Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391898 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #11220 on: November 10, 2016, 01:58:52 am »

The Dems have managed the absolute achievement of simultaneously alienating both left and center.

Meanwhile Trump has just managed this transcendent form of bigotry that allows everybody to write their own perception of what Enemy he intends to fuck for them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: November 10, 2016, 02:17:57 am »

Another look at the 4chan stuff: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/11/09/we-actually-elected-a-meme-as-president-how-4chan-celebrated-trumps-victory/

Though it mentions their weird "send energy here" stuff, it misses that they were also running a crazy amount of footwork and memework.

25.6% voted Clinton, 25.5% voted Trump, 1.7% Johnson, 46.9% didn't vote.

231,556,622 Eligible, neither candidate got as many votes as McCain or Romney did when they lost to Obama.

All those fuckers out there protesting, I get it, really, shit sucks, I try not to think about the Supreme Court situation cause it's so fucking depressing, but where the fuck was this energy yesterday? I mean besides the folks who simply weren't able to actually vote but wanted to, of course.

Incidentally, Gabbard/O'Malley (maybe Webb but he's old) 2020 yo. A fresh, sane, clean cut young woman who happens to be a fucking Army Major who's damn sick of our soldiers getting shot up, and a well liked Mayor/Governor from up in New England with a nice lack of baggage who isn't old as balls like Webb, though Webb would make it a double vet ticket since he was a Captain in the Marines back in Vietnam.

The whole "anybody wanna buy a glass ceiling? still mint-in-box" thing probably makes them too leery to run Gabbard though, and she was only just barely eligible this year but if they played it smart and managed to find a route to roll her service into getting the military support on top of the younger broader appeal, she can tap into the minority vote as a Samoan, and pick up the torch for Hillary without the baggage (worst thing I can see is that she picked up anti-gay marriage positions from her dad before realizing it was fucked up for government to step into personal lives like that), pull in Sanders voters (she was technically his VP pick on the write-in ticket), and had the guts to stand up when this goddamn man-tear inspiring heroic motherfucker passed away and say she was ready to take over his seat for him. She might have had the time invested in office to do it if she hadn't volunteered twice to serve in the Middle East.

Why were we looking at all these dusty old fuckers again? Fuck, I guess keeping her out of the cycle this time was a good move since she won't have all the stink on her.

Not all nations enumerate the same way.

And when did you guys invade my body?
It's cozy in here once you feng shui the kidneys and lungs and whatnot properly, I'm gonna hang in here for a while til shit blows over maybe?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11222 on: November 10, 2016, 02:26:52 am »

Also, in a leaked email, Gabbard apparently got told off by the DNC for supporting Bernie instead of Hillary.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: November 10, 2016, 02:58:12 am »

That too! Also, dammit do I get all misty eyed reading about Inouye, straight up action hero stuff, getting pinned down by machine guns, shot in the gut, taking out one nest with grenades and his tommy gun, refusing treatment and leading his men to take out the second one before passing out from blood loss, then waking up while his squad distracted the third gunner, crawling over and getting ready to nade it only to get shot and end up losing his arm, leading him to pry the grenade he was gonna throw out of his own hand while the other guy reloaded, took out the last nest with it, and continued to pin them down shooting one-handed before finally getting shot in the leg and tumbling down a ravine where his men were able to catch up to him and carry him away as he ordered them to get back in position.

"Nobody called off the war!"

Metal as fuck.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11224 on: November 10, 2016, 03:05:07 am »

This all ties into what I was saying a while back about labeling those who disagree with you as "wrongthinkers" a while ago and dismissing their actual concerns and interests, instead of trying to understand where they're coming from. I recall maybe 1-2 people got defensive back then saying there was nothing needing to be understood or analyzed, they were merely wrongthinking wrongthinkers. Well, we see now how offhand dismissal of a large proportion of the population as just idiots if they don't favor the same exact candidate is working for you.

But still, there is an undercurrent of "we just have to wait for the wrongthinkers to die off, then rightthinking will rule by fiat", which is more or less verbatim what some bay12er suggested as the fix here: the wrongthinkers are old, the rightthinkers are young, therefore the rightthinking young people have their finger on the "pulse of truth". Except if they're berniebros in which case their youth is a liiablity and proof they lack wisdom of the ages.

Michael Moore was spot on with this election. I'm wondering now whether the polling systems themselves might have inherent biases in them which under-estimated the votes of disenfranchised economic classes.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:17:08 am by Reelya »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: November 10, 2016, 04:14:00 am »

[removed by moi]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:18:58 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: November 10, 2016, 04:15:39 am »

Y'know as someone who didn't vote... it's not really Trump I'm worried about. Frankly, it's Mike Pence--he's one scary Nazi-esque motherfucker.

... I really hope Trump doesn't get assassinated or anything.
Perhaps this is why he chose Pence.

He's played us all for fools.

His trump card makes him unassassinate-able and unimpeachable.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: November 10, 2016, 04:18:41 am »

Looking back on it, and this has already been explained by others, but I can't really be surprised in hindsight that Hillary lost. Trump ran basically the exact 'type' of campaign Obama did in 2008 when he bulldozed the fuck over Hillary, and for all the hyperbole about her being a robot or a lizard person or whatever, she's not exactly the most flexible person in regard to tactics of that sort. She lost then, she lost now. This is basically the 'Yes We Can' thing all over again, only approaching the other side of the spectrum.

With far less checks and balances due to the whole majority in the House and Senate thing, though I'd be severely disappointed if the Democrats don't at least try to cockblock Trump at every turn like the Republicans did for the past 8 years.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: November 10, 2016, 04:28:52 am »

Looking back on it, and this has already been explained by others, but I can't really be surprised in hindsight that Hillary lost. Trump ran basically the exact 'type' of campaign Obama did in 2008 when he bulldozed the fuck over Hillary, and for all the hyperbole about her being a robot or a lizard person or whatever, she's not exactly the most flexible person in regard to tactics of that sort. She lost then, she lost now. This is basically the 'Yes We Can' thing all over again, only approaching the other side of the spectrum.

With far less checks and balances due to the whole majority in the House and Senate thing, though I'd be severely disappointed if the Democrats don't at least try to cockblock Trump at every turn like the Republicans did for the past 8 years.

Don't say that before you see what he tries to actually put through.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: November 10, 2016, 04:31:17 am »

Don't say that before you see what he tries to actually put through.
Fair point, disappointed is the wrong word to use there. More ... confused, I'd say. That's kinda what whichever party's in the minority seems to do in my piddling time observing American politics. It'd be unexpected if they didn't do that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: November 10, 2016, 04:51:53 am »

The Dems have managed the absolute achievement of simultaneously alienating both left and center.

Meanwhile Trump has just managed this transcendent form of bigotry that allows everybody to write their own perception of what Enemy he intends to fuck for them.

I find it funny how everyone is saying Clinton/Democrats alienated everyone while they won the popular vote.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: November 10, 2016, 04:53:34 am »

Do note again that the last three elections were like:

So, yeah, when people talk about how nobody liked either choice, they really meant nobody liked either choice.

@Antioch by the skin of her freaking teeth, like 29.6% vs 29.5% with 46.9% not voting.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: November 10, 2016, 05:07:51 am »

Do note again that the last three elections were like:

So, yeah, when people talk about how nobody liked either choice, they really meant nobody liked either choice.

@Antioch by the skin of her freaking teeth, like 29.6% vs 29.5% with 46.9% not voting.

Well that's a rather misleading graph, I see Clinton getting around 10% fewer votes than Obama in 2012.

Which is of course a difference, but not nearly as large as that graph makes it look like with it's creative y axis.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: November 10, 2016, 05:17:00 am »

Ruskie here.

You know, what concerns me the most? The very distinct lack of acceptance, and, what's more important, political consensus in the USA. I was surprised to see people talking about migration, rioting or starting a literal civil war of cesession over a person who hasn't done ANYTHING yet. And, in my humble opinion, few, if any social archievements of Obama would be rolled back any soon.

Just look at you people. You despise your fellow citizens, look down on them, you do not even associate with them. You think they are dumb. Some would say you are equally as dumb.

If anything bad happened, it was only your fault. You enjoyed your relative well-being while others did not. You let you government wage foregn wars but protested against conscription because it would drag you out of your warm bed. Think about it - you and your Trump-voting neighbor are one. You must admit it. He probably has the same level of intelligence. You do not chimp out, you start a dialogue.

Seriously, I am a liberal. But I don't understand all the fear and whining in the Internet. Of course, the elections campain were a massive acidic shit-fest, but honestly, I won't judge those two by a campain - both were equally disgusting. Let's see what the actual policies would be.

Also, please don't talk about racism if you enjoy marvel movies.

EDIT: Democrats should have really targeted the republican electorate. That was so stupid of them to ignore "rednecks" as if they did not exist.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:34:30 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: November 10, 2016, 05:40:38 am »

What I find interesting is how different the results would have been if everyone voted.

Mind you... I actually support the right not to vote... the fact that hardly anyone voted suggests just how terrible this election was overall.

Seriously, I am a liberal. But I don't understand all the fear and whining in the Internet.

Because people have spent decades trying to push America up a steep cliff and have finally gone somewhere.

Then in one election all that is at risk... and not in a vague "He might do it" in a "He said he would" way.
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1249