Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387695 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9960 on: November 07, 2016, 11:56:13 pm »

"I'm a simple Pole in a complex plane!"
When I am President, you will be the very first up against the wall.

Though I'm not sure how Clinton would still be a lose for the US, from a Polish perspective.
From a Polish perspective, what's the difference between them?
I think our first mistake here was caring about the Polish perspective in the American Election.
Allowing either one to win is a fucking loss to United States and depending on their actual foreign policy, loss to whole world so you fucked up already. Might as well write-in Vermin Supreme at this point, it would end up far better than either Clinton or Trump.
Hey calm down there. You know Kot, I think I realize why this thread has been bothering me so much recently. I don't think you and a lot of the other people on this forum get that Americans can talk shit about America all the damn day, 365 days a year and I will laugh along, but I don't like when foreigners talk shit about my country.
Eh, fuck, I proably shouldn't have this discussion with almost 40C fever.
I think you should go lie down. Now.
What I am saying in the end, this election seems to bog down to:
Well it does seem that way when you are getting the /pol/cliffs-notes version huh?
There is one thing that seems to be giving Trump a lot of good reputation in Poland - the idea of glassing Middle East with bombs.
Glad to see you are of one mind on the issue. It is at this time that I am glad that you do not vote in this election.
If at this point the idea that all-out mutiny is in order in case of nuclear war is fucking required then I am worried about humanity. Even retaliation strikes should not be done by any sane person - the enemy already fucked himself by nuking half of the world and the point should be the survival of human race, not trying to get senseless vengeance on the dudes from other side of the world.
This shows a hilarious misunderstanding of Nuclear Deterrence.
Spoiler: Deterence (click to show/hide)

You know, I don't argue nuclear deterrence on the internet because it's relitigating the Cold War every single time. Everyone acts like this is the first damn time they've ever heard of any of this.
Considering Polish history with various "Air Force Ones", you should totally somehow arrange for both Trump and Clinton be on it and then give me control of that thing.
I think you should sleep before you say something you regret. You are far too angry about this for something that does not even involve you
Can we do IRC tomorrow as the results come in?  Maybe
#bay12asylum
instead of #bay12debate, since
Spoiler: IT'S TOO LATE (click to show/hide)

http://sorcery.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=69
irc.sorcery.net
#bay12asylum
whenever, but I guess results start around 6PM Eastern time, so about 22 hours from now.  I'll probably be on earlier.

I'll be watching a stream like TYT or something, and maybe as much /pol/ as I can stomach, but I'd rather be with y'all :P
I demand to be admin of the chat. I literally cannot even particpate since I'm actually working literally from 5 AM until 11 PM, but as the only Election Official here I think I should administrate the chat in spirit.

An related/unrelated question.

Wasn't Clinton having some severe problems with her health? It would be quite unfortunate if newly elected president would wound up dead in few months due to respectively health problems or assasination.
It would also be quite unfortunate if a certain feverish Pole were to say something he regretted and receive a visit from one of his Southern Slav brothers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:59:49 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: November 08, 2016, 12:13:26 am »

I am amused that my joke angered you so.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: November 08, 2016, 12:38:37 am »

It seems a bit odd to invoke 9/11 and talk about the rage you feel toward the bastards that did it, considering that the Saudis are funding Clinton massively (and given what came out this year about the role of Saudis and Saudi money in 9/11).
Good lord it's hard to sift through all the blatant crap surrounding those search terms to find something which didn't originate in the widest craphole of all: Trump's anterior orifice.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/07/fact-checking-donations-clinton-foundation/

I'm guessing you're talking about this email: https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3774

This has some more numbers: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/feb/26/american-crossroads/conservative-group-claims-hillary-clintons-foundat/

It's hard to say exactly what you're talking about though because you're forcing others to do the groundwork or agree with your meme-tags due to the lack of sources provided.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: November 08, 2016, 12:52:19 am »

It seems a bit odd to invoke 9/11 and talk about the rage you feel toward the bastards that did it, considering that the Saudis are funding Clinton massively (and given what came out this year about the role of Saudis and Saudi money in 9/11).
It seems a bit off to invoke "THE SAUDIS DID 9!!" when I'm here talking about the Nuclear Holocaust; ok? Seriously. I've got "End of Days" shit here and you are rattling about amateur hour conspiracy theory. Come on man. Work with me.

You know what, I think mainiac might have had the right idea. You talk shit, get banned, and then you are free forever. Maybe it was just suicide by cop.
In more uplifting events, Tom Brady's apparently come out for Trump. Hillary said to be quite deflated upon hearing the news.
You know what, I think we were wrong. We spent all of the 2000s thinking that America was the country that didn't know anything about foreigners and just talked shit all-day everyday, but it turns out it was everyone else too all along. Amazing.

Yeah no. I'm running for President on a platform of nuclear annihilation now. I think I can mount a late bid, my support is gonna come from National Hatred. Think about it: we hate each other, we hate foreigners, and if suicide rates are anything to go by, we sure hate ourselves. Walls aren't enough. They are still gonna be there. Existing. But we can fix that.

Misko27 2016: "The Age of Man is over, it is the Fire's turn now."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: November 08, 2016, 01:03:06 am »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: November 08, 2016, 01:22:18 am »

Cough

Nice to see you trying to discount those of us critical of Clinton as non-American...

Where have I heard that before...

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: November 08, 2016, 01:25:19 am »

I got the pun, at least... Deflategate, anyone?

Anyways, I wouldn't say that 'congrats' example fits too well, for the following reason:

It doesn't mask the original email subject, shown earlier in the chain as "Here's what I mentioned" - doing a search through Wikileaks for that phrase (or presumably an email bank the investigators had) brings up the rest of the chain (#55380 being the latest chronologically in it). Turns out the "Here's what I mentioned" chain extends somewhat further, and Podesta's non sequitur a month later was to the middle of the chain. If he was trying to hide it with a 'congrats' subject-change, doing it in the middle of the chain seems an odd way to do it to me.

Definitely an odd email chain to swing into a congratulations note and maybe even a bit fishy, but I'm not sure it's good evidence of trying to hide something - as the latter parts of the email chain show, they (usually) know when to keep things off email. Heck, the emails that may well be related (edit: to) the most suspicious things could be the 'call me' emails because they knew it was serious enough to keep off email.

(Humorously, one of Podesta's aides summarized and quoted from a number of voice messages and emailed him about them... and I suspect a few of those were things people didn't want in email.)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: November 08, 2016, 01:37:04 am »

It seems a bit off to invoke "THE SAUDIS DID 9!!" when I'm here talking about the Nuclear Holocaust; ok? Seriously. I've got "End of Days" shit here and you are rattling about amateur hour conspiracy theory. Come on man. Work with me.

I mean, you did bring up 9/11. It also seems disingenuous to dismiss it as 'amateur hour conspiracy theory'. Serious publications and agencies have raised these concerns.
9/11 was completely tangential, and it is still completely tangential, which is why I refuse to argue with you about it. It has nothing to do with my point. I could strip 9/11 from my point and the point, which is "Destroying everything you hold dear will piss you off and make you willing to repay the injury in blood". I'm not going to argue with you about anything else that isn't my point. You wanna do that argue with someone else. Misko is nuclear annihilation man.

Honestly this entire election has just been a huge case of people going from tangent to tangent blindly. Why is anyone even discussing Nuclear weapons? Why am I doing this? I don't know. I did it because everyone else was going on about it, despite it being less relevant than ever, and Nuclear Deterrence is my field.
Legit can't tell if I fucked up my joke or if it's just, as Ispil might say, 'woosh'.
I caught the joke. It was just a stupid joke. My point still stands.
Also the only person who I've seen bring up any kind of (rhetorical) attack on America by 'foreigners' is Misko. Kot's posting appeared neither insulting (to anyone beyond Clinton and Trump, at least, which is hardly an uncommon sentiment) nor particularly angry - if anything, Misko, you seem to be projecting.
Kot is going around here talking, repeatedly, about how he wishes next President of the United States was dead and that he would do it himself if he had the chance, and positively remarking about Trump's policy of glassing the middle east, and I'm the unreasonable person. I'm not even exaggerating. That's what he just said. I don't even know what the middle east has even done to Poland to deserve nuclear annihilation. One would think of other nations would top Poland's list, but no.

And for the foreigner angle, it's actually that almost all posts in this thread as of late critical of Clinton and saying that she's equal or worse than Trump come from foreigners.
Oh hey. Someone else noticed. I'm not crazy. I really did think I was crazy, too. But it's just increasingly strange to me that most everyone who has come out and said how terrible both are, but how much marginally worse Clinton is, are all foreigners. It's been very strange. I can actually name exceptions, and I'm sure they'll make themselves known (Edit: already did), but most of posters here who've been most vocal about Clinton's irredeemable evil have been largely people who are not from this country. Perhaps its because they can't actually vote against her that there has been this need to talk out their problems, but its still odd and unexplained to me.
Cough

Nice to see you trying to discount those of us critical of Clinton as non-American...

Where have I heard that before...
It's nice to be an exception, isn't it?

You know what, I really do miss being unreasonable. It's quite nice. It's much better than being right and upset. Being unreasonable and happy is much better. Can we talk about going to war with Syria again? Since it's clearly next on the agenda after Clinton wins, after all. I was promised bombing.

EIther way, I need some damn sleep. I'm up in three hours.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: November 08, 2016, 01:40:01 am »

If I were to post more sources, would they actually be read (remember the other day when it took about a dozen posts to establish that Frumple hadn't watched the video he was so firmly dismissing)? Who knows. In this particular case, I thought it'd be fairly obvious to what I was referring.

That said, here's one. It's a judgement call I suppose, but I personally think if you'll believe that 'hackers' line you'll believe anything.

(Incidentally Max, the e-mail you linked actually provides an example of an e-mail getting its subject changed to 'Congratulations!' as I was talking about before. It's not anything I would have used as an example - I'd have picked something with the dates further apart and with juicier subject matter - but I mention it purely to point out the quirky coincidence).
Posting sources generally means "not a deliberately misleading youtube video, preferably not a youtube link at all" in my case, like I said, I'm not turning the volume up for some random dude to jabber about something for a kilosecond which I could read in thirty seconds.

The link you gave summarized the same info I did about the donations to the clinton foundation, but doesn't explain what the foundation is, and the site is a mess though my adblocker kept it from doing the "DISABLE OR WE WON'T SHOW YOU ANYTHING" crap which is hilariously killing websites that use adblocker-blockers apparently.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: November 08, 2016, 01:44:06 am »

See, New York Times learned their lesson on that one. A few years ago, I couldn't get on their site because of adblocker-blockers. To which I responded "ok" and stopped reading NYT.

It's never gonna work, losers. I can go without the small sites and the large ones have too much risk. The only sites that it works for are ones like Crunchyroll, and they live off subscription fees instead anyway.

Maybe if you'd fucking behave I'd consider whitelisting you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9971 on: November 08, 2016, 01:44:50 am »

Quote from: misko27 link=topic=159257.msg7253727#msg7253727
Though I'm not sure how Clinton would still be a lose for the US, from a Polish perspective.
From a Polish perspective, what's the difference between them?
I think our first mistake here was caring about the Polish perspective in the American Election.
It was invoked by someone else, though.

Allowing either one to win is a fucking loss to United States and depending on their actual foreign policy, loss to whole world so you fucked up already. Might as well write-in Vermin Supreme at this point, it would end up far better than either Clinton or Trump.
Hey calm down there. You know Kot, I think I realize why this thread has been bothering me so much recently. I don't think you and a lot of the other people on this forum get that Americans can talk shit about America all the damn day, 365 days a year and I will laugh along, but I don't like when foreigners talk shit about my country.
This is even more true for Poland though. The second you say something bad about Poland, you ARE going down. This is also the reason why Clintons are evil. As of America - I am quite suprised, considering 99% of Americans are already foreginers.

Eh, fuck, I proably shouldn't have this discussion with almost 40C fever.
I think you should go lie down. Now.
What I am saying in the end, this election seems to bog down to:
Well it does seem that way when you are getting the /pol/cliffs-notes version huh?
There is one thing that seems to be giving Trump a lot of good reputation in Poland - the idea of glassing Middle East with bombs.
Glad to see you are of one mind on the issue. It is at this time that I am glad that you do not vote in this election.
Ey, now! I didin't say that, don't put it in my mouth. While I am all for much more decisive actions against terrorism at it roots, carpet bombing seems like a really shitty way to actually get terrorist out of bunker

Spoiler: Deterence (click to show/hide)
No... just... no. The way you speak shows just how horrible human race can be and exactly like the person that should not be in charge of nukes.
"They" nuked America. The unspeakable tragedy, death, death everywhere - and your only response is to wish the same upon others, to double, if not triple or more, the suffering. Your hands would be as bloody as theirs, you would be directly responsible for millions of deaths and possibly the complete genocide of human race. You aren't justified just because they started, you had a choice to not do so, yet you push the big red button and the same tragedy I apparently do not understand befalls the rest of humanity, almost all innocent people, while the people actually responsible are safe and well in their secret bunkers under mountains.
There is no victory nor venegance in this case. There is only death.
Unlike you I won't assume you never really suffered, but you might have not took the right lesson out of it.
This is all moot point if people on both sides aren't blinded by their hate and would refuse to initiate the attack.

You know, I don't argue nuclear deterrence on the internet because it's relitigating the Cold War every single time. Everyone acts like this is the first damn time they've ever heard of any of this.
Considering Polish history with various "Air Force Ones", you should totally somehow arrange for both Trump and Clinton be on it and then give me control of that thing.
I think you should sleep before you say something you regret. You are far too angry about this for something that does not even involve you
Am I? You never seen me angry, then. And it's 7:40 AM, I have things to do. The worst is proably horrible editing capabilities on my phone.
Side note - there is not a single meaningful country that doesn't deserve Polish hate
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: November 08, 2016, 01:49:13 am »

I learned recently that polandball came out of one of the 4chan spinoff boards.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: November 08, 2016, 01:55:19 am »

Max: What were your thoughts about the funding 20% of her campaign claim (and the hacking explanation)?
I can't find any source for the 20% funding claim which doesn't lead back to Trump, or look like bad math of the following sort:

Saudi donations to the Clinton Foundation = x
Clinton Campaign Funding = y
Since y/x is 0.2, the Saudis funded 20% of Clinton's run!

Make the link between x and y in some sense and you've uncovered an actual crime which I'm sure various tip lines would be very grateful for, but Trump saying something gives it a less than zero credibility if you're interested in facts.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: November 08, 2016, 02:11:48 am »

Yeah, and trying to find other sources to corroborate the info leads back to Trump or even crazier leaps like the Clinton Foundation=Clinton Campaign stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1249