Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ARMOK'S PLAY "Game of thrones"-style game (sorry about some russians liters)  (Read 5881 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Summer, statements/Session/Exam passed,it's rainy outdoor(or not?) ...
What about succession game, Beards?
The idea came up after talking with George Martin's fans.
Just for sure - I'm not one of them, but the idea looking quite good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Normal power struggle is almost impossible to organize in DF - too many bugs in this area, social interaction are implicitly and spelled out very crooked, especially for adventurers.

BUT!
To win back the struggle for power in the spirit of "Song of Ice and Fire", just for the lulz - is quite real, and quite funny (checked out locally and with friends)

The main point:
- Meaningless death as usual. Well, as always) Every main character can die in stupid situation. You was a king - you killed in a hunt. Heh.
- A desperate struggle for power among the dwarves, while the "Other" - in this case, goblins and zombies, hehe ... march around the world, destroying everything in its path
- Tag"Ours" dwarves with your "clan name". In addition to tag all of the dwarves, whose parents are unknown (like "Snow", "Flovers" etc, but - as desired by selecting the name of bastards "their" clan)
- By the way, the fact that you can now choose the logo - a very timely innovation!

"General" rule:
Any action should lead to the most bizarre of unexpected possibilities of development of the "plot" ...
Your fortress visited by adventurer of enemy clan?
Make him your soldier, roleplay a betrayal! Or throw him off a cliff? Pour the magma? Making the work mylovar? Put him into Library-"prison" and make them write poetry, dedicated to freedom?
Role-playing murder - is well, manchkin-style "killing everything alive and came as strong as possible without any plot" - not very.

Well, role-playing of any "Boltons", "Freys" and others - nobody forbids. But without fanaticism. I meant, your character can be really bad person, but not be too serios with it.
For example, you can create a vampire necromancer and start to cut the world ... But the second or third player in a row to do so it is not the same, you see? Where fun and role-playing to go "against the system" and create for an instance the bard, who will sing a song about the atrocities of the undead armies. In general, the main goal - to go down in history in one role or another, the power to quickly end :)

Postscriptum, or that there is such a fine.
Most played at most once in the same world, but in vain.
According to my observations, the more you play in the same world, the more "alive" this world. So you want to find out where this process limit.

Oh, and last but not least! 64-bit version removes ex lags associated with a lot of castles, so FPS will not be harmed.

Detailed study of the rules, the choice of map - with your active participation, bearded, all offers will be considered

Oh, and about the audience participation.
In addition, it is possible to take part, playing the role of the adventurer or the creator of the fortress, one can choose his dwarf to ask to him as a specially called, and follow the game "on its face" - (the classic community games on the bay), throw requests for players , vote in polls and much more!

Post PostScriptum
Oh yes, about some issues.
Firstly i started this game in russian DF group(now in sucession game want to play about ten-fithteen members)
But I'd love to play it here to. The espesial point of this game is that here needed as much players, as it possible.
That we can do.
1.We can run game here as separate game.
2.We can try to run it in two forums at the same time. I will try to translate <--> beetvween main events.
Probadly this variant much more intresting - we will have a lot of player-maden events, that your(or them) don't know, so here will be more mystery. As i think it's addition point to the game. So, whats your opinion, bearded?
WORLD IS HERE
OKEY, I JUST CREATED A WORLD

Reports, that not translated yet,  will be stored here, too. I hope no one will object
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:26:46 am by Heretic »

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARMOK'S PLAY "Game of thrones"-style succession game
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 03:16:36 am »

Turn queue:
1.Grigorii Suslenko
2. Alexander Shigol
3. Ilia Gonharow
4. Dmitrii Rodin
5. Easter Rabbit
6. ZM5
Report part1
Report part2
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 04:55:04 am by Heretic »

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 03:20:38 am »

The issues to discuss:
1. Map Size
- Likely the Small - More FPS, and the players more chances to face with other characters.
2. History lenght
-by my opinion 25-100 years, otherwise it will be a lot of events without any players
3. Disable Boogeymans?
-I believe, we shoul turn them for making game simply for noob-adventurers, and  removes the exploit for the profi players, that farm skills with them, and indeed the Boogeyman does not need,cause we do not want to have "surival in the forest"-game, we wanr to have some storyline.)
4. The level of the hero?
-Demigod, because the peasants - this is stupid "to use 100500 macros" to become a demigod.
5. Limit the population and sieges
- different players have different computers so you can put different limits of the population but if the limit is X dwarves, then at least 3X the attackers and X monsters

OKEY, I JUST CREATED A WORLD
It's looking really diversified, here is really evil sea, good westland, some elves, dwarves and a lot of humans(their cities now is most intresting sites for adventurers, i think. And also, here are  some  necro towers!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:22:12 am by Heretic »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 04:08:35 am »

So... It's a succession fort with unexpected consuquences, lots of roleplaying, death, doom, destruction, and a large power struggle.

If so, I would like a turn, a swordsdorf called imic of clan greymane, and... I think that we should embark in a mauntain. Because that's extra dorfy, and would be the perfect place for a dwarven power - struggle.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 04:12:38 am »

It's not just a fort... it's full-world game. You can create your character as adventure on your turn.
This game not about ONE fort.
You can create your own, continye old fort, create adventurer and role-paly some roles...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 04:23:21 am »

I'll take a turn.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 04:51:38 am »

I'll take an adventurer turn. Not sure what type of character I'm gonna roleplay but we'll see once the game actually starts.

kdeathlord1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 05:01:56 am »

I'll probably end up playing a bard or something, though I don't really understand the OP, it looks like it was run through google translate from like, finnish.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 05:06:24 am »

Heh, your right. But it was translated from russian, and by me, not by Google... If you can ask about parts you missunderstand, i will try to correct it.

kdeathlord1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 05:48:03 am »

Heh, your right. But it was translated from russian, and by me, not by Google... If you can ask about parts you missunderstand, i will try to correct it.
Oh, okay, after a couple re-readings, I feel like I understand it enough.

Mahdarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 08:51:58 am »

I'll take an adventurer turn.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 09:29:49 am »

Okey)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 01:40:04 pm »

I'll build a fort.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 03:14:56 pm »

Ok, probably tomorrow at 17 GMT or close to that, save will be free for everyone, who  able ends his turn until Monday.
Now some russian players make their turnes. Reports - tomorrow.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 10:28:01 am »

First player, Grigorii, created clan "Odur okir" and built first castle.
But his netbook was too slow and he played only one ingame year. Heh. Undead were the only intresting thing that happened.
So, next player, Alexander start his turn in fortress of Odur okir as adventurer...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4