setup for multiple players.

This alright?
+1, but replace Knowledge (Magical Beings) with Artifice.

Also, in response to the questions in the OP:
Library
A
Peace
Death
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »

@NRDL: Close. You have one more attribute point to spend (3 free points, -1 Might, +1 Int, 1 point needs to be spent on Might to bring it to 1) and 0 might skills, 2 Agility skills, 4 Int skills, 3 wisdom skills, 0 sly skill, and 1 cha skill to distribute. So you could have Artifice 2 and Know (MBs) 2.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 01:48:18 pm »

@NRDL: Close. You have one more attribute point to spend (3 free points, -1 Might, +1 Int, 1 point needs to be spent on Might to bring it to 1) and 0 might skills, 2 Agility skills, 4 Int skills, 3 wisdom skills, 0 sly skill, and 1 cha skill to distribute. So you could have Artifice 2 and Know (MBs) 2.
This needs to be added before it is ready to go.
Also I as NRDL stated this game does have a lot of rules for SG as this a trial run for the ruleset. I felt if there were multiple characters balancing issue would be harder to address. Once the game gets on the way the rules become much more clearer.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 01:50:49 pm »

This alright?
+1, but replace Knowledge (Magical Beings) with Artifice.

Also, in response to the questions in the OP:
Library
A
Peace
Death
Also these valid responses to questions, if want to select these for the character.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 04:41:27 pm »

Has anyone been having trouble getting on Bay 12 just recently?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 05:02:28 pm »

Has anyone been having trouble getting on Bay 12 just recently?
Yup. It's fixed now, though. It was probably some sort of maintenance thing.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 05:17:06 pm »

Edited my suggested sheet, I didn't think our guy was allowed to get that many skills at the beginning.  If I messed something up, feel free to quote and edit as you please.  Also, +1 to ATHATH's answers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 05:46:04 pm »

It is 1 g for two healing pastes, so you have 6 healing pastes and still have 2 g leftover. Also I am going to wait a bit to see if anyone else will propose another character just to be fair.

Another edit: If you plan on casting magic you must have magic focus item, the staff costs 1 g btw.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 07:18:22 pm by Darth Jefe »

crownclown

• Bay Watcher
  • Does Ron want to follow the butterflies now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 07:21:09 pm »

Here's my character!
Spoiler: Jean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Answers (click to show/hide)

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »

Here's my character!
Spoiler: Jean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Answers (click to show/hide)

No problems with the character, still waiting until tomorrow before selecting just in case there are any others posted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10