Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393226 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #11040 on: November 09, 2016, 05:08:51 pm »

Dems should have run Bob the Builder.

Okay, here's the President Donald Trump's (brrr) 100-day plan for what he wants to do.

Big stuff includes repealing Obamacare and replacing it with something called "National Health Account". Also repealing every "unconstitutional" executive order issued by Obama. And, of course, the wall. Can't forget the wall.

Of note: no mention of anti-LGBT or pro-Evangelical measures. Hopefully it'll stay that way. (Hope for Trump? what the fuck has happened)
Woah some of those are very vague. Especially that last one. 'Drain the swamp'? The fuck does that even mean?

It's probably a reference to his penis.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: November 09, 2016, 05:09:42 pm »

A man who wants to enforce Creationism in schools is now the Vice President-Elect, by the way. I thought that fucking debate was dead and gone, but here we are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: November 09, 2016, 05:09:47 pm »

I meant the fresh gash that's been opened up, let alone the ones that led up to this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: November 09, 2016, 05:11:23 pm »

Ohhhhh I've found some potentially really good news for future elections!

Maine just passed a referendum to change their voting system from first-past-the-post to a ranked-choice voting!

First stone on the road to viable third-parties?
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: November 09, 2016, 05:12:22 pm »

Okay, here's the President Donald Trump's (brrr) 100-day plan for what he wants to do.

Big stuff includes repealing Obamacare and replacing it with something called "National Health Account". Also repealing every "unconstitutional" executive order issued by Obama. And, of course, the wall. Can't forget the wall.

Of note: no mention of anti-LGBT or pro-Evangelical measures. Hopefully it'll stay that way. (Hope for Trump? what the fuck has happened)

Some of those points....I would actually support. Some of them are just plain stupid though. "For every new Federal regulation, two must be abolished." Lol. 4th grade arithmetic solutions.
Some look more reasonable than they are, heh. Most of it is unsurprisingly lacking in anything approaching detail. There's also definitely anti-LGBT and pro-evangelical stuff, though. The executive orders and SCOTUS bit are both going to impact on those fronts, the latter probably very, very hard. Educational on the latter as well... both, really, but the religious nut side of things have been trying to dig into that side of things more than the anti-lgbt one, even if they're mostly overlapping. And that choice thing is aiming right at some of the more disgusting religion advocacy groups in this country, ones that are simultaneously screwing our education system as hard as they can.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 05:14:02 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: November 09, 2016, 05:13:55 pm »

VIVA LA CALIFORNIA!!!
and organ and Washington can come too

VIVA LA THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICA!!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: November 09, 2016, 05:16:58 pm »

Re Mike Pence as VP: So, here's a question, as far as I'm aware, vice presidents major role in politics involves the senate, considering the democrats got crushed in the senate, how much additional power does a Republican vice president actually give? I'm not sure of the intricacies of their role in procedural matters, what he can actually do and such past the tie breaker. Could it be considered a good thing that he's no longer a governor?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: November 09, 2016, 05:18:34 pm »

Re Mike Pence as VP: So, here's a question, as far as I'm aware, vice presidents major role in politics involves the senate, considering the democrats got crushed in the senate, how much additional power does a Republican vice president actually give? I'm not sure of the intricacies of their role in procedural matters, what he can actually do and such past the tie breaker. Could it be considered a good thing that he's no longer a governor?

In some ways. It really depends on the amount of soft influence he has.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: November 09, 2016, 05:19:28 pm »

His power in Indiana is, obviously, reduced to nothing. Since the Republicans have a majority in the Senate, his role as tiebreaker is meaningless until the midterms.

The true danger is that he has Trump's ear, and he's going to be the closest person to him who has experience as a politician. Trump has already announced that he's going to have Pence be his first and greatest advisor for serving as President.

And Pence is a fucking nightmare of a human being. He's as Religious Right as you get. They're back. The fucking American Taliban actually have influence again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: November 09, 2016, 05:22:02 pm »

Though, uh, cript. The dems actually made gains in the senate. Up two or three, iirc. Still a minority but crushed it wasn't. Crushed would have been dropping below 2/3rds.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #11050 on: November 09, 2016, 05:22:33 pm »

Well on the bright side I was inspired to listen to this song again. So that's nice.

Erm...oh! And I think people can now say they understand how the racists felt when a black man became President of America. So there's that.

...And the USA stepped up and completely made the world forget about how stupid they think the UK is for Brexit. So thanks for that, we really...really...appreciate... it.

Yeah.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: November 09, 2016, 05:23:33 pm »

Well on the bright side I was inspired to listen to this song again. So that's nice.

Erm...oh! And I think people can now say they understand how the racists felt when a black man became President of America. So there's that.

...And the USA stepped up and completely made the world forget about how stupid they think the UK is for Brexit. So thanks for that, we really...really...appreciate... it.

Yeah.

Don't worry, Trump will have more say about that in the future.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: November 09, 2016, 05:26:30 pm »

Ohhhhh I've found some potentially really good news for future elections!

Maine just passed a referendum to change their voting system from first-past-the-post to a ranked-choice voting!

First stone on the road to viable third-parties?

Oh that passed, cool!

Hey, the term limits bit is the first on that list.

On paper, they sound like a good idea, but how do you make it work so that it doesn't, say, cause us to be dominated by corporate interests or something, not that we aren't already. I just mean how do you make it work so that theres no bad consequences.

Of course though, the term limits would require a constitutional amendment and those aren't exactly easy to get through.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: November 09, 2016, 05:27:56 pm »

On the side note: does anyone think that the White House is going to be colored with gold paint by the end of the next year?

Also, how much Gilgamesh!Trump fanart do you think will be created at that time?
._.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: November 09, 2016, 05:28:58 pm »

On the side note: does anyone think that the White House is going to be colored with gold paint by the end of the next year?

It was pretty much my first thought. I was thinking giant gold TRUMP letters either inside the WH or on the outer facade. It's the kind of thing he'd do.
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1249