Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387529 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #600 on: July 20, 2016, 10:28:46 am »

Well, you know, those bill clinton accusations actualy had names attached to it, soooo :u
:P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 20, 2016, 10:30:30 am »

Exactly!

What a sad and pathetic display of subject changing.

You accused a possible child rape victim of lying because she didn't want to expose her name to people like... well you.
Thank you, I'm flattered.

Anyway, my point is simple: It's awfully hypocritical of you people to sweep accusations against Bill under the rug, and then treat an anonymous filing of a lawsuit as "ohmygerd RAPIST."

Now, you can get the hell off your high-horse, mainiac.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 20, 2016, 10:31:11 am »

You accused a possible child rape victim of lying because she didn't want to expose her name to people like... well you.  The advocates of these people walk over eggshells to be as even handed as possible and you immediately leap to blame anyway.
...What?  Playergamer said no such thing, and you instantly got incredibly personal.  Take a look at the topic title and chill, jeez.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 20, 2016, 10:32:01 am »

Mainiac, dude, remember that thing with RK? The reason you were specifically mentioned in the OP, ye?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 20, 2016, 10:32:53 am »

Anyway, my point is simple: It's awfully hypocritical of you people to sweep accusations against Bill under the rug, and then treat an anonymous filing of a lawsuit as "ohmygerd RAPIST."

You are inventing strawmen that dont exist.  The article was careful to say that they were a matter for investigation.  You know investigations?  That process where you go out to find the truth?

You get off your high horse.  You said horrible things and are now trying to blame me for what you said.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 20, 2016, 10:34:51 am »

Like the investigations of Hillary?  :P

More seriously, I'm not sure what the media is supposed to investigate here if they don't even have the name of the victims.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 20, 2016, 10:38:04 am »

Like the investigations of Hillary?  :P

Have I ever once said that there should be no investigation?

Seriously.  There is a real fucking problem here.  People are jumping straight to their prejudices in place of actual investigation.  There was an investigation of Hillary Clinton.  I wish that people would look at the actual results of that investigation instead of using "where there is smoke there is fire". When I did that people ridiculed me.

I'm not sure what the media is supposed to investigate here if they don't even have the name of the victims.

Generally these people are repeat offenders.  Look at the recent events with Roger Ailes.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 20, 2016, 10:39:07 am »

Or Bill Clinton!
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 20, 2016, 10:40:25 am »

Or Bill Clinton!

And they investigated him.

Look this concept is pretty simple.  People that have been investigated and found not guilty should be treated as not guilty.  Accusations should be treated appropriately.  Saying that Trump should be assumed innocent because the Clintons were investigated and found not guilty is completely illogical.  And it distracts from a huge problem, when a possible child rape victim came forward you leapt to smear her character in truly vile fashion.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 20, 2016, 10:42:25 am »

Exactly!

What a sad and pathetic display of subject changing.

You accused a possible child rape victim of lying because she didn't want to expose her name to people like... well you.
Thank you, I'm flattered.

And his point is that you're being an asshole for doing the old "attack anyone who criticizes Trump" routine, and then trying to change the subject the moment you realized that you couldn't win the argument that you just started.

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 20, 2016, 10:45:14 am »

Well there's also that but I'm most worried about the fact that people think it's okay to blame people claiming to be rape victims before there was even an investigation.  That's vile.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:28 am »

I didn't "blame" anyone, mainiac. Find a place where I "blamed" this person, please. Then we can talk.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: A
« Reply #612 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:49 am »

Also, WTF with the five-years statute of limitation? I mean, I'm all for statute of limitation, but you should at least give the time to your child rape survivor to grow to adulthood before they sue.
Damn, indeed. That 5 year term can only have been instated by childmolestors to protect child molestors.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 20, 2016, 10:49:19 am »

If there's any crime that shouldn't have time limits on prosecution that would be one. But sure lets go straight to victim bashing whenever it's a famous person who's accused, why not.
Hitler I mean Cosbydidnothingwrong.txt
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 20, 2016, 10:49:31 am »

Yeah, I don't think doubting the veracity of the accusation is the same as blaming the victim or something. The timing seems suspect to me too. Sure it should be investigated (And I guess the judge's on the case), but in the meantime, on is allowed to be skeptical.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 1249