Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389803 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9510 on: November 04, 2016, 01:31:02 pm »

Going off of that email, it sounds like he specifically flew in Chicago dogs and Chicago pizza. So, I imagine a large part of the cost was the flying in part.

Seems like completely normal and legit price for the president's food. 5 dollars for the pizza, 64995 for poison testing and other security measures.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: November 04, 2016, 01:31:43 pm »

And I'm going to be in the trenches. Out there working to help people vote. I've never worked for the BOE during a Presidential Election, so I'm a little bit worried.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: November 04, 2016, 01:34:58 pm »

And I'm going to be in the trenches. Out there working to help people vote. I've never worked for the BOE during a Presidential Election, so I'm a little bit worried.
BOE? Boss Of Everyone?
Be careful that you don't get lynched by angry Trump Voting Fraud Detectives, official voting aids are probably going to be their first target to throw curses and insults at.

EDIT: heh, Macedoinians earning thousands of dollars on advertisements on their fake news site aiding Trump by spreading false news like this: http://worldpoliticus.com/2016/08/07/developing-obama-wh-admits-hillary-gave-isis-400-million-accident/
and this: http://usconservativetoday.com/pope-francis-forbids-catholics-voting-hillary/

The Macedonians themselves react by saying "ofcourse it are lies, and bullshit. But as long as it generates clicks, we will post it"

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/-duizenden-dollars-voor-jongeren-in-macedonie-voor-verspreiden-nepnieuws~a4409123/
Buzzfeed article on this: https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/how-macedonia-became-a-global-hub-for-pro-trump-misinfo?utm_term=.xaLXEnYKE#.jq1Lm0pXm
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:43:46 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: November 04, 2016, 01:47:15 pm »

Next Tuesday...
Unless Trump decides to call elections a sham and declare a revolution against the "corrupt establishment", with potentially FBI taking his side (because of course they'd do that) and, barely, but possibly, a non-insignificant portion of the army (being historically a rather pro-Republican institution)...

I'm already seeing news about people rigging illegal pro-Trump's signs with potentially deadly weapons to prevent their removal. Also some usually less aggressive pro-Democrats on the Internet are talking about the need to "put their thumbs on Republicans' throats and squeeze", arguing that the Republicans won't stop their evil ways unless they stop being a political force in USA, and that the time of trying for any kind of compromise between Democrats and Republicans is over.

Tensions are getting really out of hand, fast. Hopefully they'll get lower after the election day, but, well, if Trump repeats his 2012 calls for revolution, it has some chances of... not doing that.
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: November 04, 2016, 01:48:51 pm »

The Army is loyal to the President though, so yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: November 04, 2016, 02:30:47 pm »

Keep in mind, the whole nature of coups and such is justification. If Trump can whip up "evidence" of fraud, then he's not rebelling, he's portraying himself as the rightful President.

The US Military is pretty self-controlled, but I'd more be worried about mass unrest from Trump supporters degrading that stability.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: November 04, 2016, 02:36:25 pm »

It is almost like Donald Trump isn't very responsible.

Or he is... Morally bankrupt and doesn't care who gets hurt because of his words... as if "Hmm guns sure would be useful against corruption" and "Man, this election sure is rigged" means nothing :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9517 on: November 04, 2016, 02:41:13 pm »

I have to agree. The time has come and gone for the Republicans to leave the political stage; they are mastodons, and they would drag the country into the tar pit with them. It's a fantasy that the FBI would actually side with a usurper, but then again, they basically already have.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: November 04, 2016, 02:45:14 pm »

I have to agree. The time has come and gone for the Republicans to leave the political stage; they are mastodons, and they would drag the country into the tar pit with them. It's a fantasy that the FBI would actually side with a usurper, but then again, they basically already have.

I think the bigger problem with SOME of the Republicans is that they have basically stopped trying to compromise (well ok, they TRIED to compromise... but their entire party isn't on the same page)

Not knowing that the parties being forced to compromise is actually why democracy works... That no party can remain entrenched in their beliefs and must change to respect the will of the people.

And are now proclaiming that they will basically shut down the government in the unlikely event that their candidate doesn't win (Which is the worst aspect of the Tea Party). With some members even going as far as to say they will consider their loss as a sign that the United States Government has ceased to be and needs to be violently retaken.

(I hope I am getting the parties correct.. Really doesn't help that even their representative Animal feels like the exact same thing from a symbolic perspective)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:50:16 pm by Neonivek »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: November 04, 2016, 02:54:32 pm »

BOE? Boss Of Everyone?
Board of Elections. New York City. I get $330 for my troubles.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: November 04, 2016, 02:59:45 pm »

Not bad. Over here it's strictly voluntary, you won't get paid for it, except perhaps travel expenses.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: November 04, 2016, 03:11:21 pm »

I maintain that most Trump supporters who talk about violence from the election are blowhards. Yeah some people might go on a shooting spree. But I seriously doubt an armed rebellion of angry lower-middle class middle-aged white guys is going to take the country by storm if he loses. Violent fantasies are well and good until you have to give up your life to make good on them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: November 04, 2016, 03:39:45 pm »

So...  How about if disillusioned Republicans and dusillusioned Democrats get together and say "Enough of the Donkey and Elephant, let us form two new parties, centre-left and centre-right, normalised at 50:50 split from anongst their combined numbers into Plain-Bellied and Star-Bellied Sneetches (I'm thinking the Star-Bellied would be the direction of Texan Sneetches, just to keep them happy).

Set it up immediately after the inaugeration of whichever President actually gets in, keep it strictly 50:50 (find centre-edge members of the larger registered party to move across to keep mebership equal until the next ?Senate? race, to deal with additional influx from late-adopters), then let it fly free to the end of the first term, show it working to at least "major third and fourth party" levels in 2020, build on it and, if not already done, P/S parties takes over the battle entirely from the D/R parties next time round and usher in a new era of US politics.

Or just do it the way the Drazi do..

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: November 04, 2016, 03:42:21 pm »

I maintain that most Trump supporters who talk about violence from the election are blowhards. Yeah some people might go on a shooting spree. But I seriously doubt an armed rebellion of angry lower-middle class middle-aged white guys is going to take the country by storm if he loses. Violent fantasies are well and good until you have to give up your life to make good on them.
Armed rebellion, maybe not. But enough people shoot up schools for no reason to make the thought of someone shooting up voting places for a reason concerning.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: November 04, 2016, 03:45:12 pm »

Armed rebellion, maybe not. But enough people shoot up schools for no reason to make the thought of someone shooting up voting places for a reason concerning.

I really don't see that happening. Even someone morally corrupt enough to kill people over the results of the election would likely see shooting up a voting station as pretty dang despicable and a clear violation of the election.

It is something that the Liberal Crime Squad would picture the Conservatives doing.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1249