Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389416 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5610 on: October 04, 2016, 10:58:30 am »

*Donald Trump peels off his hair and face, revealing a clown*
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: October 04, 2016, 11:01:12 am »

Not sure why you think he would need to peel anything off.

In non-clown related news, Bill Clinton calls Obamacare "the craziest thing in the world" and bitches that it's great if you're poor but sucks if you're middle-class. Stay classy and centrist, Bill.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: October 04, 2016, 11:03:53 am »

Where on earth did he even get that idea?

Edit: Okay after hearing it I think I understand where he is coming from.

US private healthcare costs are like twice what they should be.  The US provides medicaid to poor people at a much lower price.  (Of course the quality really varies which he would know as an Arkansaw man).  The US provides Medicare for the retired population at a much lower price then private costs and it's a decent quality.  So it was actually a very foot in mouth rehashing of the Medicare buy in for all idea wrapped up in a typical worship of small business.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:11:53 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: October 04, 2016, 11:10:09 am »

Ol' Bill's gonna get chucked off the campaign doomcastle at this rate, we all know Hillary won't hesitate to unhinge her jaw and bite his neck out if he displeases her again.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: October 04, 2016, 11:12:16 am »

My aunt actually thinks Bill might be suffering some something. She noted his expression a lot on TV and how his mouth seems to hang open a lot of time. I forget what she thought he might have. But it wouldn't surprise me if they decide Bill has outlived his usefulness and put him out to the political pasture.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: October 04, 2016, 11:25:18 am »

Ol' Bill's gonna get chucked cucked off the campaign doomcastle at this rate, we all know Hillary won't hesitate to unhinge her jaw and bite his neck out if he displeases her again.

FTFY
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: October 04, 2016, 11:37:39 am »

Where on earth did he even get that idea?

Edit: Okay after hearing it I think I understand where he is coming from.

US private healthcare costs are like twice what they should be.  The US provides medicaid to poor people at a much lower price.  (Of course the quality really varies which he would know as an Arkansaw man).  The US provides Medicare for the retired population at a much lower price then private costs and it's a decent quality.  So it was actually a very foot in mouth rehashing of the Medicare buy in for all idea wrapped up in a typical worship of small business.

It's hard to say that's because of Obamacare though, isn't it? USA Healthcare inflation was 6.9% from 2000-2009. It hit a low from 2013-2016, where it never went over 3%, but after this April, it's crept back up to ~4.9%, which is about where it was in mid 2012. Growth in costs hasn't been any faster than usual, so I can't see where removing Obamacare from the picture would have saved money overall.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:50:02 am by Reelya »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: October 04, 2016, 11:45:34 am »

Ol' Bill's gonna get chucked cucked off the campaign doomcastle at this rate, we all know Hillary won't hesitate to unhinge her jaw and bite his neck out if he displeases her again.

FTFY
So, who are we shipping Hillary with?

Kaine? Obama? Gore? Stein? Trum... ha, no, I think I've just hit the limit of my ability to keep a straight face there...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: October 04, 2016, 12:01:58 pm »

It's hard to say that's because of Obamacare though, isn't it?

He didn't really blame Obamacare, he just tripped over his words and sounded like he did.

So, who are we shipping Hillary with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skIlZflDs9Y
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: October 04, 2016, 12:16:32 pm »

*Donald Trump peels off his hair and face, revealing a clown*
It's kinda neat and scary how close we're getting to Homestuck's ICP-presidency.
He even has orange clownish makeup

Oh but on the veterans thing:  Technically he implied something bad but his message was good.  His intent was pretty clear, and we can't just assume the worst of him.  He's proven himself terrible in enough other ways.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: October 04, 2016, 12:34:05 pm »

So, Pence wants to 'pull off a Biden' at the debate. My first thought was 'Why would he want to pull off some sort of gaffe?', it actually refers to Bidens performance in 2012.

I guess the challenge would be for him to try and pull it off while not sounding hypocritical at the same time.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: October 04, 2016, 12:35:17 pm »

If either of the veeps take a page from Biden during the debate it will be great instead of boring, like these two boring, boring losers.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: October 04, 2016, 12:52:46 pm »

Oh but on the veterans thing:  Technically he implied something bad but his message was good.  His intent was pretty clear, and we can't just assume the worst of him.  He's proven himself terrible in enough other ways.
Eh, sure. Is just fairly understandable why some folks are assuming the worst. Or rather, assuming his fairly normal that just happens to resemble what tends to be called the worst :V

Speaking of proven terrible, here's another little slice of history. The "fun" bit is near the bottom of the article.

Also heh. Among the rest of it, I didn't know the new york concrete industry had some organized crime issues, but apparently it does. So we're got iranian terrorist bankrollers and now the no-joke mafia. Anyone want to make bets on what shakes out of his business dealings next?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: October 04, 2016, 12:59:01 pm »

Selling white hookers abducted from the streets of New York to Arab sheiks in return for favorable land sales for his Dubai properties?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: October 04, 2016, 01:00:20 pm »

Probably eastern european models but other then that, yeah.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1249