Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389910 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9525 on: November 04, 2016, 04:00:00 pm »

... no need for the ' ', they're straight up racist. We've got bundles of legal verdicts that keep on knocking the shit down for a reason. You could theoretically have a national ID that wasn't racist (though you won't in this country, because this is america and there's pretty extreme cultural bias against any sort of universal ID, particularly one that's government mandated), but the vast majority of the implementations to date have not even remotely been attempts at it. You'll get less pushback the moment the bastards proposing it aren't trying to leverage it for voter suppression. Not acceptance, because again, it's not going to happen anytime this century (at best), but less.

Unfortunately it was a cut-and-paste job of her policy page on immigration and did not actually respond whatsoever to the content of my question. Rather irritating, that. Think it's worth it to call directly?
Maybe? You're probably more likely to get something out of it, I'd think. If nothing else there'd be someone on the line to badger if the response is insufficient, heh.

In other news, voted! Surprisingly active for this area for a friday afternoon, interestingly. Also a faintly unusual minority presence, from what I remember of last election. Probably good signs so far as florida goes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:02:03 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: November 04, 2016, 04:02:02 pm »

Keep in mind, the whole nature of coups and such is justification. If Trump can whip up "evidence" of fraud, then he's not rebelling, he's portraying himself as the rightful President.

The thing is, there already is evidence of fraud.

This is not evidence of fraud. It's the implication of one. She obviously doesn't know what happens in that room. For all we know absentee ballots have to be transcribed into full ballots by human hands using an SOE pen. Why she was fired, I don't know.

But this is alarmist crap until actual hard evidence shows otherwise.

Trump supporters shooting up schools and/or polling places

I mean, as bad as that'd be, it'd very clearly show how far from the tree they have fallen. If you're going to blow away random kids or citizens as a protest against what they see as a corrupt electoral system....their point will not be heard and they will be vilified as psychopaths. In this I agree with Neo: that is incredibly unlikely.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:14:31 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: November 04, 2016, 05:35:53 pm »

Whatever the hell happened to the FBI being non-partisan and having a good reputation?

Top Dems call for investigation into FBI leaks that appear intended to help Trump

The FBI has an anti-CLinton atmosphere apparently.

Also, Congressman Kevin Cramer is calling for a hearing on 'network bias in the coverage of the 2016 election'.

Kevin Cramer (I keep wanting to write it as 'Kramer') is a Republican, one of Trumps earliest supporters, and he drafted Trumps energy plan. Kudos on him for at least wanting to find out more, but we all know how these Congressional hearings go. Plus it couldn't be more politicized......

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9528 on: November 04, 2016, 05:47:06 pm »

I just don't get it. What does the FBI expect to gain from Trump?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: November 04, 2016, 05:48:28 pm »

More fearmongering and support for Comey's war on crypto.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: November 04, 2016, 05:48:52 pm »

It may be more about the influence of the head than the organization at-large. That said, Trump would make a decent pawn, especially if the FBI have dirt on him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: November 04, 2016, 05:55:22 pm »

... no need for the ' ', they're straight up racist. We've got bundles of legal verdicts that keep on knocking the shit down for a reason. You could theoretically have a national ID that wasn't racist (though you won't in this country, because this is america and there's pretty extreme cultural bias against any sort of universal ID, particularly one that's government mandated), but the vast majority of the implementations to date have not even remotely been attempts at it. You'll get less pushback the moment the bastards proposing it aren't trying to leverage it for voter suppression. Not acceptance, because again, it's not going to happen anytime this century (at best), but less.

Unfortunately it was a cut-and-paste job of her policy page on immigration and did not actually respond whatsoever to the content of my question. Rather irritating, that. Think it's worth it to call directly?
Maybe? You're probably more likely to get something out of it, I'd think. If nothing else there'd be someone on the line to badger if the response is insufficient, heh.

In other news, voted! Surprisingly active for this area for a friday afternoon, interestingly. Also a faintly unusual minority presence, from what I remember of last election. Probably good signs so far as florida goes.
Hate to keep coming back to it, but Memphis is a shining beacon of voter suppressing racism.

The Mayor got funding and rolled out a library card photo ID system, because it is far easier to reach a library than the two (three?) DMV's active at any time which you can get ID at.

He specifically did this because it would count for things like voting and various other situations where photo ID was needed.

It was up and running for about a year before efforts to kill it finally reached a friendly court and got it deemed invalid to use for voting.

So rather than just being able to interpret efforts to require a specific form of ID which is difficult to obtain in order to vote as being racist, we have a deliberate example of what happens when you work to allow more voters--especially those in poor areas without easy access to a vehicle or even public transportation--the chance to obtain a valid form of ID: it gets ruled invalid.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: November 04, 2016, 06:05:07 pm »

I just don't get it. What does the FBI expect to gain from Trump?
To a fair extent, it seems a lot like it's less what they can gain and more what clinton, specifically, loses. Seems pretty probable what's fueling their stupidity is enmity more the calculation.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: November 04, 2016, 06:14:18 pm »

On a lighter note (and dear god do I need one): Samantha Bee's 100% Real, Totally Valid Conspiracy Theory, "Donald Trump Can't Read". If only this could take hold like "Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer".

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: November 04, 2016, 06:30:22 pm »

I love sitting here on this train watching the rapidly approaching cliff slip closer and closer and feeling unable to do anything about it. It's a nice feeling. It's a nice scene to watch. One I'll likely never again get to see in my lifetime.

The brakes are out and soon I'll be free falling towards doom. Nothing I can do, nothing I can say. A complete state of relaxation and calm.

Join me... vote third party this year. I've got popcorn.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: November 04, 2016, 06:33:37 pm »

Yeah it's easy to say that you're "unable to do anything" about the upcoming election when you throw your vote away!
._.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: November 04, 2016, 06:36:35 pm »

Yeah it's easy to say that you're "unable to do anything" about the upcoming election when you throw your vote away!

Both of the main candidates are cliffs. One might be 100 ft tall and the other 101 ft tall, but it's doom either way. Everyone is voting for the cliff. I"m voting for something other than cliff, but people can't stop focusing on that 1ft as being key.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9537 on: November 04, 2016, 06:39:36 pm »

Eh, it depends. California is going to go to Clinton, even if the entire state splits off leaving Las Vegas the new western port city. Florida, though....

Both of the main candidates are cliffs. One might be 100 ft tall and the other 101 ft tall, but it's doom either way. Everyone is voting for the cliff. I"m voting for something other than cliff, but people can't stop focusing on that 1ft as being key.

I dunno, Hillary's like 20 feet and Bernie put some soft stuff on the bottom, really, it's far from a worst-case scenario. Trump is a 101-foot cliff that happens to have a roaring volcanic flow underneath it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: November 04, 2016, 06:40:36 pm »

Okay, tell me in a short sentence, what will Hillary do to ruin USA with certain doom. I'm listening.
._.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: November 04, 2016, 06:40:51 pm »

Not voting is saying 'I don't care.' It is literally the least helpful thing you could possibly do for your country and is your biggest and best chance to enact change.

Do not waste your vote.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1249