Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387540 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10245 on: November 08, 2016, 11:33:22 pm »

You also need Pennsylvania.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: November 08, 2016, 11:35:03 pm »

I must say, it would be somewhat amusingly fitting if Clinton ended up challenging the results.

(That said, if things go the way it's looking they'll go it'll be a tough 4 years at my job.)

And yes, a Republican-led Congress would most likely be very supportive of Trump - or, to put it another way, I would expect him to sign whatever makes it to his desk. Even with a Democratic minority in the Senate filibustering anything that moves there will still be a (probably ambitious) reconciliation bill. And, of course, there's always the option of 'filibuster reform' that both parties have toyed with.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: November 08, 2016, 11:35:23 pm »

Florida red...  Not without challenge, I bet.

(ETA: "Others" clear exceed the Trump/Clinton divide...)

(ETA2: Trump 4,579,106 votes
Clinton 4,447,646 votes
Others 291,935 votes)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:39:10 pm by Starver »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: November 08, 2016, 11:35:48 pm »

Florida nooooooooooo

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: November 08, 2016, 11:36:45 pm »

Well, I'm going to sleep without much hope tonight. Hoping for some sorta Michigan miracle or Hispanic savoir in the south. However, before I sleep, I'ma going to claim my smug asshole consolation prize, since I'm sure there's going to be a lot of those going around tomorrow, I figure I might as well get in early.

There's not really much point in voting even if you are American, the polls are completely in favour of Hillary

Good night everrrrryone.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: November 08, 2016, 11:37:49 pm »

he won by over 100,000.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: November 08, 2016, 11:39:07 pm »

So, I guess we get both congress and the president doing nothing of use for four years.

Good job guys. You halped.
On the contrary.
Here's the agenda for the US.
Abortion is illegal.
Action against climate change is stopped.
Discrimination against LGBT is legalized for all purposes: housing, medical, education, the works.
Obamacare is gone.
Pollution regulations repealed.
Tax cuts for the wealthy at the expense of everybody else.

Among other things.
And that will all not happen because congress is too busy threatening each other over the budget to change a thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: November 08, 2016, 11:40:54 pm »

And to think that whenever I propose that a constitutional monarch should work as a counter-force to the elected leadership, everyone seems to believe I am an escaped lunatic.

No but srs, I wish there was a king to rein in the worse of his possible excesses. That would go for both, certainly, but I doubt Hillary will be able to do very much in this climate, should she win.

A king!?!? So have some stupid inbred jackass that doesnt know the rigors of everyday life try to rule a nation again. America had fought against kings!!!

Well, not rule. Co-rule, in that they have the possibility to go "Absolutely NOT, Sir!", so that both they and the highest elected representative have to relate to each other. Their knowledge of every day life can't be more limited than that of most top tier politicians and influentials, and if all recent marriages are anything to go by, the bloodlines are not in particular danger; royal lines can always be made.
I think the monarchy would work very well as a safety fuse, of sorts.

They could also make themselves very useful indeed along the front and centre business of war. Keeps their perspective healthy, creates a service for the nation, builds a useful set of skills, keeps the crown in rotation if the worst would happen.

It couldn't hurt, at any rate.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: November 08, 2016, 11:41:29 pm »

I am tempted to call in from work to watch this live. I hate surprises like who won during the night. I prefered it when I was living in the Centeral timezone so I know who won. Hell, my first voting year was 08.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: November 08, 2016, 11:42:02 pm »

Minnesota is iffy-iffy now

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: November 08, 2016, 11:42:30 pm »

21 or 27 votes remain. Two states...

Michigan would make it nearly a tie with any of the southern states. New Hampshire is an anomaly; but it could yet swing towards Clinton's favor at a decisive moment. Nevada, Utah, and Arizona decide things in the south. Minnesota and Wisonsin are like two twisted sisters on a see-saw playing with our heart strings.

Though... If Penn or Maine is lost, everything is. There ain't no coming back from that.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: November 08, 2016, 11:46:57 pm »

Yeah. This is going to be a long four years.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: November 08, 2016, 11:47:27 pm »

Im going to bed because I was watching a little bit on Facebook of a livestream set up for cats to literally shit out who will win. Wow.... Also Ninja night...
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: November 08, 2016, 11:49:30 pm »

It's the rust belt voters this is why. Industrial white blue collar dudes, the Dems oft ignored and sometimes insulted (Bernie Sanders "if you're white you don't know what it is to be poor") but trump aimed his campaign at them -- and that's how he's winning

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: November 08, 2016, 11:50:54 pm »

Wew lads, the alt-right are never gonna let anyone live this down. Fair's fair I guess, but goddamn.

Also there is a not insignificant chance that this means I get invaded by Russia in the not too distant future.
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1249