Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387692 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9990 on: November 08, 2016, 06:24:38 am »

What's y'all's opinion on NYP?

As in the New York Post?

As I understand it, the New York papers are known for being hyper-aggressive. A bit like the English tabloids, but less celebrity nonsense and rumourmongering. Focused on making headlines that sell, I suppose you could call it?
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: November 08, 2016, 06:27:13 am »

After hearing a female Trump supporter say to a dutch reporter, when asked why Trump's remark about groping women did not change her mind about voting Trump "it just shows how much he loves women. He really loves women", I do wonder. Would it be legally okay to grope this woman, since she publicly declared she consideres it an act of affection? Or would she still be protected under laws considering those mentally unfit to represent themselves?

Here is kind of the important thing woman who I don't know. It is not enough that he "loves" women, in the same way that one might love a cat.

He needs to 'respect' women. When he does these things he is showing that he has no respect for them as individuals.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: November 08, 2016, 06:35:30 am »

After hearing a female Trump supporter say to a dutch reporter, when asked why Trump's remark about groping women did not change her mind about voting Trump "it just shows how much he loves women. He really loves women", I do wonder. Would it be legally okay to grope this woman, since she publicly declared she consideres it an act of affection? Or would she still be protected under laws considering those mentally unfit to represent themselves?

Here is kind of the important thing woman who I don't know. It is not enough that he "loves" women, in the same way that one might love a cat.

He needs to 'respect' women. When he does these things he is showing that he has no respect for them as individuals.
These kind of people (i.e. Trump supporters) sometimes complain that "consent is the only thing that matters", so I don't think they'll understand something even more complicated, like respect.
._.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: November 08, 2016, 06:44:26 am »

It's weird to hear people turning early voting into a partisan issue. I fear that due to some of the numbers mu party is going to go"lol, nope" and start rolling back on the ability for people to vote on anything other that the day of.

I really hope that level of bullshit never gets the wings to fly.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: November 08, 2016, 07:37:41 am »

Long time since I've posted here, but I've been lurking a lot lately.

I've seen a lot more people lately supporting Gary Johnson, which is surprising. As remote his odds actually are, it will be interesting to see how he changes the election.

I don't trust any news source for information, because they are all biased in some way. I try to read and catch up on what I can, form my opinion on each candidate based on their actual performance and who they are as a person.

I cannot, in good conscience, vote for either Hillary or Trump. The thought of either of them as president horrifies me. I believe the reasons why have been discussed six feet under on this thread alone, so I don't think I need to list reasons.

The only person I can actually have faith in is Gary Johnson. He's a decent guy, did a great job as governor of New Mexico, and really seems to form his opinions in a way that I support.

Anyways, I'm gonna stay off social media / the internet as much as I can, because I'm really tired of this whole election cycle.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: November 08, 2016, 07:39:30 am »

I really hope that level of bullshit never gets the wings to fly.
It might well, unfortunately, considering that they've already been pushing back on early voting in swing states for some years now (NC and Ohio come to mind). Granted that eliminating early voting entirely is an order of magnitude worse than just reducing it, so I doubt it'd go anywhere. But some state somewhere may well try.

-----

At long last, it's the day of, everyone! ULTIMA DEMOCRATIA! Today is the day the world ends.
Spoiler: PREPARE YOUR CATS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:57:39 am by smirk »
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: November 08, 2016, 07:54:56 am »

Do you have a source showing that Veritas was right about ACORN? Because I can't find anything agreeing with that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: November 08, 2016, 08:10:35 am »

Ok, I am collecting a lot of "The election is rigged" evidence.

But something stumps me... Isn't the elections more rigged in Trump's favor?

That is kind of what is confusing me right now.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: November 08, 2016, 08:19:19 am »

Well, he tried to warn us that he was rigging the election. We didn't listen.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: November 08, 2016, 08:26:04 am »

Ok, I am collecting a lot of "The election is rigged" evidence.

But something stumps me... Isn't the elections more rigged in Trump's favor?

That is kind of what is confusing me right now.
Well, yes. Yes, it is.

Thing is, the point of the rigged rhetoric isn't to actually point out malfeasance in the voting process (the GOP doesn't really give a shit about that, as well evidenced by the fact they're the current major source of it), it's to discredit the legitimacy of a GOP loss. Even if (noted, widespread) voter suppression wasn't doing (massively) more for the GOP than the functionally nonexistent voter fraud is for the dems, the message would still be the same, because the message has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with (false) perception.

Trump's got a history of doing that in the face of a loss, really. Only difference now is there's a lot of people with very little interest in veracity willing to buy the deflection riddled bullshit.

And @poh, I'd be interested as well. ACORN's probably the earliest notable example of o'keefe's bullshit, and everything except the court of public opinion (that made the mistake of treating his video as anything even remotely approaching true) found pretty much nothing. The videos themselves were found to be edited to the point of functionally being outright fabrication (after o'keefe released the unedited source in exchange for immunity to criminal prosecution), and every investigation vis a vis criminal or regulation violations of the organization found more or less sod all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: November 08, 2016, 08:42:18 am »

There's not really much point in voting even if you are American, the polls are completely in favour of Hillary and apparently the lines in front of the voting stations are full of Hillary supporters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: November 08, 2016, 08:42:37 am »

What's y'all's opinion on NYP?

As in the New York Post?

As I understand it, the New York papers are known for being hyper-aggressive. A bit like the English tabloids, but less celebrity nonsense and rumourmongering. Focused on making headlines that sell, I suppose you could call it?

NYT and WP are the papers, NYP and WT are the tabloids.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: November 08, 2016, 08:45:07 am »

There's not really much point in voting even if you are American, the polls are completely in favour of Hillary and apparently the lines in front of the voting stations are full of Hillary supporters.
More on those ballots than the POTUS race, and margins send a message regardless. There's pretty much always a point for americans to get out and vote, regardless of what the polls say.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: November 08, 2016, 08:47:04 am »

From what I've heard from Fox, everyone I know is voting Trump. Literally, everyone.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: November 08, 2016, 08:49:04 am »

And now time for something completely different: Remember USS Zumwalt? The one with the futuristic long-range gun systems, that got showcased in half of Hollywood movies? Yeah, the only projectile that was being developed for them just got canned by Congress due to exorbitantly high costs ($ 800 000 per shell?!) It seems that it has fallen victim to a vicious cycle "reduce quantity of stuff => higher cost per unit => justification for even further reduction in quantity", due to a drastic reduction in number of Zumwalts planned (from 28 to 3).

So now the most futuristic destroyer of USA will have no ammunition for its main weapon.

Has the sequestration gone too far?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1249