Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393430 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7350 on: October 17, 2016, 07:44:56 am »

Your choice is being shot in the head or being shot in the stomach, America. Either way you're screwed, and either way you're dragging the whooole world down with you.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: October 17, 2016, 07:53:06 am »

Your choice is being shot in the head or being shot in the stomach, America. Either way you're screwed, and either way you're dragging the whooole world down with you.

Tell me, learned friend, all about how electing Hillary Clinton will bring about the end of the world.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: October 17, 2016, 07:54:52 am »

Eh. Ehh...

Ok. As far as things go, the USA has indeed messed things up in the past. But the election is a symptom of that, not a cause of in itself of things going to shit. Wanton aggressive action by the Russians, yes. The numerous in the conflicts in the Middle East, yes. But attributing the election to social unrest is a bit heavy handed.

And honestly? Even if Clinton is crooked as hell, at least she's competent enough to not throw the entire country under the bus over the course of four years. In some respects, the fact that she is a politician is a plus in my book; I'd rather have someone experienced and dangerous as opposed to someone unexperienced and just plain dangerous. Not to mention, she's not nearly as likely as to take a hot steaming dump on all the advances in society such as the acceptance of Gay Marriage.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: October 17, 2016, 08:01:28 am »

Tell me, learned friend, all about how electing Hillary Clinton will bring about the end of the world.

I didn't say the world would end, but either one of those two options is certainly going to make things  worse. Well, Trump has a 0.0000000000000001% chance of not being utterly awful, but it's a wee one. Hillary's is 0% flat. The main difference is that Trump might just flush the toilet whereas Hillary will ensure the continuous downward spiral into the drain. Either way, result's the same, and while Trump is a truly repugnant person, so is his contender.

competent

I'm sorry, what? HWAT? Clinton is one of the least competent politicians in your entire government. And that's really saying something.

The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: October 17, 2016, 08:03:36 am »

Honestly, this election reminds me of yelling FIRE! in a crowded theater with inwardly opening doors, except it's TRUMP! instead of fire, and the inwardly opening doors are Hillary.
The circle is complete.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: October 17, 2016, 08:10:30 am »

I reserve incompetency as an insult for my own Republican Party.

I may not like Hillary, but I'll be damned if she doesn't at least pay attention to basic details. Some congressmen struggle to get that far.
BIRDS.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: October 17, 2016, 08:16:23 am »

Ah, yes, basic details, like whether or not it's a good idea to construct your own personal server for storing classified government information, perhaps?
The circle is complete.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: October 17, 2016, 08:21:05 am »

Aye! Sort of like what Colin Powell did. Because that's a person who was Secretary of State once who also did the same thing.

EDIT: Not to mention... There really isn't anything groundbreaking there. Most of them seem to akin to little notes and reminders that I would send myself during college.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:22:44 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: October 17, 2016, 08:21:20 am »

Ah, yes, basic details, like whether or not it's a good idea to construct your own personal server for storing classified government information, perhaps?

It really says a lot about a person if this is the worst you can come up with about them after so much effort.

Apparently you dont have a problem with her tax plan or else you wouldn't be talking about security for non-sensitive emails.  You must really like her energy policy.  And her approach to trade policy.  And she must be thinking the right thing vis-a-vis security arrangements.

Because me, although I am a happy Clinton voter, I have bigger problems with all of these things then some silly penny ante-stakes about her emails.  But you think the emails are the important things.  So you must think her policies are absolutely perfect.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:23:10 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: October 17, 2016, 08:24:35 am »

competent

I'm sorry, what? HWAT? Clinton is one of the least competent politicians in your entire government. And that's really saying something.
Of course you can back that with actual facts, right? Or is it just "lots of smoke must mean there's a fire" type of thing, where if you get accused enough times, you're automatically declared guilty with no right to appeal?
._.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: October 17, 2016, 08:30:39 am »

It really says a lot about a person if this is the worst you can come up with about them after so much effort.

Actually, I've put next to no effort in. That was just the first thing that popped into my head. We're talking about "basic details" after all, aren't we?

Aye! Sort of like what Colin Powell did. Because that's a person who was Secretary of State once who also did the same thing.

EDIT: Not to mention... There really isn't anything groundbreaking there. Most of them seem to akin to little notes and reminders that I would send myself during college.

Did Colin Powell do that to? Honestly I'm not even really sure who he is, but he should be locked up for it too if it was anything like Clinton's situation.

I seem to remember there being a large number of emails that were very thoroughly erased (by Hillary/her lawyers/whoever exactly it was) because they were deemed (by her) to be "personal" and not relevant. Of course, the intelligence of mixing in personal emails with official government documents is... Questionable, to begin with.

The difference between a college student and secretary of state is fairly marked.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: October 17, 2016, 08:32:14 am »

competent

Of course you can back that with actual facts, right? Or is it just "lots of smoke must mean there's a fire" type of thing, where if you get accused enough times, you're automatically declared guilty with no right to appeal?

Right, right, right.

Tell me, do you know what Al Capone was arrested for?
The circle is complete.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: October 17, 2016, 08:35:27 am »

Tell me, do you know what Al Capone was arrested for?

Failure to pay taxes, IIRC.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: October 17, 2016, 08:36:57 am »

Actually, I've put next to no effort in. That was just the first thing that popped into my head. We're talking about "basic details" after all, aren't we?

Everyone's effort.  We are 22 days away from an election and the worst thing that you, someone who hates Clinton, has to say about her is is that you dont like where she stored her emails four years ago.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: October 17, 2016, 08:37:24 am »

Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion because it was the only crime for which evidence could be obtained, although it was absolutely certain that the income he failed to pay taxes on was illegally obtained. Meanwhile, despite more than 40 years of trying to find anything whatsoever to charge the Clintons with, no evidence of either committing a significant crime has ever come to light.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 1249