Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388918 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5925 on: October 07, 2016, 04:52:33 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/index.html

Well this so far tops the charts for Donald Trump vulgarity and attitude toward women.

Chances that it will have any effect on his base: minimal.

I gotta say. I'm impressed with the mass amounts of dirt the media has been able to dig up on past Trump. Playboy videos 20 years old, unpublished hot mic gaffes and what not from 5 years ago.....apparently the media IS capable of digging as long as their target is loud, large and orange.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:54:11 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: October 07, 2016, 04:54:42 pm »

I don't know, I think a lot of older home-grown conservative types might find such a thing repulsive. Probably for similarly misogynistic reasons, but what are you gonna do?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5927 on: October 07, 2016, 04:55:27 pm »

It's like DF
You think you've dug through all the dirt and reached the stone layers, then you hit the caverns and suddenly there's even more dirt

You think that's the end, but that's just the first layer

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: October 07, 2016, 05:05:51 pm »

So by November, we'll be hitting cotton candy? Or maybe we already have...which would explain the recent uptick in evil clowns.

2016: The election cycle that sunk so low it breached Hell.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: October 07, 2016, 05:07:19 pm »

"Reports show the Heralds of Doom resealing the infernal rifts they appeared through, muttering 'No, just fuck no, this can't be the right place, get me out of here'."
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: October 07, 2016, 05:19:02 pm »

While the Trump campaign has been pretty low-key on this hurricane, unlike Trump and Hurricane Sandy, Matt Drudge has taken up the mantle of "insane hurricane conspiracy theorist".

Matt Drudge, the founder of news aggregator Drudge Report, tweeted that the “deplorables” were beginning to wonder if the “exaggerated” government response was to make a point on climate change. It’s in reference to the derogatory way Hillary Clinton described Trump supporters recently as a “basket of deplorables”.

He followed it up with a note that the Hurricane Centre had a “monopoly on data” and that claims of windgusts were unverified in tweets that have gone viral.

Tweet: "Hurricane Center has monopoly on data. No way of verifying claims. Nassau ground observations DID NOT match statements! 165mph gusts? WHERE?"

People have pointed out that this kind of conspiracy theory actually kills people, since it's often difficult to get people to take evacuation warnings seriously.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:30:04 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: October 07, 2016, 05:23:02 pm »

I hope people in California and South Carolina aren't hit as bad as Haiti. Nearly 1000 dead have been found there already after the hurricane passed.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: October 07, 2016, 05:27:00 pm »

I think you might have Florida and California mixed up, there. California is on the other end of the country.

Either way though, I agree.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: October 07, 2016, 05:27:18 pm »

Good lord, it's like people don't realize that the difference between eyewall gusts and surrounding surface gusts exists. This is not the time to try to turn it into a political fight, help people out, recover, then worry about whatever nonsense you want to worry about.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: October 07, 2016, 05:28:07 pm »

I hope people in California and South Carolina aren't hit as bad as Haiti. Nearly 1000 dead have been found there already after the hurricane passed.
Yes, those poor, poor....Californians....
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5935 on: October 07, 2016, 05:28:48 pm »

"Reports show the Heralds of Doom resealing the infernal rifts they appeared through, muttering 'No, just fuck no, this can't be the right place, get me out of here'."
"Horrifying screams echo from below. They also echo from above. Everywhere's fucked."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: October 07, 2016, 05:41:03 pm »

California is on the opposite coast dude. :)

As far as deaths, 3 storm related deaths in the US.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:43:06 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: October 07, 2016, 05:44:23 pm »

Do we have to play the map game again? I've still got my scorecard from last time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: October 07, 2016, 05:48:59 pm »

Your map does not acknowledge the existence of Appalachia.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: October 07, 2016, 05:55:40 pm »

I've seen some shit driving through those mountains. Never again.

Never again.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1249