Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391963 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3105 on: August 23, 2016, 11:59:15 am »

I should've* would've set the font in its textbox forming the subtitle so that the two "house"s would have not gone onto the next line. Looks messy.

That's my input.

*Not me, honest!  I'm only the guy who is in charge of photoshopping Donald's hairpiece on every photo and film.  I've nearly got it right. It still looks a bit odd, but they only let me use MSPaint, for some ideological reason.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: August 23, 2016, 12:09:59 pm »

BTW, according to a couple of the Amazon reviewers the book claims Donald Trump wears a toupee made of "endangered monkey hair and ox pubes". Possibly the book is an elaborate gag (spelling mistakes and all) rather than a stinging expose.

EDIT a google around found the source of the endangered monkey hair ox pubes thing, it was an article in the National Report in mid 2015, which is an Onion style comedy news site.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 12:27:18 pm by Reelya »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: August 23, 2016, 12:18:32 pm »

A long-running gag possibly?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: August 23, 2016, 12:38:12 pm »

A long-running gag possibly?
Only if it slips down far enough to become a beard/moustache combo, before sticking again...   But we can hope. ;)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3109 on: August 23, 2016, 12:50:34 pm »

As someone who looks at you guys from outside - I am not even moved by this shit even a little bit. Remember when people tried to prove that Obama is not, in fact, an American citizen?

Yeah.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: August 23, 2016, 01:06:28 pm »

I'm not saying, like, Trump's hair is actually an illegal Mexican immigrant. Many people are saying so, but I'm not doing so, although some people will say this. I have the utmost respect for anyone who disguises theselves as Trump's hair, but they became Trump's hair due to the policies of Obama and Crooked Hillary, despite already being the hair for decades before they made any policies. The lying media will tell you that nobody can actually be disguised as anybody's toupée, but those are the same media that won't show you all the other people wearing human hairpieces because they won't move their cameras around. And you can trust me, as I am the truthfullest of everyone, with the biggest penis and balls.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: August 23, 2016, 01:11:43 pm »

Toupées of America! You don't need to live out your lives as a mere hairpiece! Make a bald move, and rise!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: August 23, 2016, 01:58:50 pm »

As someone who looks at you guys from outside - I am not even moved by this shit even a little bit. Remember when people tried to prove that Obama is not, in fact, an American citizen?

Yeah.
The best part: one of the people making the loudest noises about that is now the republican candidate, we live in a strange and banal future written by bored satirists.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: August 23, 2016, 02:06:59 pm »

Nah, that was the future we used to live in. The problem with the future we live in now is that the bored ones decided to take a vacation. Or maybe got laid off or somethin', I'unno. We're left with the hobbyists that couldn't get hired or maintain a website, now :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: August 23, 2016, 03:02:06 pm »

CNN didn't "goof", at all. The number of black people in prison is completely divorced from the question of whether blacks have higher criminality, since they're about 6 times more likely to be jailed for the same crime as a white person.

This is a finely crafted post.  Everyone should read it.  And everyone should note how it Reelya took 10 lines of informed explanation to debunk this misinformation while it took the two words "CNN goofed" to create the misinformation.  It's an important lesson...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: August 23, 2016, 03:04:42 pm »

CNN didn't "goof", at all. The number of black people in prison is completely divorced from the question of whether blacks have higher criminality, since they're about 6 times more likely to be jailed for the same crime as a white person.

This is a finely crafted post.  Everyone should read it.  And everyone should note how it Reelya took 10 lines of informed explanation to debunk this misinformation while it took the two words "CNN goofed" to create the misinformation.  It's an important lesson...
People confuse words with reality, and it takes skillful manipulation of word-reality to reverse a worldview or move it onto a track favored by the respondent?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: August 25, 2016, 09:56:22 am »

We're under 75 days left to go until Decision 2016: Our National Four-Year Festival of Horrible People Who Will Decide Our Fates is over.

And based on current state-level polling, this thing is almost in the bag. Even if you give Trump every one of the current toss-up states (which would mean him sweeping Ohio, Florida, NC, Iowa, Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, Missouri, and Maine CD2)....he'd still lose 272-266.

If you split them the way they're currently leaning, she wipes the floor with his hairpiece, 362-176. Which would be a worse loss than Mitt Romney, but just a smidgen better than John McCain (365-173). And certainly better than Bob Dole (379-159).

So this isn't good enough, folks. A merely humdrum, "routine" loss doesn't repudiate Trump. They'll just double down on the crazy like they always do, and next time they'll run some bastard lovechild of Trump and Palin, with a healthy dose of David Duke. Trump needs to get flattened a la Dukakis (426-112). I'd like to say Mondale, but that's mathematically impossible in the current polarized political geography of America.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: August 25, 2016, 10:01:31 am »

Gary Johnson surge after he somehow gets to debate?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: August 25, 2016, 10:13:17 am »

Gary Johnson surge after he somehow gets to debate?
Possible, but I still haven't seen convincing evidence that he pulls more votes from Trump than he does Clinton. The appeal for Trumpeters isn't ideological, it's cult of personality. These aren't people voting for Trump because he's a fiscal conservative (because he's not), they're voting for him because he's the human equivalent of a Michael Bay movie. Loud, flashy, vapid and geared for people who don't like to think much.

Meanwhile, there are disaffected Democrats/liberal independents who see Johnson's pro-marijuana stance, his recent comments on BLM, etc. and think he's a palatable alternative. (I am not one of them...I think he's a good guy, and not a true Libertarian, but enough so that I can't support him).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: August 25, 2016, 10:49:31 am »

Johnson has an equally good chance of slicing off Single-Issue-Republicans as he does of slicing of Single Issue Democrats. His stance on Gun Control is actually rightward of the NRA and most pro-gun politicians, he's a strong advocate for banning income tax, eliminating all trade barriers, and getting rid of federal Student Loans and healthcare. All of these target key planks in the Republican platform. Meanwhile, his strong support of gay rights, legal abortion (although he does support overturning Roe as part of his strict-constructionist stance toward the Constitution), the environment (he is on record as considering the EPA to be a perfect example of the proper role of government), greatly reducing the global military role of the US, and eliminating the War On Drugs all target major Democrat planks. While all of these also repel some voters (I doubt you in particular would be enamored with a candidate that proposes to end all restrictions on civilian firearm ownership, for example), they're likely to draw in enough to offset.

The problem with Johnson is that too many of the planks in his platform repel single-issue or narrow-band voters on both sides without offsetting. He strongly opposes Net Neutrality as uncompetitive, which is going to upset far more people than the handful it attracts, his stance on unions is muddled enough to offend everybody, and eliminating the Department of Education while banning any Federal oversight of education is farther than most people want to go.

For this reason, he has almost no chance of winning unless Trump defects to Russia and Hillary starts blazing away at her critics, but he's probably going to have pretty equal effects on both parties.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1249