Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390981 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7830 on: October 19, 2016, 10:44:56 pm »

Hillary, why did you not stop the Great Migration before it started?!
I actually parsed that slightly differently before clicking the link, but the question remains: why didn't Hillary prevent the fall of Rome?  How dare she?

It is because she was working on health reforms instead of being in the kitchen baking cookies! (actual complaint someone presented against her)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7831 on: October 19, 2016, 10:54:19 pm »

"“Now we can talk about Putin. I don't know Putin. He said nice things about me.” Trump said he would like to have a good relationship with Putin, and said Putin has “no respect” for Clinton.

“Well, that's because he would rather have a puppet as president of the United States,” Clinton shot at Trump.

“You’re the puppet,” Trump spat back."

Trump is the world's largest 12 year old.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: October 19, 2016, 10:56:17 pm »

----
Well if I've named you unfairly than I offer you my sincerest apologies.

I will have to dig those old records up, though. It was three years ago now... hard to believe.
Also, I had to switch to watching the closed captions on a youtube stream after that abortion shit, the missus was like "NO, FUCK THIS GUY, I CAN'T LISTEN TO THAT PIECE OF SHIT RIGHT NOW" and I doubt that was an uncommon response across the country among women.
I was in a public viewing of the debate at my college. My college is L+, and has a male-female ratio that is very, very skewed in the female direction. Not that guys are rare, just... uncommon.

So I was in a concert hall when the abortion stuff came up. And, surprise, it turns out that my campus is, evidently, not huge fans of Trump's position. It was fun night.

It's also interesting that the moderator gave Trump the opportunity to go after Bill Clinton's supposed infidelities when they brought up Trump's tapes and the new allegations, and he just absolutely ignored it. And Clinton, obviously, just absolutely ignored it too. I never saw that as a winning argument against Clinton, but do you think he maybe was convinced to drop it? Maybe it was just the result of a late night panic/brainstorm session between Trump and his minions  after the tapes, and they kept it quiet because they realized other methods would work? Still. Trump really just does not seem cut out for the one-on-one debating style.
Trump is the world's largest 12 year old.
Nasy woman.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: October 19, 2016, 11:08:05 pm »

... y'know, I just noticed reading some other reactions to this mess that trump may have just libeled obama (and clinton) on national TV. Specifically in reference to that o'keefe/veritas video he brought up. If you're going to make a claim of inciting violence like he did you generally want to have really damn good evidence. And, uh. The video wasn't, given its maker's track record. Not sure if you could actually hit him with anything given the nature of the folks involved (it's harder to trip over that stuff when you're talking about major public figures), and I doubt charges would actually be pressed regardless, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: October 19, 2016, 11:09:34 pm »

----
Well if I've named you unfairly than I offer you my sincerest apologies.

I will have to dig those old records up, though. It was three years ago now... hard to believe.

Not offended or anything.  It's understandable that names bleed together and such in memory of old forum debates.

And maybe you're even right, and I did say something like that about Syria.  I just don't recall.  I've generally not engaged the subject at all, except to maybe say something pro-humanitarian like about helping refugees where possible.  I remember posting a short interview with a refugee woman at one point, talking about how all she cared about was getting her child someplace better.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: October 19, 2016, 11:22:58 pm »

Hm, I'm surprised to see such a seemingly good article from a major news source. It's not even partisan!
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: October 19, 2016, 11:33:16 pm »

To tell you the truth I am kind of worried that if Trump loses that some people will take their guns to the street.

Especially since it is in the constitution that they are allowed to (from their perspective)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: October 19, 2016, 11:37:45 pm »

I haven't had a chance to watch the debate or read through the IRC log yet (tabletop gaming) but here it is for y'all:
http://pastebin.com/0T9AS0Tu

One thing I noticed:  Trump refusing to acknowledge the results of the election?  gasp and shock etc
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: October 19, 2016, 11:39:23 pm »

Yeah, that was probably the biggest single thing of the entire debate. Folks are already starting to come down on him like a ton of bricks for it. Started pretty much the second it squelched its way out of his mouth.
Ask not!
Ask!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: October 19, 2016, 11:44:06 pm »

Wrong.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: October 19, 2016, 11:44:45 pm »

Hm, I'm surprised to see such a seemingly good article from a major news source. It's not even partisan!
I saw that somewhere else, I'm sure it isn't the washington post because I have most of their site  blocked via noscript due to the annoying popup shit they have.

Curious if you saw my comment about Clinton fighting for children's rights since the 60's and such, though she touched on it a bit during the debate earlier, she should talk about that more I think, given all the people talking about her as an uncaring corporate puppet and such. Dislike her all you want, but before equating the two make sure you check and see how much Trump has done to help anyone besides himself.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: October 19, 2016, 11:51:09 pm »

I saw that somewhere else, I'm sure it isn't the washington post because I have most of their site  blocked via noscript due to the annoying popup shit they have.

Curious if you saw my comment about Clinton fighting for children's rights since the 60's and such, though she touched on it a bit during the debate earlier, she should talk about that more I think, given all the people talking about her as an uncaring corporate puppet and such. Dislike her all you want, but before equating the two make sure you check and see how much Trump has done to help anyone besides himself.

Because this is nothing new her entire career included trying to help people. What did she do in the Senate? Ohh right Healthcare reforms so that everyone would be able to get treatment.

Her approval ratings are always really high (in fact probably higher then anyone in this race) as long as she isn't running for office.

It is hard for me to conclude much anything else but sexism given the long history I had to get familiar with. It is always that she is popular (in fact... She was more popular then Bill Clinton for a time) but once she gets slightly ambitious suddenly BOOM! unpopular.

But given sexism... A woman saying focusing on the fact that she helps children would sink her campaign.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: October 19, 2016, 11:56:11 pm »

Eh... probably an aspect of it, but most of that boom has less to do with sexism and more to do with media coverage. More a specifically anti-clinton thing than anti-women... though the latter tends to catch some of the shrapnel anyway.
Ask not!
Ask!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: October 19, 2016, 11:57:00 pm »

Maybe, but it still feels like the obvious counter for the "she's the devil" folks.

Also, Chris Wallace needs to get a tattoo on his chest that reads GRAPHITE in olde english lettering, cause he is one nuclear moderator.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: October 20, 2016, 12:05:40 am »

Though I do want to take a moment and remind folks that clinton has said cat .gifs are an appropriate reaction to exposure to this year's election cycle. So if you watched, listened to, or read that debate and feel the need to degauss with fuzzy feline frolicking, know that a presidential candidate endorses your choice in life.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1249