Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ARMOK'S PLAY "Game of thrones"-style game (sorry about some russians liters)  (Read 5868 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARMOK'S PLAY "Game of thrones"-style succession game now ILLUSTRATED
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 10:41:48 am »

Ilia Gonharov's report.
In the year 125 unrest  broke out. In the young fortress, founded by expedition from mountain home, accomplished dastardly murder of heading, and the killer successfully fled. Chaos began, and everyone realized, that this fort is close to it's fall. That is why His Majesty of Mountaines has decided to send a new expedition, but with a specific task.
Urist Isonkatten will heading this squad, one of the greatest masters of the Mountain House. The king commanded to Isonkattenu  create an armory - pearl of the drawen world, a place where masters would forge blades, which would destroy the dragons, plunge dastardly goblins and vain elves in  tremulous fear before the power of the dwarven genius of piedmont artisans.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, the wagon with dwarves, food and other necessities has arrived. "Ohh, it's too hot here!" - Isonkatten thought, stepping on hard red sand, together with his comrades.
- Here are only a few trees, we do not have enough to make furnace! - all were indignant.
- Quiet! Here is enough for smelting swords! We do not need soft beds! Aree we the dwarves? or elves? - roared Urist.
Miners at this time have already begun to dig a passage to the future castle. Sweat was poured in huge amounts.

A few months later some figures flashed on the horizon... by swayed of a violent heat air it was impossible to figure out who it is... Dwarves did not expect it and have already begun to block the passage, hoping to wait out the trouble, when suddenly discerned purely dwarven beards.
Strangers come to the stairs leading to the castle.
- Armok's blesses for you! What is this place ?
- This fort Isonkatten's clan. Who you are?
- We ran from the fort of Clan Odur Okir.
This was unexpected. Miner led them into the dining room, fed them plump helmet's wine and they recovered from suffering a of transition, described the chaos going on in their castle. The murder of the leader was a heavy blow for all, a few days all the work stood idle until dwarves buried him.
A few cheeky immediately declared themselves the new leaders, the population was divided and began strife, skirmishes and constant abuse. Deciding not to wait for the carnage that was inevitable, more prudent collected meager belongings and left the castle.
It is already late autumn, but the metal still not produced for a variety of other things. It established a small farm and built a level workshops, with some stockpiles.

Now here is big wave of migrants. Things going too bad in Odur Okir's clan

The last report. Fortress looks close to death. All the trees cuttes down, new does not grow, here is too hoooot the first rain will turn all living creatures in the steaming beef. We can't find any coal. We can't defend ourselves against hordes of zombies, we have not enough traps and weapons. A single siege deprive our trade. The cave does not break due to lack of soldiers.
This outpost was doomed from the start. It is the end of my journal.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:51:16 am by Heretic »

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 10:59:46 am »

Dmitrii Rodin's report.

Trees - the enemies of dwarves. They catch them with their branches and dragged to the very top, where they die of thirst. Clan of "Red Levers" will put an end to it. We will cut all the trees and protect our world.
This dwarf... Just... Is he DWARF?
I find a cave fool of water!
THE TROLL
was killed by single miner.
Elves has come...
I wish you die, you bastards!
So, finally:
1) built the wall of wood and ice
2) found the entrance to the cave
3) angered the elves

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 11:25:30 am »

Easter rabbit's report:
So, seven brave dwarves lit a dream to create the greatest clan in dwarven history and subjugate the northern lands. They chose his clan proud name "The Eternal Flikering Ice Star Mightness", and began to call themselves "Frosty souls". The purpose of their trip was the Mountain Splattered Barb in the northwest. There they planned to establish a stronghold, from which, subsequently, will begin expansion to the north.

A diary of Sigun Lularfeb the Frosty Soul.

The expedition to the Jag.
Composition:
Kol Gishdistunol Thocitakrul - the Frosty Soul - miner
Unib Gishdistunol Rurlorbam - Unibit Sample-Bega (Runstandard) from the Frost Soul - miner
Sigun Gishdistunol Lulȃrfeb - Sigong Durable-Boom (Rootedarrow) from the Frost Soul - miner and leader of the expedition
Tosid Gishdistunol Talenlogem - Tosid Paints drum (Drumpaints) from the Frost Soul - woodcutter, carpenter
Sakzul Gishdistunol Isonfeb - (Plannedarrows) from the Frost Soul - axemen, woodcutter, carpenter
Stinthad Gishdistunol Othdukèrith - (Momentlabored) from the Frost Soul - engraver
Meng Gishdistunol Eribetost - (Gorgecontained) from the Frost Soul - swordsman

Slate 28, year 127, mid-spring.

So we came to the Jag. Not to say that I was expecting to do that, but it looks quite good. According to the map, it had to be majestic peaks. Well, the reality rarely coincides with the expectations.
We slowly remove the sandy slopes to bare rock, and chop trees. I'm busy planning the interior. I feel it will be difficult. But we Boogeyman take me - we are Frosty Souls! We have to cope with.

Felsites 16, year 127, late spring.

Things are bad. Sand is very, very much. It seems that you have to dig into the ground. Well, do not get used.

Felsites 27, year 127, late spring.

Digging deeper into the mountains. Inside is just hard rock interspersed with amethyst and tetrahedrite. My pick is singing, biting into the stone, and I am fully satisfied with the work. I pray Datanu to it lasted at further.

4 hematite, year 127, early summer.

We start to dig Trade Area. Maybe elf comes caravan. Not that we need these sissy tree-lovers, but on the other hand, they have a fruit - provisions we could use.

17 hematite, year 127 , early summer.

Finally we started to build a trading post and started digging the first storages. I need to decide where to place bedrooms. And it should already think about the barracks.

24 hematite,  year 127, early summer.

We transfer the food to underground storage. I feel exhilarated. Definitely, it goes uphill.

Malachite 3, year 127, the middle of summer.

I get drunk, and work, work and get drunk. Mark bedrooms. Not to say that I really like, but what to do. What I like a lot less, so drink it straight from the barrel.

Really hope the arrival of migrants. Our clan is definitely has not enough hands.

7 Malachite, year 127, the middle of summer.

Migrants are here. I'm make census and registration.
Heh, one from unsucessful fortress of unlucky Odur Okir clan...
And... nice... i have problem, how to registrate this child?
Like Odur Okir? or like from my own clan?
Althow, it's the end of turn.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:37:57 am by Heretic »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 11:33:40 am »

Gonna claim it, then.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: ARMOK'S PLAY "Game of thrones"-style succession game now ON BAY
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 12:44:39 pm »

I'm next. No buts.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2016, 12:57:57 pm »

Alright, haven't done anything interesting yet so its fine - was thinking we were going "first come, first serve" with the save files, though?

In any case - I'd request for Heretic to put a strict turnlist in the OP or something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:04:43 pm by ZM5 »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:50 pm »

Wonderful idea. Although, i meant that i would have a go after you, not now. Soz.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2016, 01:37:30 pm »

Heh... you have no more than 24 hours to end your turn. And don't forget about names.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2016, 01:59:56 pm »

24 hours! No no no no no no no. This is not sparkgear. Three days. Two at the least.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2016, 04:04:19 pm »

This is Game of Thrones style.  You have one chapter to move the plot by introducing someone or finishing someone!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2016, 05:50:47 pm »

Wonderful idea. Although, i meant that i would have a go after you, not now. Soz.

Oh, ok. As they say, "What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

So, I made an adventurer like I said.

Personal Diary of Zann Darkiron, High Priest of Os Searchcastle the Absolute Power
1st of Opal, year 128
Tonight...was strange. I swear, I was given a vision by Os Searchcastle - it was too...lucid, too real, to have been a mere dream.

It would be impossible for me to describe it in detail, it was beyond comprehension - however, when I woke up, it was as though I understood everything - the dwarven clans must be destroyed. Dwarvenkind has suffered enough throughout its history - if the constant raids from goblin scum weren't enough, the clan leaders are also more interested in seeing who can claim more land and steal the most riches. They all must be wiped out.

If the other dwarves knew what I'm about to do, they would have me killed, for sure...So, I'm enlisting the aid of some human mercenaries instead. They'll do anything as long as the pay is good, and I have more than enough gold to pay them off.

Even with their help, it would not be enough to take on the clans head-on. No, I must devise a plan. I shall build an outpost, recruit more followers. Then, I shall attempt to cause open war between the two clans - once one clan destroys the other, my own followers will strike down what remains of the remaining, weakened one.
2nd of Opal, 128
I found a great spot near the elven forest retreat of Clubsung - plenty of trees for lumber, lots of wildlife to hunt for food. The only problem is the arrogant wretches nearby. If they notice their beloved trees going missing, they might try to start a fight with us. Elves aren't particularly known for their advanced weaponry, however it would still be prudent to strike at them before they can try to stop us.
27th of Opal, 128

It is finally done - after several weeks of hard labour, we managed to build a small outpost. I do have plans to eventually expand it, in preparation for new recruits. Regardless, for now I will have to preemptively strike at the elves in Clubsung - the lack of reaction in the past few weeks is troubling.

This was...definitely not expected. The forest retreat was almost devoid of actual elves - only stray animals remained. An unholy abomination was seeking to make them, and us, it's meal. The brute actually knocked over a tree some of the animals were hiding on!

I almost didn't notice it turning it's attention to us, due to the dust - it tried to bite me in the head, and while I avoided most of the damage, the brute still hit me in the teeth with its head. I'll take a few missing teeth over being dead.

I hacked at the abberation with my axe - the beast was surprisingly fast for it's size. It managed to strike at my foot hard enough to knock me over - I thought I was going to die there.

Os Searchcastle had me in His grace, however, and sent forth a guardian to distract the wretch - it must have been quite a strong hit, for the creature fell over, having seemingly lost control of its leg.

It still flailed around, managing to bend one of the human hireling's legs at an unnatural angle - I took this opportunity to hack at it's neck, with the blow leaving my axe stuck in the wound. It appeared that at this point the freak's body went almost completely limp - it was still struggling for breath, making a ghastly gasping noise.

I struck the beast once more, this time in the head, and completely split it in twain. I felt relief, not only having smitten a servant of evil, thus proving my worth to eternal, glorious Os, but also because I knew I wouldn't have to deal with the elves anytime soon.

At that point, we returned to our outpost. It was time to rest - I shall continue my sacred mission once I recover my strength.

OOC: Alright, took me a bit longer than I wanted to. I'll continue in a few hours, since it's after midnight my side and I really should be getting some sleep for tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2016, 02:36:41 am »

1st of Obsidian, 128

I've recruited more mercenaries and expanded the dormitories. Our force is sizable enough to defend the outpost properly, should anything go wrong - it is time to finally embark on our mission.
3rd of Obsidian, 128

The mercenaries waited while I snuck into one of the clan dwellings - Inktrenches, it was called.

I snuck up to an official-looking dwarf, and I chopped one of his feet off so he wouldn't be able to run. Then I decapitated him, and tore a scrap out of my own clothing, which bore the insignia of Northhope the First Citadel - my former home. Left it near the body - once the other members of this clan find the cloth scrap near the dwarf's dead body, it should be enough to draw them into conflict with the other clan - perhaps it would be enough to sow distrust and dissent among the dwarves of Odur Okir, who tried to improve their relations with Northhope, shortly before I left.

I took some of the dead dwarf's clothing, and put it on. Only one thing left to do.
4th of Obsidian, 128
We reached Northhope at night. Once again, I told the mercenaries to wait for me outside.

It appeared most of the dwarves here were asleep and inside the citadel itself, which was locked - for whatever reason, a little girl was outside at this hour, playing alone in the snow.

As much as I didn't want to, some...force, beyond my control...compelled me to decapitate her - may Os forgive me for this grave sin, but it must have been done. I eventually regained my composure and left the tattered scrap of cloth I took from Inktrenches noble near the child's body.

I left for my outpost, still in disbelief over what I've done. But...it is a burden I must bear, if dwarvenkind is to regain it's strength and dignity. The only thing I can do for now is wait and see what comes of all this.

Alright, I'm done, here's the save.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62904003/region%202.rar

Hope you guys enjoyed.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2016, 04:46:48 am »

This is Game of Thrones style.  You have one chapter to move the plot by introducing someone or finishing someone!
Yes, understand the point.
If everyone else want to have turn - save is free to claim now for another 24 hours. Just don't forget about rules.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2016, 07:14:06 am »

Ohp, never mind, busy. Made nice pottery, though!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4