Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389320 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5625 on: October 04, 2016, 01:02:30 pm »

Bought organs from Chinese prison camps.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: October 04, 2016, 01:26:19 pm »

Also heh. Among the rest of it, I didn't know the new york concrete industry had some organized crime issues, but apparently it does. So we're got iranian terrorist bankrollers and now the no-joke mafia. Anyone want to make bets on what shakes out of his business dealings next?

Trump is going to have conflicts of interest up the wazoo if he becomes president. His business operates all over the world and has ties all over the world that the question isn't 'who does he have business ties with', it's 'who doesn't he have business ties with'.

Pretty sure there is no precedent for conflicts of interest on this scale with a president. Sure, Bush sr. had his oil company stuff, but they were pretty limited in comparison and not even international.

Also, the thing with China is so hypocritical, like everything else about him. :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:28:22 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: October 04, 2016, 01:41:45 pm »

The poor quality would explain why he's turning more orange over time.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: October 04, 2016, 01:50:13 pm »

Trump, the wannabe fascist dictator that America deserves.

Trump says he may not accept result if Clinton wins, in reversal from debate

Donald Trump said on Friday that he would not necessarily accept the results of the presidential election in the event that Hillary Clinton defeated him, reversing his statement four days earlier that he would “absolutely” respect them.

After the first presidential debate on Monday, the Republican nominee told reporters “absolutely I would” honor the results of the election should he lose. In an interview with the New York Times on Friday, he backtracked: “We’re going to have to see. We’re going to see what happens. We’re going to have to see.”

Earlier that day at a rally in Detroit, Trump resurfaced fears of voter fraud and his unsubstantiated complaints of a “rigged” election. He told supporters that voter fraud is “a big, big problem in this country”, although research has found a few dozen potential incidents of in-person voter fraud in 14 years of US elections. He also urged them to “go and watch the polling places and make sure it is on the up and up”.
At this point it's becoming increasingly obvious that, if Trump doesn't manage to get his way through legal methods, he will call upon his trusty militias to give him the ultimate power. Not that this is anything really new - he was calling for a "revolution" back in 2012 when Romney lost - but... this time, this guy is running for fucking President of the United States and has 40%+ popular support.

Can you just imagine the shitstorm that would start if his "concession speech" is a general call to overthrow the government by all means possible?
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: October 04, 2016, 01:53:43 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/04/tim-kaine-mike-pence-vice-presidential-debate-elections-live?page=with:block-57f3f405e4b0afec6ad16cd2#block-57f3f405e4b0afec6ad16cd2

Apparently Alex Jones of Infowars claims there will be some sort of bombshelll leak on Clinton tomorrow.  \/O\/

@Sergarr: You're kind of late on that one, but yeah, it would definetly be a shitstorm if he refuses to concede or if he does some sort of half concede while at the same time not recognizing Clinton as president.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/04/tim-kaine-mike-pence-vice-presidential-debate-elections-live?page=with:block-57f3fb94e4b0afec6ad16ceb#block-57f3fb94e4b0afec6ad16ceb Wtf Gary Johnson?...... ignorance is an asset? Only way that it's an asset is if the people in power keep people ignorant. Actually, no, it's just The Guardian saying that. Johnson doesn't outright say that and was mostly trying to defend not naming any foriegn leaders he admires. And then he goes on to talk about Political Correctness (I think that's what he is trying to say) and not getting involved for regieme change. Seems more like he's trying to say that it's better to know the underlying issues than being able to spell names correctly? Not even sure here.

I can see how someone might get confused and think he was saying ignorance is an asset.

And politico is misreading it too: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/gary-johnson-geography-map-wars-229105 It really seems like he's talking about knowing the underlying issues rather than just the basic facts or just the name of a place.

Even then, it doesn't change the fact that his statement is kind of wierd.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:19:39 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: October 04, 2016, 02:07:34 pm »

The poor quality would explain why he's turning more orange over time.

Trump buys the best organs.  People who know this stuff have seen his organs and they are all testing positive.  Let me tell you there is nothing wrong with these organs, upstairs or downstairs they are incredible.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: October 04, 2016, 02:22:57 pm »

Can you just imagine the shitstorm that would start if his "concession speech" is a general call to overthrow the government by all means possible?
2016, anything's possible.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: October 04, 2016, 03:06:10 pm »

Most election seasons, Johnson tripping over... himself, would lead to a whole industry making dick jokes about a candidate.

Most election seasons, an actual outbreak of clowns would raise an eyebrow, but that is not this season.

This is an orange year, a yuge year, a wig year! So onward my Riders of NoFacts, onward my Warriors of Lame!

TRUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, sure. Is just fairly understandable why some folks are assuming the worst. Or rather, assuming his fairly normal that just happens to resemble what tends to be called the worst :V
Yup, like I said, if someone on here posted that statement, I'd default to assuming it was just a case of possible misunderstanding, and point this out if someone were being attacked over it.

I don't recall you lot having a history of attacking vets and being ginormous douchebags though, and will be utterly unsurprised to hear Trump come out later and claim he never said it, but that people with PTSD aren't strong and should just get over it.

I don't think it would surprise anyone here either, and that's a damn shame.
Speaking of proven terrible, here's another little slice of history. The "fun" bit is near the bottom of the article.
Not as much of a shame as that picture, holy bloodgod what a catastrophe of ugly, and the only nice looking one is dead? Shit.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5633 on: October 04, 2016, 03:52:26 pm »

Worst-case scenario, Trump wins the popular election but loses the electoral college.

That would almost certainly result in violence. On the other hand, at least he wouldn't be legally in office.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: October 04, 2016, 04:03:13 pm »

The idea of people rioting on behalf of Trump seems very baffling to me. Political violence in interwar Germany seems like a good comparison here. Hate to abruptly godwin it, but Hitler's use of political violence during his campaigning had three major advantages over Trump: extremely effective organization on the ground, sympathy from the courts/government administrators, and an adversarial atmosphere of violence that included many other paramilitaries already brawling in the street. Trump's got none of these things going for him; even if his supporters would actually fight for him in an organized fashion (again, hard to swallow), it just wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:05:22 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: October 04, 2016, 04:07:25 pm »

Trump wont live long enough to create street mobs and overthrow the republic but he might contribute to higher levels of political violence for future demagogues to exploit.  And America has a lot of those.  I bet a whole bunch of them are kicking themselves that they didn't think of this first.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: October 04, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »

What's the odds of him pulling a bush though & taking election results to the court?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: October 04, 2016, 05:10:28 pm »

Decently high (lawsuit is his natural state of existence) but what is the court gonna do?  Even if they were inclined to be sympathetic towards him (which they probably aren't).
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: October 04, 2016, 05:12:12 pm »

What's the odds of him pulling a bush though & taking election results to the court?
Unless there is a super close recount that decides the election in question, he can't. You can't just take the actual electoral results to court. There's no precedent for that. Plus, of course, the Supreme Court has no allegiance to Trump, so they also would have less interest in it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: October 04, 2016, 05:13:38 pm »

Worth keeping in mind how much of his "go down to the polls and really keep an eye on things" stuff ends up resulting in actionable cases too, I'd be less eager to try and push for a suit if your supporters are in court over voter intimidation charges... but I can pass as a reasonable human being most of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 1249