Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388022 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10575 on: November 09, 2016, 03:40:05 am »

no, if information survives, it is possible green energy adoption could still save mankind.

now is a good time for dead tree based info storage

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: November 09, 2016, 03:40:46 am »

How the hell is the EU supposed to deal with all those US refugees

I love you this is funny.

Why the fuck would the US flee to a more unstable place?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: November 09, 2016, 03:41:19 am »

Who's gonna play the Lisa Simpson part in four years?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: November 09, 2016, 03:41:31 am »

because this is how purges start.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: November 09, 2016, 03:41:47 am »

Well, it was a good run while it lasted. We saved the world twice (three if you think we were the Good Guys in the Cold War), we invented the TV, the smartphone, we sent a man to the moon, we invented rock-and-roll, we figured out a way to cram more cheese inside a pizza.

All good things come to an end.

Would the last person to leave the Real America remember to turn out the lights and lock the door?

I thought we invented the TV, but I'll give you the rest. I think we need to accept and try to understand that people voting for Trump en masse because they feel uncomfortable with immigrants is as much the "Real America" as the one of Rosa Parks, Neil Armstrong and Elvis Presley. The more we keep trying to say "Brexit isn't the real Britain I know" and stuff like that and thereby avoiding the uncomfortable truths about the West's popular rightward shift and unrest, the less likely we are to finding any ways of reversing it.

In 2014 I had to get over myself and accept my country is conservative and did not match up with my understanding of what it meant to be Scottish - there is a lot to be done and a lot of minds to be changed yet until people of my politics can bring about the kind of country we want to see, maybe you guys should consider looking at the states in the same way. Either that or move to Canada.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: November 09, 2016, 03:42:22 am »

Turns out, Sweden's refugee policy would allow Mexican-Americans (and anyone whom Trump has threatened) to seek asylum!

If Nanaimo, British Columbia doesn't work out, I heard Oslo is nice.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: November 09, 2016, 03:43:15 am »

no, if information survives, it is possible green energy adoption could still save mankind.

Green energy constructed using what infrastructure. The places most worth keeping will be among the first to burn.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: November 09, 2016, 03:43:43 am »

Don't worry. We'll build a wall. And we will make the US refugees pay for it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: November 09, 2016, 03:43:50 am »

Turns out, Sweden's refugee policy would allow Mexican-Americans (and anyone whom Trump has threatened) to seek asylum!

If Nanaimo, British Columbia doesn't work out, I heard Oslo is nice.
You forgot women. The Feminist Queendom of Sweden welcomes all US women. They are also contemplating declaring war.

EDIT: I just woke up. I'm still a bit under the influence of my morning absurdism. But to try and give a serious reaction:

What the fuck USA, what the fuck. It is very very scary to think that half of your population voted for this monster. You should be very ashamed of yourselves.
ANd I don't want to hear 'wir haben es nicht gewusst' 4 years from now. You were bloody well there and allowed this.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:47:20 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: November 09, 2016, 03:44:08 am »

Oh man Trump's victory speech is closing with the choir excerpt of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones. That's kinda funny, after this extremely polarized election.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: November 09, 2016, 03:44:55 am »

Green energy constructed using what infrastructure. The places most worth keeping will be among the first to burn.

green energy created using primitive copper smithing, if needed. green energy covers hydro. you can make water wheels from many materials, and copper can be cold worked.  what you need is the knowlege of farraday induction.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: November 09, 2016, 03:45:02 am »

Well, it was a good run while it lasted. We saved the world twice (three if you think we were the Good Guys in the Cold War), we invented the TV, the smartphone, we sent a man to the moon, we invented rock-and-roll, we figured out a way to cram more cheese inside a pizza.

All good things come to an end.

Would the last person to leave the Real America remember to turn out the lights and lock the door?

I thought we invented the TV, but I'll give you the rest. I think we need to accept and try to understand that people voting for Trump en masse because they feel uncomfortable with immigrants is as much the "Real America" as the one of Rosa Parks, Neil Armstrong and Elvis Presley. The more we keep trying to say "Brexit isn't the real Britain I know" and stuff like that and thereby avoiding the uncomfortable truths about the West's popular rightward shift and unrest, the less likely we are to finding any ways of reversing it.

In 2014 I had to get over myself and accept my country is conservative and did not match up with my understanding of what it meant to be Scottish - there is a lot to be done and a lot of minds to be changed yet until people of my politics can bring about the kind of country we want to see, maybe you guys should consider looking at the states in the same way. Either that or move to Canada.

I have to tell you not to accept that, because I'm super fucking drunk and need you, of all people, to accept Scottish independence as a possibility. Fucking Brexit and shit, Scotland voted to stay! 56 MPs! Independence is the way forward.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: November 09, 2016, 03:45:31 am »

Sweden?

huh
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1249