Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392801 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #4380 on: September 19, 2016, 12:35:02 pm »

Something I learned not too long ago is that Clinton is younger than Trump. You read that right. Younger by two years.

Trump is actually the one more likely to die, also because men don't live as long.
If they were average men or women

Hillary's three blood clots, concussion, deep vein thrombosis, hypothyroidism, pneumonia and so on
Collapsing doesn't really improve the image either
Trump's a fatty

I'll take my bets on the one that's on lifetime meds

Even if he's gone back to labeling himself an independent, hasn't he been dutifully endorsing Hillary ever since he lost the primary?
The only thing worse than an infidel is a heretic.
Or a double heretic

Sanders seems to be intent on making it really damn clear he ran as a democrat in bad faith, with zero intention of actually doing much of anything for the party except take advantage of the name for a campaign cycle. Doesn't sit right with me at all, y'know? If he'd stayed independent from the beginning it wouldn't bother me much, if at all, (and he probably wouldn't have made the news basically at all, but still), but that's not how he decided to play things out.

I'll be a little less pissed if it actually turns out he does what that aide said, or makes at least some sort of notable contributions to the organization he just got a serious boost from in the interim, but, again. From how this election cycle's played out my expectations of sanders vis a vis that sort of integrity are pretty damn low.
Bernie seems to be loyally campaigning for Clinton
You gotta consider as well, if Bernie campaigns too obviously for Clinton, then his supporters who already call him a sellout shill will flock to Jill in the elections
He's basically dug himself into a grave
I just don't think you'd campaign on behalf of someone you wanted to... Undermine... Unless that's all according to keikaku

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: September 19, 2016, 12:39:35 pm »

The only thing worse than an infidel is a heretic.

It's fine to follow a different creed.  What pisses me off is you joining my club and then bitching before the door is even done hitting your ass.  Barack Obama was way more of a democrat then Bernie Sanders will ever be and he didn't bitch that people assumed Clinton would be the nominee back in 2008.  He campaigned his ass off and convinced the superdelegates that they should support him.

Except it was less "thanks" and more "fuck you".

His parting gifts to the democratic party was turning their goddamn convention into a whinefest about TPP and getting their chairwoman fired in a humiliating display of deference to his ego.  She could have been quietly removed the way the democratic leadership wanted but no it had to be done in a humiliating way that pleased Bernie Sanders the self indulgent child around whom the earth revolves.

You gotta consider as well, if Bernie campaigns too obviously for Clinton, then his supporters who already call him a sellout shill will flock to Jill in the elections

What is this 12 dimensional chess bullshit?  Anyone who will be pissed by Bernie campaigning for Clinton isn't going to be convinced by him campaigning just a little bit.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4382 on: September 19, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »

His parting gifts to the democratic party was turning their goddamn convention into a whinefest about TPP and getting their chairwoman fired in a humiliating display of deference to his ego.  She could have been quietly removed the way the democratic leadership wanted but no it had to be done in a humiliating way that pleased Bernie Sanders the self indulgent child around whom the earth revolves.
Holy shit mainiac, are you surrounded in Bernie supporters or something 24/7
I can feel this roast

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: September 19, 2016, 12:49:42 pm »

Are the people who hate on Clinton literally surrounded by references to her email 24/7?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: September 19, 2016, 12:57:00 pm »

Has he actually gave Clinton much more endorsement then "look anything's better then Trump.."? I lost a lot of respect for him when he lost the nomination. There was a while there where he seemed more interested in deliberately sabotaging Clinton's campaign rather then accepting he lost.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: September 19, 2016, 12:57:13 pm »

Why should Bernie support Hillary? Ah, Mainiac answered the question already. I should expect more from this thread.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:00:11 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4386 on: September 19, 2016, 12:57:34 pm »

Complain about Bernie however much you like, that doesn't change the fact that if the DNC had gone with him and built a coalition of the sane, Trump would not be anywhere near as successful as he is today.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: September 19, 2016, 12:58:39 pm »

Why should Bernie support Hillary?

Why run as a democrat if you're only interested in a free lunch? For someone who campaigned on "integrity", he didn't appear to have much to me. Just wanted to game the system.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:00:18 pm by wobbly »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: September 19, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »

Why run as a democrat if you're only interested in a free lunch? For someone who campaigned on "integrity", he didn't appear to have much to me. Just wanted to game the system.
It's functionally impossible to get elected at national level as anybody but a Republicrat unless you are a Federalist or Teddy Roosevelt.

(I think people voted Hillary because she was the default selection on several ballots, and people didn't put in any effort investigating the options. Compare Trump's speeches to talk radio propaganda. Are there any similarities?)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:10:59 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: September 19, 2016, 01:04:16 pm »

Has he actually gave Clinton much more endorsement then "look anything's better then Trump.."?

To be fair to him he has given enthusiastic endorsements on occasion.  But he doesn't play the media game well when he is endorsing Clinton.  He buries the lede so the headline tends to be about other stuff.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: September 19, 2016, 01:08:09 pm »

It's functionally impossible to get elected at national level as anybody but a Republicrat unless you are a Federalist or Teddy Roosevelt.

&? Those people who wouldn't of voted for him as an independent shouldn't expect him to actually be a Democrat? The party apparatus he used for he's campaign shouldn't be pissed that he turned around & back-stabbed them?

You know if he'd of quietly gone back to being an independent I would of respected it in terms of practicality. It seems instead he used the Decromats when it suited he's career then kicked up a stink when he lost.

Has he actually gave Clinton much more endorsement then "look anything's better then Trump.."?

To be fair to him he has given enthusiastic endorsements on occasion.  But he doesn't play the media game well when he is endorsing Clinton.  He buries the lede so the headline tends to be about other stuff.

Fair enough. It's pretty hard to find anything in American politics through all the noise sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:10:15 pm by wobbly »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4391 on: September 19, 2016, 01:10:44 pm »

Wasn't Bernie's platform 'free shit'?

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: September 19, 2016, 01:15:44 pm »

Do you guys think politicians are principled? (not a rhetorical question, though I an cynical)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: September 19, 2016, 01:18:23 pm »

*shrugs* Some are. People are people and all that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: September 19, 2016, 01:20:19 pm »

What Frumple said. Plus keep in mind "principled" is about as subjective as "moral".
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1249