Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392381 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3060 on: August 19, 2016, 10:03:30 am »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: August 19, 2016, 01:24:59 pm »

Here's the thing. I too dislike that penis size is in any way relevant to this. In itself. But Trump's reactions to it makes it so obvious that he has YUGE complexes about his penis size. And that is still very funny. It's childish, and probably mean spirited, but I'm still giggling.

I'm just saying that really, we should be the yuger person about this.
That wouldn't be hard.  8)

Sorry, but this is like watching a guy who goes around poking dogs with a stick get bitten by a dog. No sympathy, no tut-tutting. This is karmic payback at its finest.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: August 19, 2016, 01:57:43 pm »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: August 19, 2016, 02:15:52 pm »

When a person breaks a law, american society feels like we have licence to treat them like animals.  It would be disgusting even if the laws weren't bullshit.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: August 19, 2016, 04:19:05 pm »

When a person breaks a law, american society feels like we have licence to treat them like animals.  It would be disgusting even if the laws weren't bullshit.

Or when people are breaking the law when you squint reaaaaal hard at them.  The way the public allows the government to treat people is disgusting.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: August 19, 2016, 05:38:29 pm »

Or when people are breaking the law when you squint reaaaaal hard at them.  The way the public allows the government to treat people is disgusting.

Or when the government squints real hard at them because they're part of a group that is stereotyped as law breakers (racial profiling).  Or are doing something unpopular that the government treats as criminal when it's not actually breaking the law (protest).

Oh yeah... it's Arizona.  Perception of criminality doesn't even have anything to do with it.  That place is just a terminal shitstorm of xenophobic hate.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:41:17 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: August 19, 2016, 08:56:15 pm »

Yeah Arizona where they put hookers in iron cells in the desert sun and laugh as they die of exposure / dehydration. Her only crime was literally prostitution. And this is supposed to be a "first world" country?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:58:46 pm by Reelya »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: August 19, 2016, 09:04:37 pm »

The fuck is wrong with those people!?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: August 19, 2016, 09:09:10 pm »

In fairness, you can't blame all of Arizona for Maricopa County. That place is hell on Earth, and practically a cult of personality around Arpaio. He's never not been up to some shit. Hell, I looked just now and he's facing federal contempt charges.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: August 19, 2016, 09:17:27 pm »

The charges against the officers got knocked down by Maricopa County's DA. Maricopa County is the one run by Joe Arpaio.

BTW, I found some info on the head honcho (Charles Ryan) of those Arizona prisons as well. Before running Arizona prisons, where the girl was baked to death, among other deaths, he was in charge of US prisons in Iraq, including Abu Ghraib during the abuse there.

What the link I cited is saying, is that ADC director Charles Ryan brought the charges against his own officers for the death of Marcia Powell. But in fact, he's the guy who turned her life-support off, without any medical advice or legal right to do so, and only a couple of hours after she collapsed. So at the end of the day, the prison director decided she wasn't important enough to get A-class medical treatment on his tab. The theory is that bringing charges against his own subordinates was mainly to save his own bacon after it became a media shitstorm. Same deal as Abu Ghraib.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:24:51 pm by Reelya »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: August 19, 2016, 09:24:51 pm »

We don't all take judgement to that extreme but we all love to delegitimize people. Or maybe I am projecting. :P. But I think it is not the way it was before the bush years.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: August 19, 2016, 09:30:45 pm »

I love how desensitized y'all are. The director of Abu Ghraib is running prisons in the USA now with suspicious deaths going on, and Americans are just like "meh". It's like I could point out that Literal Hitler is running law enforcement in some state, and you guys point out "well not every state is run by literal Hitler. The rest are only 30% Hitler."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:32:52 pm by Reelya »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: August 19, 2016, 09:33:39 pm »

Desensitized?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: August 19, 2016, 09:35:00 pm »

I still can't believe that private prisons are a thing. Like, who thought that was remotely acceptable? The owners are literally profiting from crime and justice. Those are two things that profits should never, ever be involved in, if at all possible.

edit: though the prison from that article doesn't seem to be private; still, the point stands

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: August 19, 2016, 09:42:30 pm »

privatization makes everything more efficient

chase out the bureaucrat welfare queens
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1249