Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391021 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7815 on: October 19, 2016, 10:05:05 pm »

I hope somebody got the textlog again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: October 19, 2016, 10:05:26 pm »

I feel like I've been transferred to some sort of alternate dimension when people say Russia and the Syrian government aren't fighting ISIS. They've been fighting ISIS for years now. Am I just misinterpreting the people saying Trump is lying about that in some way?
I think the idea is that Russia & Syrian government don't focus on fighting ISIS as if they were their main opponent, instead mainly engaging with FSA. But it would be too long for a political soundbite to say all that context, so it's simply "Russia doesn't fight ISIS".
Very lossy compression methd.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: October 19, 2016, 10:07:13 pm »

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/10/19/top-trump-adviser-roger-stone-moon-landing-video-was-hoax-filmed-new-jersey/213921
One of Trump's top advisors is a Moon Landing Hoax believer. Only the best people for Trump.
Heh. Best part of that article was reading in the comments that the newspaper in Bush's adopted Texas hometown endorsed Clinton.

I'm thinking Texas may be in play.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: October 19, 2016, 10:10:39 pm »

Nate Technetium brings up an interesting point: Right now, Clinton has a better chance to win Texas than Trump has to win the election. And that was before the debate.

Hard to believe Trump could do much worse than he has, but hey, it's not Nov. 8th yet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: October 19, 2016, 10:13:07 pm »

Hard to believe Trump could do much worse than he has, but hey, it's not Nov. 8th yet.

Wikileaks just hacked internal Trump campaign documents explaining his strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e35AQK014tI
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: October 19, 2016, 10:16:36 pm »

Even more so, because that random article on a liberal site had a pile of Texan liberals apparently reading it who noticed the OT reference to Texas.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: October 19, 2016, 10:22:35 pm »

I guess if there was a real big upswing of Democratic voters in Texas turning out this election it could happen. Not going to hold my breath, but it'd be hilarious. Georgia of all places is even more likely according to 538, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7822 on: October 19, 2016, 10:25:10 pm »

Trump is now saying that not only are "illegal immigrants" messing up our economy, they're also stealing the election. Is there anything they can't do?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: October 19, 2016, 10:28:35 pm »

Oh, on the subject of foreigners in USA, it was hilarious how Trump has called the Syrian refugees as "DEFINITELY" pro-ISIS. He doesn't even need check-ups and vetting, he already knows that they're up to no good!
._.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: October 19, 2016, 10:31:55 pm »

I remember SalmonGod in particular, actually, claiming the Media was beating "the drums of war".

It's late.  But I was named, and I don't quite like this.  It's hard to tell at this point in the post exactly which conflict you're saying I commented on.  I think it's Syria, but I'm not sure.

I've posted before about how the country was in a war frenzy after 9/11, and my opposition to the war in Iraq.

I was actually in favor of intervention in Libya.

I don't recall ever offering an opinion on Syria.  I will fully admit I am not qualified to offer an opinion on it.  Looks like an extremely fucked up situation from every angle, and I haven't done research on understanding it very well.  Maybe at some point years ago I made that comment on a more specific thing?  I don't know.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: October 19, 2016, 10:32:45 pm »

I feel like I've been transferred to some sort of alternate dimension when people say Russia and the Syrian government aren't fighting ISIS. They've been fighting ISIS for years now. Am I just misinterpreting the people saying Trump is lying about that in some way?

Who are these people?

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/10/ap-fact-check-trump-wrong-that-assad-fights-is/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANT_ZBhpvtw

Skip to 1:18:00

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: October 19, 2016, 10:34:14 pm »

Somebody is saying Trump is the Trump of revelation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: October 19, 2016, 10:34:47 pm »

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/10/19/top-trump-adviser-roger-stone-moon-landing-video-was-hoax-filmed-new-jersey/213921
One of Trump's top advisors is a Moon Landing Hoax believer. Only the best people for Trump.
Heh. Best part of that article was reading in the comments that the newspaper in Bush's adopted Texas hometown endorsed Clinton.

That fucker is a yankee, he doesn't get to adopt us just because he married a Texan, he was ripped out of a womb in Connecticut.

Also, I had to switch to watching the closed captions on a youtube stream after that abortion shit, the missus was like "NO, FUCK THIS GUY, I CAN'T LISTEN TO THAT PIECE OF SHIT RIGHT NOW" and I doubt that was an uncommon response across the country among women.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: October 19, 2016, 10:37:06 pm »

I think the idea is that Russia & Syrian government don't focus on fighting ISIS as if they were their main opponent, instead mainly engaging with FSA. But it would be too long for a political soundbite to say all that context, so it's simply "Russia doesn't fight ISIS".
Yeah, iirc that was... mostly from the bit about the A-place? With the point being it was the named parties that did some/most of the damage that lead trump to try to state the city had been conquered or... something. Which the transcript that got posted while I was typing answered, I guess.

Though yeah, re: georgia, people have to remember that atlanta's in that mess, too. I'm sure no one wants to actually remember that, because no one sane actually wants to travel through atlanta be it air or tire or foot, but the metro area's there, it's urban, and it's fairly cosmopolitan thanks in no small part to that sodding airport. More pointedly for the state going blue, only around half the metro area's population is white and about half the bloody state's population is in there. So at least a forth of the state's population? Probably not voting red.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:44:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: October 19, 2016, 10:43:43 pm »

Hillary, why did you not stop the Great Migration before it started?!
I actually parsed that slightly differently before clicking the link, but the question remains: why didn't Hillary prevent the fall of Rome?  How dare she?
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1249