Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391960 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3075 on: August 19, 2016, 09:49:22 pm »

I still can't believe that private prisons are a thing. Like, who thought that was remotely acceptable? The owners are literally profiting from crime and justice. Those are two things that profits should never, ever be involved in, if at all possible.

edit: though the prison from that article doesn't seem to be private; still, the point stands
But the corporate interests people demand it! How could you could you impede their lobbying money Free speech!? Privatization is the only way to Pay for my yacht reduce government expenses you know!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: August 19, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »

I love how desensitized y'all are. The director of Abu Ghraib is running prisons in the USA now with suspicious deaths going on, and Americans are just like "meh". It's like I could point out that Literal Hitler is running law enforcement in some state, and you guys point out "well not every state is run by literal Hitler. The rest are only 30% Hitler."
... well, what exactly do you expect us to do? Basically everyone that's not in the immediate vicinity of the bastard thinks that he's a bastard, but there's only so much you can do about it besides express discontent and whatnot. Which people do. Regularly. Occasionally pretty loudly. Which is about the extent they're capable of unless you want them to round up a posse and drive probably-hundreds of miles to go murder people, and then end up in prison and/or killed by cops.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: August 19, 2016, 10:04:05 pm »

I love how desensitized y'all are. The director of Abu Ghraib is running prisons in the USA now with suspicious deaths going on, and Americans are just like "meh". It's like I could point out that Literal Hitler is running law enforcement in some state, and you guys point out "well not every state is run by literal Hitler. The rest are only 30% Hitler."
... well, what exactly do you expect us to do? Basically everyone that's not in the immediate vicinity of the bastard thinks that he's a bastard, but there's only so much you can do about it besides express discontent and whatnot. Which people do. Regularly. Occasionally pretty loudly. Which is about the extent they're capable of unless you want them to round up a posse and drive probably-hundreds of miles to go murder people, and then end up in prison and/or killed by cops.
I think they want to just kick the bad people out of the country, Trump-style.

Or mass-immigrate to the county and then elect the guy out of office.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: August 19, 2016, 10:52:53 pm »

I don't think a mass-immigration of Bay12ers would be something the Trump Administration would be a fan of. I think he would put a stop to it, and there is nothing you guys could do. Although, the second amendment people; maybe there is, I don't know.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: August 19, 2016, 11:43:16 pm »

Well, I do exercise my constitution given right to own firearms. Not quite sure how you're suggesting to apply that, though. Maybe spell it out a bit more clearly?
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: August 20, 2016, 12:17:42 am »

If you own firearms loudly enough, you can drive down property values in your neighborhood, enabling the poorer residents more likely to be affected by shitty policing to move into your area.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: August 20, 2016, 05:12:45 am »

Interesting idea, but arizona's already among the cheapest in the nation, as far as I can tell. Trying to drive values lower than it is like arguing with an idiot -- it'll pull you down to its level and beat you with experience :-\

Plus my immediate area's already about as low as it gets before the pricing starts demonstrating just how much you want to not live there, iirc. Rural north florida ain't exactly ball breaking, or all that poverty would be even less sustainable.
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 20, 2016, 09:27:53 am »

How do you expect people to afford their meth if they don't have super-cheap housing?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 20, 2016, 05:51:36 pm »

New York Times reports that a research they asked a professional research institute to do into the financial wellbeing of Trump's business has concluded that Trump isn't doing too well on a business level. The total debt of his companies is 650 million dollar, which is more than double the amount of debt that Trump stated himself. The two main creditors Trump's companies are indebted to are Goldman Sachs, and the Bank of China.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/donald-trump-debt.html?_r=1
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: August 20, 2016, 06:18:10 pm »

China!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: August 20, 2016, 06:24:02 pm »

Oh, it's Ok.  When Trump becomes President he shall just decree that his debts are defaultable without any comeback, just as he will with US Government debt (as the dollar then spirals into future obscurity and is sent to Zimbabwe to be used as lavatory paper).

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: August 20, 2016, 06:26:49 pm »

China!

Rumor has it, every time trump says china, his chinese debt gets reduced by 100 bucks.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: August 20, 2016, 07:10:12 pm »

Speaking of Joe Arpaio,

Judge Refers Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio for Criminal Prosecution

It doesn't mean much yet; federal prosecutors still need to decide if they want to actually bring charges against him. But, baby steps.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: August 20, 2016, 09:34:58 pm »

Can't we just take Arpaio out behind a barn and shoot him? That's what we usually do with rabid dogs. /s, mostly

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: August 20, 2016, 09:47:56 pm »

I read that guy's Wikipedia article, and it's insane. How has he gotten away with so much insanity without being sent to jail forever, much less losing his extremely important position?
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1249