Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393359 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7365 on: October 17, 2016, 08:38:21 am »

Maybe her enemies just aren't very good at this.  :P
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: October 17, 2016, 08:39:51 am »

competent

I'm sorry, what? HWAT? Clinton is one of the least competent politicians in your entire government. And that's really saying something.
Of course you can back that with actual facts, right? Or is it just "lots of smoke must mean there's a fire" type of thing, where if you get accused enough times, you're automatically declared guilty with no right to appeal?

Right, right, right.

Tell me, do you know what Al Capone was arrested for?
Tell me, do you know what Al Capone was arrested for?

Failure to pay taxes, IIRC.

What does Al Capone getting arrested for faliure to pay taxes have to do with Clinton?

Aside from an attempt to liken Clinton to the notorious mobster.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: October 17, 2016, 08:43:40 am »

What does Al Capone getting arrested for faliure to pay taxes have to do with Clinton?

Aside from an attempt to liken Clinton to the notorious mobster.
I think UXLZ has been confusing Clinton with Trump in all of his posts. I mean, he doesn't know who Colin Powell is, then it's not too hard to imagine him mixing up Trump and Clinton. I mean, it's Trump whose tax reports are clouded in a haze of obscurity, right?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: October 17, 2016, 08:44:33 am »

... though, really, I guess you can't expect much when it comes to political awareness from someone who didn't know who powell was? Wonder if knowing about the millions of emails bush wiped would change the opinion any, or all the other major political figures that used private servers to one extent or another.

And smj, the insinuation is that she's done other things, but the barely meaningful email stuff is all they can get her on. It's the tax evasion to her capone. Because clearly there's whole oodles of illegal things she's done that 20+ years of dedicated investigation by one of the largest political forces in america, as well as various law enforcement organizations, just couldn't find. But they found the suboptimal IT handling!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: October 17, 2016, 08:48:02 am »

Did Colin Powell do that to? Honestly I'm not even really sure who he is, but he should be locked up for it too if it was anything like Clinton's situation.

I...what...?

*looks at profile, sees age*

Oh. Aren't you just adorable? Guess you might have still been in diapers when all that shit was going down. But yet, irregardless of not knowing even recent political history (recent in terms of the nation, not in terms of your life) you've already figured it all out. How precious.

(And mind you, this snark is coming from someone who HAS serious misgivings about how she handled her emails.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: October 17, 2016, 08:48:26 am »

Maybe her enemies just aren't very good at this.  :P

Someone did mention Republicans and incompetence earlier, but I digress.

Everyone's effort.  We are 22 days away from an election and the worst thing that you, someone who hates Clinton, has to say about her is is that you dont like where she stored her emails four years ago.

I also hate Trump, if I haven't made that obvious. Clinton as an awful, disgusting, amoral sociopath and Trump is... An awful, disgusting, amoral sociopath. Well, in Trump's case I can say that with 99% certainty, in Clinton's I can say it with 100% certainty. The worst thing about him I can come up with off the top of my head about him is that he's a huge asshole and that there were rape allegations at some point. Then again, I can't remember if he's ever had anything more solid on him than the Clintons have.

Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion because it was the only crime for which evidence could be obtained, although it was absolutely certain that the income he failed to pay taxes on was illegally obtained. Meanwhile, despite more than 40 years of trying to find anything whatsoever to charge the Clintons with, no evidence of either committing a significant crime has ever come to light.

I disagree with the latter part of that assessment. The lack of prosecution does not mean that she could not be charged with a significant crime. Differently to Al Capone, Clinton (either of them) will only ever be charged if an amount of evidence comes to public light which means there must be a prosecution.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: October 17, 2016, 08:52:04 am »

... somehow I think your certainty wouldn't hold up to much scrutiny. Don't seem to care about that much, though, so eh. You do you.
Ask not!
Ask!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: October 17, 2016, 08:52:40 am »

I think UXLZ has been confusing Clinton with Trump in all of his posts. I mean, he doesn't know who Colin Powell is, then it's not too hard to imagine him mixing up Trump and Clinton. I mean, it's Trump whose tax reports are clouded in a haze of obscurity, right?

Yes, Trump really does need to release those. Of course, there's a very high chance he'll release them around the same time Clinton gets around to releasing her speech transcripts, so I doubt we'll ever see either of them.

Did Colin Powell do that to? Honestly I'm not even really sure who he is, but he should be locked up for it too if it was anything like Clinton's situation.

I...what...?

*looks at profile, sees age*

Oh. Aren't you just adorable? Guess you might have still been in diapers when all that shit was going down. But yet, irregardless of not knowing even recent political history (recent in terms of the nation, not in terms of your life) you've already figured it all out. How precious.

Ah yes, ad-hominen. Speaking of age, please, act yours.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: October 17, 2016, 08:54:26 am »

... somehow I think your certainty wouldn't hold up to much scrutiny. Don't seem to care about that much, though, so eh. You do you.

I will admit that my opinions of both are heavily based on my intuitive reading of their character. Clinton gave me the freaks the first time I saw her eyes. Trump just made me gag a little.
The circle is complete.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: October 17, 2016, 08:55:24 am »

I disagree with the latter part of that assessment. The lack of prosecution does not mean that she could not be charged with a significant crime. Differently to Al Capone, Clinton (either of them) will only ever be charged if an amount of evidence comes to public light which means there must be a prosecution.
Te Republican Party has spent 40 years trying to something -anything- to prosecute the Clintons for. If hard evidence of Clinton jaywalking came to light, they'd prosecute.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: October 17, 2016, 08:56:48 am »

I looked at my profile and realized I never set the birthdate, heh. Have that set now....

Anyway, UXLZ, he's just being snarky at you, though yeah out of context it is a bit condescending.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: October 17, 2016, 08:58:47 am »

... huh. That's the first time in a while I've seen someone actually state they're pulling most of what they're saying out of their ass. It's almost refreshing, I think?
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: October 17, 2016, 08:59:55 am »

I will admit that my opinions of both are heavily based on my intuitive reading of their character. Clinton gave me the freaks the first time I saw her eyes. Trump just made me gag a little.

What do you mean she gave you the freaks the first time you saw her eyes? :P

Though, to be honest here, I'm not really a fan of Clinton either, but not just because of the emails. If the two main third party candidates didn't suck so much, I'd be voting for them instead.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: October 17, 2016, 09:00:01 am »

I looked at my profile and realized I never set the birthdate, heh. Have that set now....

Anyway, UXLZ, he's just being snarky at you, though yeah out of context it is a bit condescending.
It's pretty condescending in context as well. It's totally possible to say "Ah. You clearly don't have the historical context for this thing, which explains why you think this, probably because of your age. Here's the truth that we've learned from history:" or something equally less shitty.

RedKing chose to go a different path.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: October 17, 2016, 09:00:15 am »

You get used to the freaks. I now freak daily.

That said, there are justifiable reasons not to like Clinton, so don't feel that you're alone on this. But I would prefer to keep my reasons for disliking her outside of the corruption charges as that has been talked to death.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 1249